“Nice Hotel, Nice location, watch your car though”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Carter Lake
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I agree with the other review about parking a car at this hotel. My rental car also had serious white water spots all over that would not just wash off. I had to pay to have the car professionally cleaned before I could return it to Hertz. It was a dark burgundy car and the spots showed in a big way. I complained to the staff and they basically ignored me without apology.
The room itself was nice and the bed was good. The rooms are large which is nice. It was a good room for the price and convenience by the airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Oronde D

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located for the airport. The staff was friendly and the rooms were very comfortable. The hotel is very pet-friendly, the rooms are large, and the bed was comfortable. The wireless internet was extremely slow. Parking? ...

... I drove for this trip and was very surprised when the lawn sprinkling system at the hotel stained my car. After running it through the car wash several times, the spots were still very visible. I alerted the front desk staff and both young ladies stated, "you are not the first to complain about this." It cost $155 to have the white stains removed from my car's black exterior. When I spoke with the Manager regarding this, she advised that I was the first person to ever complain about this. The two front desk employees were quick to advise otherwise. The management did not offer any type of excuse or even formal apology for the incident. I think they should post something to warn guests of this because each parking space, excluding the very back of the hotel which is against a wall, is subject to the sprinkler system. Upon check-out, yet another guest was complaining that there were "white spots" all over his cr that would not "wash off."

Other than this, the hotel is great. I just felt the manager should have offered something (a free night, reward points, or something) when I presented the receipt from the professional car wash that stated "severe water spot stains caused by sprinkler system." My car was less than a month old at that time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ScottHSH
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights while in the area on business. I flew in on a Tuesday evening, had business in Eastern Iowa for Wednesday then flew home again early Thursday AM.

I basically just slept and had a quick breakfast here the two nights/ mornings.

The room was clean and comfortable, the Wireless internet wasn't the fastest and for some reason blocked as "inappropriate" several websites that are in no way inappropriate. I guess they have an overly zealous nanny watching over the internet there in the heartland!

The breakfast was limited and carb-heavy, no fruit except a bowl of some old looking oranges. Cereal, danish or muffins and make-your -own waffles were the offerings.

All in all I've stayed in better places and far worse. For the money it was perfectly acceptable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
A La Quinta traveler
Leavenworth, Kansas, USA
Reviewed September 4, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 20, 2012

East Omaha which is part of the area where this La Quinta is located was a superfund site and that should give you an indication of what to expect from this hotel. In general it was not the worst one we have stayed in (that one was at the Detroit Airport) The lobby was updated and the breakfast room was clean. The room was pretty well the basic room from the 1980's with a few updates (the curved shower rod in the bathroom was the only thing different from thirty years ago I would presume) The carpets were not the cleanest, with stains and worn spots. The bedding was pilling and threadbare. I had to strip the beds to check for bedbugs...I was happy to find nothing. We were on a roadtrip and had driven from Ann Arbor Michigan so our fatigue level was high. Guess what? The trash dumpsters were right under our windows and pick-up was in the wee hours of the morning (the morning we were there!) I would strongly recommend asking for an updated room if there is a dire necessity to stay there (that is if they have updated rooms) and ask to be away from the back part of the hotel. We had a dog with us so we were given the worst room in the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the back part of the hotel, ask for an updated room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

We generally stay at this hotel when in the Omaha area on business. Convenient location with easy access to downtown Omaha and airport. Good rooms at a decent rates. However can get pricey during sporting events.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 30, 2012

People here are great! I had my little one's with us just asked for a one bed King figured they would just sleep with because it's not home. They gave us a King with a Soaf that pulled into a bed; So thankful Because they used it! Room is very well kept and comfortable. Bathroom is very nice and clean. In room comuter with a little kitchen! They let us have a little get together for My Daugther, we were able to have some friedns and family that live around town come. Had cupcakes and hotdogs we just used a crockpot for the hotdogs but they have a Grill that we could have used if I had seen it before I started. Later; I need to go get some thing for dinner didn't really know what was close the lady at the fron desk was so helpful they when I asked what was close by:she had flyers of some. Made it easy for my Daughter to pick what we were having chicken or Pizza. I will be staying here everytime I come to Town!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha Airport
Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown? Share your experiences!