Pavillions on 1770
1770 Getaway(Agnes Water)(Great Value!)
$121
Agnes Palms Beachside YHA(Agnes Water)(Great Value!)
$76
$58
  • Breakfast included
Agnes Water Beach Club(Agnes Water)(Great Value!)
$138
$134
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Sandcastles 1770 Motel & Resort(Agnes Water)(Great Value!)
$79
$72
Agoda.com
Backpackers @ 1770(Agnes Water)(Great Value!)
$41
$19
$77
The Edge On Beaches(Agnes Water)(Great Value!)
$166
$160
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
The Lovely Cottages(Agnes Water)
  • Beachfront
All reviewstop floorspa baththree bedroomsecure parkingeasy access to the beachwalk in wardrobesecond bedroomshort pathapartments are spaciousseparate showerfabulous accommodationthe kitchenapartment complexocean viewhuge patiodifferent buildingspool and hot tub
Reviewed March 3, 2009

We stayed there only for one night on the way to Heron Island. I wish we could have spent more!

Mantra is a beautiful resort, newly built and the quality is over the expectations.
We had a 3 bedroom appartement, which was spacious, immaculately clean, generously equipped...If I had the opportunity, would have moved in immediately...

Nothing to criticize, really gladly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TC_Jr
Reviewed September 17, 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at this beautiful property. It is very close to the beach ( a couple of minutes walk) and just a short drive to the shops and eating places. We could just see the water from the apartment - we were on the second floor but if we were up on the top floor (3rd) I would imagine that the view would be very good. The apartment was very spacious and comfortable. There was a massive plasma tv in the lounge area and a smaller one in the bedroom. The spa bath was a very large oval shape big enough for both my husband and I to fit in together. The second bedroom and bathroom were locked off as we only wanted one bedroom but I think I could safely say that it would have been just as good. The only downside was that we couldn't find our parking spot in the secure parking area because someone had removed the number from the wall and when leaving the property it is a one way street so we had to do a couple of laps of the circuit to either get back to the reception or the parking area. Overall this place would certainly be the top of my list if I was staying anywhere in Agnes Water. I really do mean that I would like to move in. I loved the place!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank lizardofoz
Reviewed August 22, 2008

We were fortunate to be allocated a second storey apartment with a real sea view from the balcony, though the resort was pretty empty so allocating this room may not have been difficult. Most of the other rooms look over the pool/garden or for some unfortunate souls, the surrounding building site (the area around the resort is under construction). The apartment was well fitted out with new mostly high quality appliances, but we did suffer from the same problem as a previous reviewer in that the temperature control is limited, we had the choice of heating on and being too hot, or heating off and being cold. The reception closed at 6pm and when we phoned to ask for more bedding to keep the kids warm, we were informed that the manager on duty lived 2 hours away! Saying this, 2 hours later more bedding did arrive. When I booked around 6 weeks before arrival, I asked if the pool was heated. I was informed that the pool heating was not functional but would be fixed by the time we arrived. Unfortunately, this was rather optimistic so we had 3 kids for 5 days in a resort with a pool too cold to go in. To cap this, at the end of the stay, the manager refused to honour the rate we had been quoted on the phone when making the booking and was very unhelpful (which was in contrast to the other staff, who were most helpful and apologetic regarding the teething problems). In summary, the resort may not be ready to accept guests. I should add that this experience is an anomaly and other stays at Mantra hotels have been without problem.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank XdaveX
ManagerPavillions, Manager at Pavillions on 1770, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

We note xdavex's comments made in August 2008.
We are the managers for Pavillions on 1770 having purchased the business from Mantra in 2011. We are on-site and are immediately contactable 24/7 to deal with any concerns.
We are unsure about noise from construction and can only assume it was from work on the final stages of the construction of Pavillions on 1770 as the resort is in a quiet, beautiful, beachside location.
In terms of temperature control within the apartment, there is a thermostatic controller which permits guests to set the temperature on either a cool or heat setting and at the desired temperature.
We get very positive feedback from guests when they check out, including about the apartments, pools, the beach, service and the natural beauty of the area.
John & Marion

Reviewed April 22, 2008

The apartment we had was beautiful and very well equipped. I had requested a sea-view apartment and on checking in, was told that ours did have a sea view. However, to see the sea you had to stand at one end of the balcony and look past a couple of other blocks of apartments, also part of the Mantra Pavillions complex. Sitting on the balcony, our main view was of an old, unattractive, brightly coloured apartment block.

The airconditioning control is in the living room, with a minimum of about 23C, so with the bedroom door closed (& the bedroom was quite small) it became rather hot - we had to prop the door open each night - not a problem since there were only the 2 of us, but might be more inconvenient if both bedrooms were being used. The main problem though was that the dressing room/closet off the main bedroom had a nasty smell, like stale sweat which permeated my clothes and luggage.

The bathroom was really lovely with spa bath and a large shower. I'm not sure how often the spa bath jetsare cleaned though - the first time I used it there was a lot of black debris in the bath.

The other problem with smells was on the landing outside the front door, where you wait for the lift. There is a shute for rubbish there and the smells waft up to the landing.

The beach is sandy, beautiful and goes on for miles. I'm not sure how safe it is for swimming as there seem to be quite a lot of rocks. We chose to drive along to Agnes Water, where there is a lifeguard on duty, a couple of miles away. To get to the beach there is a path from the apartment complex up & down through the dunes, and a bit of a scramble down to the beach from there.

Excellent restaurant "The Deck" towards 1770, a couple of miles away. Best to book as it is small, and well used by holidaymakers and locals.

• Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank tog
Reviewed September 11, 2007

The Mantra is located on prime beachfront at Angus Waters. It is a new development offering resort style luxury accommodation. The town of 1770 is approx 5 minutes away by car.

We booked this hotel through wotif and received an excellent rate.

Check In – Staff were very friendly and efficient and we ended up getting an upgrade from a one-bedroom apartment to a three bedroom. Due to our request of wanting an ocean view.

Room- Our apartment 213 on the second floor was fantastic, ultra modern, chic and luxurious with every notion catered for. These apartments are outstanding in design and take my hat off to the architect, who finally got it perfect.

The front door leads into a long corridor, which flows, to a spacious open plan kitchen/ lounge/ dining room with large open glass doors that run onto a very roomy covered balcony with dining suite/ deck chairs and your own BBQ area.

The main bedroom was spacious with a walk-in wardrobe and a massive en suite with a spa, separate walk-in shower, fabulous vanity unit with 2 basins…

Other bedrooms were also spacious which all lead onto another balcony (no view). The second bathroom was again terrific with a washing machine/ dyer attached.

Kitchen area would be great for a family looking for a weeks holiday, with all European appliances including dishwasher/ microwave/ and all the modern equipment one needs for self-catering.

Room Features – Terrific large plasma TV, air conditioning, internet access, and sun shutters. The furniture was also modern and fashionable.

The Resort has a lap pool and also a heated outdoor pool, children’s wading pool, secure parking in the basement, BBQ facilities but no restaurant. It is a two-minute walk to the beach.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple