“Quiet place to stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Carter Lake
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights during a business trip. I requested the top floor so I could have the quietest room, which was great. The first room they put me in had a non-working TV, so I moved to another room. From now on, before unpacking, I will make sure everything works first. Continental breakfast has 3 juices, 3 cereals, yogurt, waffles, pastries, and bagels/bread, plus some fresh fruit (apples, oranges). I did not eat pastries because the serving tongs were resting around the handle where people's hands lift the shield - unsanitary! The indoor pool is large but it seems unheated . Nice hot tub. I thought it was unusual to have different rates for different nights since I was staying for almost a week.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had an early flight our and chose this hotel for its extremely early breakfast. It did not disappoint. The staff was friendly on check-in and I was so pleased to see the breakfast was ready and fully functioning even at the pre-dawn hours. I would easily stay here again and plan to on my next trip to Omaha. Oh, and it is the closest hotel to the airport.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Agreed, the location from off the highway is not worth the trip. If you're flying out of the airport or going to a concert it's worth the trip. Gentleman's club next door (so the sign said). Took the advise of the nice front desk clerk to order from Godfather's pizza. I should have just gone for the Subway at the gas station across the street. I'm don't care for that style of pizza. The nice desk clerk also put us in a room on the ground level near the side door for the dogs.

1  Thank Bolishous
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel was very nice but it is in the midle of no place and is in a tough looking area of town. The only place to eat nearby is a Subway and the last time we stayed here, my wife got sick on the food from there. The room way clean and the beds great. The only problem was the bath tub. It was so slick thatI had to hold onto the rail with one hand while washing with the other. The breakfast is the norm but a plus is that it starts at 4am so you can get an early start if you wish to do so. The hot tub could be warmer but the area was clean and the pool nice.

Room Tip: Eat your dinner before getting there.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VW1012
A TripAdvisor Member
Sioux Falls
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Always friendly,clean and easy to get to airport or downtown. Great to have complimentary breakfast start at 4:00 am when you have an early morning flight. Comfortable beds, quiet rooms and friendly service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Jamie S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Jan 2013 I decided to stay here one night to get a good nights sleep after flying in vary late. Then I would head off to my parents house. Did I sleep tight? Only because I wore ear plugs, laid out towels to protect me from the suspicious bed sheets, and washed in the bathtub as the sink plugged up after 5 seconds of water running. The tv was boxy and old, the carpet suspect, the lamp next to my bed was burned out and the quiet room I requested was not honored. They put me in the closest room to the elevator! Love that attention to detail... Not really. So i paid $100 a night, the best thing was the breakfast, which was worth about 10 bucks. Nope, not going back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank meowlover

We apologize for the accomadation you had during your stay, and more attention should have been paid to your requests. We are in the progress of renovation now and hope to have everything up to par for our guests. I do hope you might give us another try in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carter Lake
Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Omaha
Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha Airport
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Omaha Airport, IA
Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown? Share your experiences!