“Fresh and light”
Review of Bustards Restaurant - CLOSED

Bustards Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Open for breakfast and all day till late! Local Australian seafood, Kangaroo and fresh salads!
Brisbane, Australia
“Fresh and light”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Dropped in for a light lunch. The sea food was cooked just right and the staff could not be more accommodating. Next time we're here, we will be eating there again.

Munich, Germany
“Delicious seafood and great hospitality”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We initially only went to Bustards, because it was the only place that was still open in Agnes Waters. Turns out Bustards offers great seafood (Mick, the owner, is also able to tell you where exactly it was caught) and Australian hospitality. We had a prawn salad (Mick even threw in some extra prawns) and the bug, which was really good. Mick suggested a delicious white wine and after dinner (most guests had left by then) he sat with us for a while for a little chat. If you like seafood, we would definitely recommend the place. Go with Mick's recommendations and at least from what we can tell, you cannot go wrong.

Melbourne, Australia
“Could be so much more”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

How dreadfully disappointing. Prime location, great ambience, dreadful customer service, poor food and drinks. This could be a gold mine with different people or a change in attitude from the current owners and staff.

Sydney, Australia
“Awesome seafood platter for two”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Got the seafood platter as did the previous reviewer and thought it was not only good value for money but was relieved it had NO FRIED food. enough food for two people and i am a BIG lady and can eat. The service was great. guys are very friendly. loved it so much we are sitting here now as I type getting breakfast before leaving town. HIGHLY RECOMMEND DINING HERE

1 Thank Shazz P
hervey bay
“What a stitch - money hungry!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I ordered the seafood platter for $80.00. I asked what was on the platter and the answer was "everything". Further explanation revealed seafood, rice and salad. I said I was not a big fan of rice and could we have chips instead, I was told the deep fryer was cleaned in the afternoon and fried food was not available for dinner service nor could I have fried rice instead of steamed!!

The seafood was pleasant (not brilliant) and the salad nicely dressed served with two mounds of rice at each end of the platter. However, the big let down was the quantity. The seafood consisted of: 2 very, very small bugs sliced vertically, 6 tiny shriveled scallops each about the size of a marble, 6 thin strips of calamari about 2-3 inches long, 1 small piece of fish to share and 6-8 tiny bay prawns just over 1 inch long. I buy seafood regularly and my guess is the cost would have been less than $10.

I can't remember walking away from a restaurant hungry (usually I say I have eaten too much). We went home and snacked on biscuits and cheese. Were not prepared to gamble on more food.

1 Thank ebonygirl