La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Carter Lake
Reviewed July 30, 2012

People here are great! I had my little one's with us just asked for a one bed King figured they would just sleep with because it's not home. They gave us a King with a Soaf that pulled into a bed; So thankful Because they used it! Room is very well kept and comfortable. Bathroom is very nice and clean. In room comuter with a little kitchen! They let us have a little get together for My Daugther, we were able to have some friedns and family that live around town come. Had cupcakes and hotdogs we just used a crockpot for the hotdogs but they have a Grill that we could have used if I had seen it before I started. Later; I need to go get some thing for dinner didn't really know what was close the lady at the fron desk was so helpful they when I asked what was close by:she had flyers of some. Made it easy for my Daughter to pick what we were having chicken or Pizza. I will be staying here everytime I come to Town!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 4, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank J6327RWjamesn
Reviewed June 19, 2012

When I travel for business, I usually stay at higher end Hiltons, Marriotts, and Crowne Plazas. However, travel baseball brought us to the La Quinta here in Carter Lake for a tournament and the College World Series. The hotel is a former Wyndham and is very nicely appointed and has very comfortable rooms. But what sets this hotel apart is the customer service...from the manager to the front desk CSRs, to the maintenance personnel; it sets this hotel apart from the rest. The consistently went out of their way to accommodate their guests. Due to early baseball games etc...the altered their breakfast hours to ensure the adults and kids had plenty of time for breakfast before the early scheduled games. The hotel also ran a consistent and reliable shuttle from the hotel to the ballpark for guest attending the College World Series. This allowed us to not have to fight parking and the crowds and were able to fully enjoy the experience of the CWS. During our stay, we experience air conditioner problems with one of our rooms, the maintenance person immediately looked into our issue and quickly swapped ac units, all with a positive and helpful attitude.

If you are traveling to the Omaha area and need a convenient and fairly inexpensive hotel, I would seriously consider this hotel...give them a call for their group rates!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed one night and it was a bargain. Our flight arrived after midnight, I called the hotel and the free shuttle was there within 10 minutes. Comfortable large room with king bed. table-height fridge and small microwave included. Noticed that the Business suites were huge, double size rooms. Breakfast was available, free, but very limited choices,mostly high-carb.- 3 kinds of dry cereal, none very healthy, hard-boiled eggs, instant oatmeal. Lots of sweet rolls and a waffle maker available. We walked downtown -3 miles along a trail. Less distance to the ballpark. Nice to be able to do that. Not much else nearby. Apparently there is a shuttle downtown in the evening too.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
A La Quinta traveler
Prescott, Arizona, USA
Reviewed June 7, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2012

June 2, 5AM. I am up writing this review at 5:00AM having not slept at all at this dive. Smoke smell permeates the entire building. Not ideal but I can live with that. Room is ok and good sized but the carpet and the TV are from the 1960's I believe.

The worst part, the walls are paper thin. The "guests" in the room next to ours were up talking loudly until well past 4 AM. We could make out most every word of their conversation. Then...... When they decided to stop talking they also decided to leave the TV on at a high volume.

I will never stay at this facility again. Do yourself a favor. Go with the near by Holiday Inn express or the Country Inn and Suites. This place is a joke!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carter Lake
Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Omaha
Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha Airport
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Omaha Airport, IA
Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown? Share your experiences!