“Didn't stay here... but have eaten here a lot” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Seahorse Inn

The Seahorse Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Eden
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Didn't stay here... but have eaten here a lot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

The Seahorse Inn is practically my local when I am home (which is not as often as I would like) I take the dogs for a long off leash walk on the usually very quiet, almost deserted, Boydtown Beach and then I stop off for the best coffee in the area at the Inn.

They even bring the coffee outside to the tables near the beach along with a water dish for my dog :)

The food here is also very good, I hosted my father's 60th B'day here with the extended family and often take visiting friends here for dinner. I particularly recommend their Oyster kilpatrick which is amazing. I could eat 2 dozen just by myself.

I've never stayed here or seen the rooms but it is the best food and coffee you can get in Eden and is suprisingly decent value for money compared to other places in town.

In my experience they do prefer reservations though especially for the restaurant rather than the bistro.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

The Seahorse Inn was a lovely surprise - the building is unique, and directly on the water at Boydtown NSW, which is approximately 7km from the township of Eden NSW. I was initially a little worried about being so far out of town, but I needn't have been as the Seahorse has a great bistro with good quality food (wine list just OK, but very inexpensive) and also a very nicely presented restaurant (although we didn't dine there, so I can't comment on the food!). In the cooler months of the year, it would be no trouble to turn up without a booking. I'd definitely recommend eating at the Seahorse, as the offerings in Eden itself are very slim.

The room we had faced the front garden. It was a beautiful view, but next time I'd pony up for one of the bay view rooms because it was very beautiful at sunset. Carpet and furnishings in our room were near new. The bathroom was very tastefully fitted out, although, because this is clearly a conversion of an historic building, there are some issues with leaks! The people downstairs apparently got some drips when we had showers in the morning. Maybe ask for a room upstairs!

One last warning - the ideal location on the bay would suggest to me that in the warmer months especially this place is booked solid with weddings - I might think twice about staying here on a Saturday night during spring or summer due to noise of wedding guests.

Room Tip: Spend the extra for a bay view room - upstairs!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

I dont normally contribute to such forums ,but I must share with you all our delightfull stay at the Seahorse Inn Boydtown Eden.

This bussiness is a credit to its owners and management .
Tastefully renovated period property with the best rooms i have stayed in for a long time and I travel a lot.
A professional run show from Reception check In to Dinner to Breakfast was simply perfect and nothing but excellent.
Friendly staff and management which is rare to find these days.
Great food and good local wines that you wont buy in a supermarket for the manager said that the establishment buys most of its wines directly from the wineries .
Breakfast served on the verandah outside the Fine dinning restaurant was a real treat .
real coffee an an amazing fresh fruit starter followed but a truly lovely cooked breakfast .

We will be back again and again thank you

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tokyojo777
melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

We have previously stayed a week here and loved it. However this time the food was over 3 hours for simple meals and was awful. The service was really poor. We had expensive wines not ordered or delivered added to the bill and items taken from the mini bar by the cleaners both which we had to pay for. It was so sad as the inn is beautiful and our previous stay had been very diffrent.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank love_holidays42
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2011

We had a really lovely time at the Seahorse Inn, January 2011. I traveled there with my parents and sister, and it was just beautiful. The building is gorgeous, and the rooms are very well maintained. All the staff were lovely. We had a lovely spacious suite with a great view of the beach, which is only about 50m away. The beach is beautiful, long, and peaceful, not crowded. We had plenty of time to relax, unwind, rest and just enjoy our time together, and in this wonderful place. The food in the restaurant was also really lovely, and the cooked breakfast included in our stay was also a lovely bonus that we hadn't expected. Boydtown is not far from the town of Eden, close enough to shops and basics, and yet far enough away to feel like you're in another (very beautiful) world...I would highly recommend this lovely Inn to anyone who wants to get away - get some time out, peace, and just be able to relax and enjoy how beautiful the world is. I'll definitely be back, hopefully many times.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

We had dinner in the bistro section of the Seahorse Inn while staying with friends in Eden and were very happy with all our meals. Meals are reasonably priced - entrees $14, mains $18 to ~ $30 and desserts $9.50. We had the "three dips" entree - the three dips were pureed capsicum with chilli, yoghurt and chives and kumera with cummin, all of which were very tasty. In our party we had three different mains - T-Bone steak, Jamaican prawns and chicken schnitzel. All were cooked to perfection (the T-Bone, which was ordered well done, was cooked through without the surface being charred) and the serving of prawns in the Jamaican prawns was very generous. The mashed potato with the T-Bone was very creamy, with lots of mushrooms in the accompanying mushroom sauce..

The kitchen in the bistro is located behind the order counter, so you can see the chefs cooking your meal. On the evening we were there the bistro was well patronised so, if attending during school holidays, would suggest reserving a table just in case.

We would definitely recommend the Seahorse Inn bistro for meals.

TC

Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

The seahorse inn was a real surprise! Beautiful hotel newly renovated in the last few years, right on the beach. Great spot but a bit out of eden so you need to drive into town. The food in the bistro area was good and the breakfast in the restaurant was excellent. The service at reception was not great but you are on a small town. Overall I would return next time im in the area

• Stayed January 2011