“Best place to stay- great views!”

Eagle Heights Holiday Units
Ranked #5 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Eden
Launceston, Australia
“Best place to stay- great views!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We had two very comfortable nights in a unit with a jaw dropping view- they all had fabulous views of the ocean and bay.
Units were spacious, well designed and fully equipped. Surrounds were quiet, and we will return for a longer stay ones day.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank TwofromtheNorth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed for one night, and will be back to Eagle Heights but will only stay in Unit 7.

Agree with all the other positive reviews. It is an amazing view - if you are traveling the coastal route through the sapphire coast, be sure to allocate more days to your stay in Eden. It is a quieter town and can be used as a base to visit other locales.

The apartment in unit 7 faces directly east. Short of witnessing a sunrise while you're on a plane at 50,000ft in the air, the sunrise as observed on unit 7 was amazing. The stars were out in shear numbers, and the dense arm of the milky way was faintly observable. We were also mesmerised observing a lightening storm out in the ocean at night.

The unit is showing its age with doors losing its handle, holes in the flywire and paintwork, but these are easy fixes and nothing to deter a future visit. Rani the resident dog is super friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sydney Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed in Unit 6 on the cliff face, but we won’t come back to this place again as there must be better places in the region to stay.

What we liked:
* The bed was really good
* The linen was really good
* Good size flat screen TV

What we didn’t like:
* Towels were a bit hard
* The fridge door wouldn’t close without a good shove (twice in our stay we got caught and had to wipe up the water drops inside the fridge!)
* No real outdoor furniture for this unit, just a timber two-seat and table attached to each other and the table had a fire burn on it, so we couldn’t use it. It needs replacing.
* The 2 BBQ’s were rusty and dirty. One was cleaned on the last day we stayed, but that was too late for us to use it. The outdoor furniture at the BBQ area was not clean and had leaves, etc on the tables and chairs and we couldn’t use these.
* The garden needs some serious attention. So many weeds and it is reaaly overgrown with these weeds. Not a pleasant sight to look at from inside unit 6.
* The bathroom/laundry and toilet have been renovated, but there is about a 1 inch (3cm) difference in the floor height from the new tiles to the carpet. We walked in the back door (which is the bathroom/laundry combined door) and I stumbled on height difference when walking in whilst carrying some bags. And then we both kicked out toes going into the bathroom on more than one occasion so we became very conscious of this difference. In reality for an elderly person this could be a bad trip hazard and I if one falls they would get hurt. This is an unusually high difference and if thought had been given to this edge, it could have been made into a graduated fall instead of a bad trip hazard.
* The worst though was the NOISE from the people staying upstairs in Unit 7. Every movement, at any hour day or night was heard. We didn’t enjoy this!

Summary:
Whilst the bed was good, I don’t think the minuses make up for staying in this place.

The Managers were good and bad. The male was excellent on check in, but the lady when we checked out came down from upstairs and we were an obvious intrusion to what she was doing. No smile, not interest, no thank you …. so after the first sentence and just a stare from this lady, we simply left without giving our total opinion of the place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LisaNimmo, Manager at Eagle Heights Holiday Units, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
I do feel sorry that you felt as though the gardens needed some work. The grounds are huge and we do work on different parts of these grounds every day.

Unit 6 is so close to the cliff face that a 4-seater setting does not fit on the small landing.

There is not much we can do about the bathroom step.

Finally, I am really glad Dan was nice on check in. I try and be equally nice on checkout. As a general rule I like to think that I succeed.

In my defense, Dan and I live and work at Eagle Heights (24/7). Our kids are6 and 4 and mornings can get a little interesting. On the day that you were checking out one of the kids may have been naughty or have been late for the school bus, or could have just fallen out of bed when you were checking out. It may have been for any one of these reasons that I might have seemed distracted and I do apologize.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 1, 2013

So often you arrive at a property to find things are not what the website advertisment showed the travel agent promised or the description overstated this is not the case for eagle heigths . The veiw was fantastic (even without any whales) the service friendly the pool and gardens well presented the rooms while having a few minor issues where comfortable and the property made a perfect base for exploring the beautiful south coast and its many attractions

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jamh99
Singapore
Reviewed November 25, 2012

It is almost a sin to only spend 1 night here if you're driving on the coastal route, which was what we did on our Sydney to Melbourne drive. My friends and I were in unit 6, which is just below unit 7 and also overlooking the bay. The view is as advertised in the website, if not even more astounding! Rani, the owners' pet dog, will even come by to your unit to sniff around and give you a warm welcome. (FYI her tail packs quite a swing!)

The kitchen and rooms were very well equiped. Cooked a wonderful spread for dinner and breakfast with everything bought from the Coles supermarket, which was just a 3-minute drive away.

Felt a little disappointed that we were only going to spend the night and had to leave the next day because that meant we would miss out on the chance to go whale-watching. Lo and behold, 2 whales were playing in the bay the following morning and we even managed to see one do a backflip! The ladies staying in unit 7 can vouch for that too.

All in all, simply magnificient. Couldn't ask for more! Well, except if I can extend my holidays and stay longer!

Room Tip: Unit 6 and Unit 7. It's actually a 2-storey house that's been split into 2 separate units, b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kento1985
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Sadly, I only spent one night at these magnificently located units; on our way to a Whale watching cruise the next morning.

But within 5 minutes of arrival, and looking out from our veranda, there were breaches in sight off the bay, truly magical.

Other reviews include fuller details of the facilities, with which I would agree, it really is a super place where I could spend many happy days relaxing. Will be back when we next visit Australia.

Oh, and I must add that the inside of the cabin matched the outward views !! Real well appointed and equipped, a great credit to the owners who I trust will be there when we return.

Room Tip: Because of the hillside on which the cabins are located, all have excellent seaward views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
manchester
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was the location I was most looking forward to on our honeymoon and it didn't disappoint. When we got there Lisa was very friendly and booked us in straight away, it was there I also met Rani the dog. I was told by Lisa that whales were in the bay and that was the reason I was excited about this place. I ran down to the viewing point and straight away there were whales...awesome sight. After the initial excitement I went into the unit and it was massive. The bedroom alone was bigger than the whole room we stayed in Sydney. Very clean, self catering and a swimming pool. Just a shame the weather wasn't as warm as I had hoped for as I would have done some sunbathing. Eden itself was also very nice and I would recommend the whale watching trip on the Cat Belou (this is something that Dan & Lisa can arrange for you). We saw loads of marine life including whales, dolphins and seals). Overall a great experience and I would recommend to anyone. Because these are non serviced apartments they aren't cleaned so you do need to set expectations.

Room Tip: Pay that little extra for the panoramic room as it's a great view and when it's breeding sea...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple