“Just a gem!”

Twofold Bay Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Eden
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Very pleasantly surprised at this motel. I was somewhat concerned when I arrived to see it was located in the main shopping area, concerned that noise from the hotels and clubs may be an issue but I was very wrong! The room was very spacious, quiet and so clean! I highly recommend this motel and wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Walesy56

Reviewed November 13, 2011

This is a great place to stay it is just out of the Eden City Centre and opposite the Fisherman's Club a great place for meals.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the rear and upstairs to get a view of the ocean
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2011

This venue was booked online and we worried given our previous poor result but no!!!! everything was great, space, facilities, comfort....everything actually advertised...how refreshing...we really enjoyed our time here...maybe because of the Kiwi hosts....

Room Tip: first floor apartments best, at end of property that look over bay...in Oct/ Nov you can see whales...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I had already stayed at many motels on my trip down to the Great Ocean Rd. from Brisbane. Proprietor helpful with info. of the area and good food. Parked outside room which was handy. small table/chairs outside room with view of the water - very nice. The room was clean and quite nice. Airconditioning. Flat screen TV. Pretty much similar quality to most other 3-1/2 star motels stayed. I think it was pricey at $120 p.n.. Stayed early Sept. so not high season. Ordered Chinese takeaway from small restaurant next door which I enjoyed as an option. Also had fish & chips from wharf area - OK for lunch. Good for a short stopover.

Room Tip: I had ground floor room but 1st floor would have better view if you want to lug luggage up. Parking...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank gingerspice55
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Probably a 3.5 rather than a 4 rating. This motel was excellent in all respects, except that the shower is a low pressure water saver and you have to run about to get wet. Obviously installed as an environmental measure, but I like a long hot shower when on the road.
So apart from the shower the place was great, great view over Twofold Bay, whale spotting from the balcony (I swear I saw one) free internet, large comfy room, king bed, big TV and a really good country style room service breakfast. Close to all things in Eden, the wharf, Twofold Bay and good cheap food at the pub and RSL club.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Aussiguys
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I arrived on the V/Line bus from Bairnsdale and walked to the motel. The lady at the reception had my booking and my room was ready. It was mid afternoon. Like others reviewing the motel, I found the room excellent and spottlessly clean. I had an upstairs room with a slightly obscured (by trees) of the sea. It was beautiful in the morning. I left early because I was catching the Countrylink bus to Canberra. The Countrylink bus stop is close to the motel but the V/Line stop is about five minutes walk. The Twofold Bay Motor Inn is the most expensive in town ($130 for the night) but its location suited me. On the way out in the morning, I noticed other motels were very quiet and were advertising good rates (e.g. $69 double).

Room Tip: Ask for one that has a view of the bay not obscured by the trees in the property next door.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed here on our way back down to melbourne. It was simply an overnight stop. Whilst many of the country hotels can be tired and dull this is clean and crisp! Unlimited wifi is provided at a cost of $5! It is perfectly located in town walking distance to a number of eateries - we can reccomend the pizza next door.

• Stayed: September 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eden
The Seahorse Inn
Heritage House Motel & Units
Coachman's Rest Motor Inn
2 mi away
Discovery Parks – Eden

Been to Twofold Bay Motor Inn? Share your experiences!