“happy stay”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cootamundra
Warrnambool, Australia
“happy stay”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

clean ,comfortable and very friendly management.Very quiet, no traffic noise. when ever we needed help with directions or places to see or dine at Jane and Graeme were more than happy to provide friendly advice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cronulla, Australia
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Rumor has is The Don was born in room #9! And why not? The room and all of the hotel facilities were well suited for our sporting team who came to compete against Cootamundra's finest.
Country hospitality from the staff good food & beer in all around!

• Stayed July 2013
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed in a Deluxe Queen room.Found the room and bathroom clean,the bed comfortable,and the added bonus of a mini bar and microwave[not always found in a reasonably priced motel].The cooked breakfast was good value,and the staff were very pleasant.Motel is close to town and quiet.We would stay again!.Seniors rates 10%discount.

Room Tip: Try room 12[or ask if room has a newer air conditioner] All are gradually being upgraded however,and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nanabronwyn
Melbourne
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I enjoyed a dip in the pool - I had it to myself.
The room was your average motel room, not quite as spacious as some.
I went to use the internet then realised I hadn't been given the password. I phoned the office but there was no answer. A mobile number was given but I didn't think internet use was such an emergency. However, this and other motels/hotels ought to give the internet/wi-fi password automatically as you check in.
My stay here was OK but not so great that I wouldn't try one of the other motels in the town - there are a few - if I visited again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MobileEm
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

For $95 we didn't expect a 4 star experience but we had booked a 'deluxe queen with sofabed'. Checking in was easy and the owners friendly enough but when we tried to open the door of our allocated room, the door refused to budge and the doormat needed a good clean. My husband had to seek the assistance of the owner to show us how to open the door which had a problem with the lock. Once inside, we realised the room was quite dark and in need of renovation. However, we were only there for one night and found the bed reasonably comfortable but the overall run-down feel of the room was disappointing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

well based on the reviews I booked here, staff were pleasant enough but on inspection of the room found the queen bed to be substandard and one of the worst quality beds ive ever had the misfortune to experience (worst was hong kong) these days, there is no need to have beds of this cheap quality... lying on it you could feel the metal sprung frame pushing through to your back. very uncomfortable and so i slept on the single bed but wasnt much better. went to the bathroom and there were long brown hairs on the basin and surround.. not a great look. they also didnt promote breakfast although they did serve it but didnt mention the order had to be placed by 8pm the night before so I missed out there. overall not a great experience and lots of room for improvement and please guys get better mattresses the current ones are a shocker.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank David W
soulsbys, Owner at Cootamundra Gardens Motel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
I sincerely apologise for your less the ideal experience. I have already addressed the bathroom issue with our housekeepers and will certainly be looking into the standard of our mattresses.
I believe that it's very normal for breakfast orders to be placed the night before and breakfast menus are all the rooms and it does state on the menu that it needs to be ordered by 8pm the night before. If guests arn't sure they would generally enquire.
I do take on board what you are saying but I only wish you could have let us know at the time so I could have moved you to a different room.
I thank you for bringing these issues to our attention as we can not address them if we are unaware of them
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The room looked a little tired, but I believe renovations are a work in progress. The bathroom lacked space to place toiletries, etc near the sink, but these are only minor gripes. Breakfast was good and on time. Free wifi was a real bonus and it was easy to connect my devices. Worked well most of the time, but would occasionally drop out which got a bit frustrating.
Overall it was a very pleasant stay and the owners were a delight to deal with and very helpful with local advice. I would certainly stay there again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo