“Roadhouse break.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Emerald Springs Roadhouse
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Pine Creek
Cuisines: Bar, Australian, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
“Roadhouse break.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

What a great place to stop for a coffee!! We ended up having an early lunch because of the food offered on the menu at a very reasonable price. A very relaxing atmosphere both indoor and out on the verandah with huge ceiling fans,outdoor lounges and table settings. Toilet facilities very clean with a lovely touch of a fresh flower on each handbasin. Not a place to just drive by!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Narell211

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best rest stop between Darwin & Katherine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Great food and coffee or a cold beverage. It is such a relaxing atmosphere and the staff are great. They also have some great entertainment organised for weekends. My husband and I now stop there each and every trip we do past there. Take away coffees etc are also available but why not stop and relax for half an hour or so!

1 Thank Debby S
Australia
“Best roadhouse restaurant for 1,000's of kms!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

About 10 years ago I dropped in here. If I remember correctly the options were basically a bag of chips and a beer! Since then I have driven past perhaps 50 times over the years and never felt the urge to revisit. That was until quite by accident I came across these glowing reviews on Trip Advisor. I couldn't believe it and so decided to check it out for myself.
It still looks the same from the outside and isn't very inviting but do your self a favour and push those doors open and enter another world!
A world of great food, excellent value, massive servings and friendly staff. A place that is clean and has great toilets. I mean for goodness sake - the male toilets even have fresh flowers in there!
The huge deck is a great place to unwind from driving long kms and the cane sofa chairs were fantastic. If we did not have three kids with us I am sure we would have stuck around for hours!
My steak sandwich was the best I have ever had. I ordered it with the lot and that is what it came with! Everything! Even beetroot - yummo! The thing was cut in half and was so big that each half had it's own egg! Came with great chips and I think it was about $14. Amazing value for any part of Australia.
The coffee was quite decent and my kids had a delicious round of toasted sandwiches with generous servings of ham and cheese.
Before we used to always stop in Katherine for a break but from now on we will push on a little further to the best roadhouse around - Emerald Springs!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MeMock
Darwin, Australia
“A must stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We always make this a stop between Darwin and Katherine. Great coffee, service and food. Menu is normal road house standard, but food standard the highest I have had between Darwin and Alice Springs. Excellent value for money and eating on the deck under the fans is a very relaxing. Always difficult to leave and continue the journey.

3 Thank JonandTracyBaker
Darwin
“The best stop EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have stopped at emerald a lot of times and i have never had a bad meal, thay open at 530 am and close at 11 for meals but if Dallas is on he will make u something at anytime.

AAAAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++++++