“An entertaining evening”

Restaurant Mystique
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We visited Mystique on Valentines night when they were offering a set menu of 3 courses and a glass of fizz for $50, which is very reasonable.
The food was of a good standard with a varied menu and some creative dishes that made the most of local ingredients.
The restaurant was very busy as it was Valentines night and as a result the service was a little hectic at times, but it was quick and friendly. I got the impression that they were under a bit more pressure than usual due to the large number of diners eating at the same time, which may have explained the slightly more rushed service. That said they were cheerful and friendly throughout.
They had a live musician on the night, who was good, but only played a few songs in the 2 hours that we were there, which left the room lacking background atmosphere in the long breaks between bursts.

Overall Mystique was a good place to eat and we enjoyed our food, but I have a feeling that on a normal evening when the staff were not so rushed it would be excellent.

1  Thank bwrb30

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

This was such a lovely find during our trip, having spent days eating fish and chips and good old fashioned pub grub along the coastline we were very surprised to stumble upon Mystique which proved to be a fine dining experience at a very reasonable price.
The owners were the front of house staff and they do an excellent job of making you feel welcome. They maybe aren't as 'refined' in their service style as other front of house staff at a fine dining venue, however I personally would rather have somebody serving me that is passionate with a genuine interest in ensuring that you are having a great evening that an over informed waiter telling me the history of the salt on the table.

My partner and I agree that the food was on par with Rick Steins restaurant (which we visited three nights ago) at Bannisters and cost a lot less; however you dont get the view that you get at Bannisters.
It was a great evening with great food!

2  Thank Tracyanddonald
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Lovely meal beautifully presented. Seafood Paella was very tasty. Eye fillet steak slightly overcooked but vegetables cooked to perfection so overall whole meal Very enjoyable. Affogatto dessert - ice cream with espresso and Kalua a favourite. Good selection of wines - Garfish Shiraz very smooth. Hosts very friendly and professional.

1  Thank Paulineeh1
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was not sure what to expect when we went to the motel restaurant, but what a surprise! The food was great, service friendly but professional on a very busy night, wine list comprehensive.
The prices were modest compared to the quality of the food. This is by far the best restaurant in Eden & I would recommend to anyone who enjoys good quality Restaurant food.

2  Thank MSKahoona
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Mystique has an English salon feel. The menu is first class and we would have been happy to order any of the items. I had the very large and tasty seafood paella and she had a generous serving of pork belly with caremalized sauce. Maybe they could invest more in the table and glassware, but that's just a quibble.

1  Thank PSGuy66