“Best Accommodation just outside Litchfield National Park” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Litchfield Safari Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Batchelor
Litchfield Safari Camp
Sydney, Australia
“Best Accommodation just outside Litchfield National Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed in the Tents with ensuite and were pleasantly surprised by the comfort. Whilst there are some accommodation options closer to Batchelor, I am pleased we stayed at the Litchfield Safari Camp as it is very close to a number of the must see areas in Litchfield including Wangi Falls and the Cascades. The Batchelor accommodation is a long way from the major attractions.
Good food available for purchase at Litchfield Safari Camp-great burger for dinner and substantial cooked breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Canberra
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

This campsite had everything I disliked about the territory, poor amenities, bad food, suspicious locals and no rubbish collection.

The reception and 'shop' are in shipping containers and we listened to he dulcet tones of a generator all night. My partner felt like people were looking at him weird and the bathrooms were run down, dirty and full of mosquitoes.

Skip it, the national park's free campsites looked far more enticing.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Batchelor hotels

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

This park is the 'best of both worlds' between bush camping and a 'Big 4' style caravan park. The sites are spacious and shaded, amenities are basic but great to have. Yes there are a few piles of junk around the place and the management is sited in some fairly improvised-looking shipping containers but I found all this quirky.

Obviously the park's main selling point is its proximity to many of Litchfield's better beauty spots - Wangi Falls & the fabulous Cascades walk are within a few minutes' drive.

This is the place for the self-sufficient camper/caravanner, I'd be more hesitant to recommend for high-maintenance types or anyone outraged by the idea of insects in a tropical wetland conservation area.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Lovely idea, safari style tents for accommodation for whilst visiting Litchfield National Park, however things were lacking. Facilities were very basic which is fine - after all it is safari style camping, but it really was not very clean. As noted by previous reviewer, the office and "shop" are in old shipping containers, which is a practical option for the location. Yes the pool is essentially an oversized bath - but we saw a number of kids swimming in it and having a ball - appreciative of any where cool to swim. Our BBQ was dirty, but we were grateful to have one provided as it enabled us to cook our own breakfast with supplies bought from their shop. A bar fridge, coffee & tea and cutlery and crockery were provided though could have been cleaner. Would I stay here again - yes quite probably - because Litchfield is beautiful and this is a convenient location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New South Wales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

This park is very basic. The office and "shop" are in containers, the pool is essentially an oversized bath, the BBQ area was dirty. The amenities block is very basic and got very dirty and there were not enough showers or toilets which meant a constant queue. Power is supplied by generator which goes all night and we unwittingly camped right next to it which didn't enhance our experience. Service was pretty ordinary - perhaps they were jaded from all the tourists?

On the good side - it is close to the beautiful Wangi Falls. The sites were shady and it worked well to stay there then work our way back out of Litchfield Park stopping at all the attractions and then staying another night at the other end.

Room Tip: Ask to be positioned away from the generator
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mackay, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Able to see your surage after flushing!
Facilities unclean and price to high for quality of camping!

• Stayed July 2012
Phetchaburi, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Let me start with my issues.
I booked online a Safari Tent for 3 people with a Queen bed and a single bed. What I ended up with was a Safari Tent with bunk beds and a pile of attitude from the manager.
There was no notification before hand that I could not get my chosen accomodation.
There was no notification as I checked in that I could not get my chosen accomodation.
I had to find out myself.
I went back to the reception and suggested that maybe there had been a mistake. I was told that "someone had made a stuff up". But it was me who paid the price of this stuff up.
The Safari tents were all full on the first night. What galled me was that on my second night there were vacancies and I could have been moved into the style of accomodation that I had paid for. But that was not to be.
I had to like it or lump it.
Other things, the BBQ alloted to my accomodation was filthy, the zips on the insect proof doors were broken and allowed insects in. There were lots of mosquitos around,which made their way inside the tent. The onsite accomodation had a general air of decay.
Also the other nearby accomodation is currently shut and so this is the only option at this end of the park.
On the plus side, the Camp is located very close to some of the best waterfalls and swimming holes in the park.
It was expensive for what I got. As others have said, bring your own tent and you will be much better off.

Room Tip: Ring and question very carefully what your accomodation is. The brochures and web site are cleverly...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple