“Agree with other reviewers”
Review of Emerald Springs

Emerald Springs
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pine Creek
Emerald Springs
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pine Creek
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My partner and I were amongst a group of 30 people from Darwin and Katherine who had travelled to Emerald Springs for a social event last weekend. It was well placed, being roughly halfway between the towns. We had a formal dining evening and I was amazed at the effort the staff went to to prepare the tables - it would have done a wedding banquet proud. Our dinner was a flat rate price and consisted of four courses each introduced by the owner, Dallas, who was clearly proud of every one - and justifiably too.

Bear in mind, I am talking about a formal dining experience. I did however see some of the 'pub meals' and i would have been well satisfied with them as well, and I'm told the eggs Benedict for breakfast are excellent.

Accommodation was basic, clean and affordable at $65 for the two of us consisting of a double bed, en-suite and cupboard. I recommend you leave the cat at home as there was little room to swing it.

The roadhouse recently won 'Best Overall Regional Hotel', 'Best Casual/Family Dining' and 'Outstanding Hotel Community Service & Achievement' in the annual Northern Territory section of the Australian Hotel Awards announced in May 2013. Not a bad effort.

I've been in the NT for over forty years and my only observation would be that roadhouses as we once knew them are changing!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Allan M

Reviewed April 7, 2013

After spending a night out a Katherine Gorge my partner and I thought about spending an evening in Katherine itself... that idea disappeared pretty quickly for reasons that only people who have been to Katherine would understand. As we were having a little ‘driving weekend away’ we had no real plans or ideas on where to stay, eat, drink etc.

So we left Katherine and headed back towards Darwin and wanted to have a look at Pine Creek where we stumbled across the Emerald Springs Roadhouse and I’m glad we did !!
The entrance is pretty lack-lustre but after heading inside we were ushered around the side to the bar area and paid for our double room with ensuite for $65.

The bar is nicely set up and very country Australia & the pricing is great, has a nice big back balcony with a pool table and plenty of tables and space. We enjoyed dinner that night and I have to agree with the other reviewers here – it was brilliant ! I went with the Steak Sandwich and have to say it was better than anything I’d had in Darwin that’s for sure. The salt and pepper calamari was tasty also and the serving sizes are great and the prices are spot on. Try the Bruschetta as a starter and you will be impressed especially at only $6.
If I was driving down that way again I will certainly be popping in for lunch again – could not fault the food and need to pass Kudos to the chef.
Breakfast the next day was equally cheap, nicely prepared and tasty. The coffee was strong and like a coffee should so well done to female barista.

The room was basic ‘donga’ style accommodation with a bed, cupboard, wall mounted AC and a little ensuite. Room was clean, bed was comfy enough and the shower had good pressure and nice hot water. Nice and quiet being at the back of the property and we couldn’t hear any road noise.

Emerald Springs is a great little stop over / pit stop for anyone heading on the Stuart Highway and I would definitely recommend the place as a stop for lunch or even spending the night in basic cheap accommodation.

Well done!

Room Tip: Try the Bruschetta for only $6 !
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HAR0
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I am amazed at how a Roadhouse can have a vibe, menu, food and service that makes capital city restaurants and cafes look pale in comparison.
Emerald Springs does this. And they were happy for us to eat (outside) with our dogs.
We had an assortment off the broad range of menu items and everything was top notch. Prices were good and verything was fresh and tasty - well worth the drive from Darwin or Katherine just to have lunch.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Restaurant? Hotel? All of the above. When you drive the long roads of the Northern Territory the roadhouses are your towns - the one stop shop for food, fuel and hospitality.
Emerald Springs has to be the best roadhouse in the NT - bar none. Great food, excellent hospitality and a fantastic environment that would not be out of place in any capital city.
Stop in - have lunch - its very worth it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank citiz3nkan3

Been to Emerald Springs? Share your experiences!