“A great place to stop for a feed”

Emerald Springs Roadhouse
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Pine Creek
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stopped here for Breakfast on a road trip to Katherine for Pennants Golf, with a bus load of hungry Golfers. I was really surprised at how this place has changed. The food was really good and quite large serves. Could really recommend this for a stop it is really worth the experience

1  Thank samesdifd

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were heading from katherine Gorge to Darwin with very few possibilities for lunch. Fortunately we read a favorable review in The Lonely Planet and decided to take a chance on the Emerald Springs Roadhouse. We assumed that it would have a pretty standard truck stop menu, but while there are trucks parked outside, there are some real finds here.
I ordered the Chicken Caesar salad and think it is one of the best I have eaten. My husband ordered the cold meat platter and was equally pleased.
We sat on the deck and enjoyed views of a beautiful tropical garden - a true oasis.
I can thoroughly recommend this restaurant to anyone passing through this area.

2  Thank kristinemart
Reviewed May 10, 2014

First visited this restaurant/cafe on a singing trip to Adelaide River and Pine Creek last year. I watched my fellow choristers tucking into some very delicious looking breakfasts en route to Pine Creek and wished I hadn't already eaten my modest muesli and yoghurt and resolved to come here again with an appetite.

On a whim we drove to Emerald Springs from Darwin one Sunday morning for breakfast. I had obviously got my distances and times a bit out - it wasn't just past Adelaide River but really just outside Pine Creek. But what the heck - it was a nice drive, and an excellent breakfast - Spanish spicy omelette and eggs benedict for him, pot of leaf tea and steaming mug of real coffee. All served with smiles and amazement we'd come so far. The back deck is a pleasant, spacious, shaded and breezy eating area overlooking the bush. You forget the traffic roaring past at the front. Accommodation is available, with aircon. Defunitely worth a stop if you are heading that way along the Stuart Highway.

2  Thank AnnWebb2014
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Had heard about food here so decided to stop in for a late breakfast.
Food was freshly served and was delicious. Coffee average
We enjoyed the back verandah section, lovely and open . Pool table and even a game of quoits and other kids games. Atmosphere. ++
Very enjoyable for a break in travelling and kid friendly..that's always a plus in our book!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had a breakfast that was certainly above average for this part of the country, but nothing special. However, it was reasonably priced, the roadhouse has a nice indoor section and a good outdoor deck and the staff are great. The best roadhouse I've seen for a while.