All reviewshot breakfastroom was cleanholiday inn expresssoy milkbed and pillowsbest westernsclose to downtownconvenience storegas stationgrab and goin great conditionlittle thingsold marketomaha airportcentury link centerhot tubwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel after my flight was canceled. It is in close proximity to the airport- less than 5 minutes but the website is deceiving. The Holiday Inn website says that the hotel was recently refurbished but it still feels very dated. It was clean but exterior doesn't look like the website. The shuttle is complimentary but is operated by Alamo and not the hotel. It was only available for pick up and drop offs to airport and stopped at neighboring hotels as well. It was $12 by taxi to downtown Omaha. Front desk staff were often not there and lobby seems cramped. The only thing in walking distance is a gas station and Subway restaurant across the street. I would only stay here if I needed to crash before an early morning flight. Hotel feels lika a motel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NJSunshine48
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed here one night. When we first entered the lobby area we noticed a smell that we could not identify but that was not pleasing. We eventually go used to it. The room was clean. The bath and shower seemed new and the spray from the shower was fantastic. It was one of the best showers I have seen in a hotel of this caliber. The service checking in was a little slow as there was only one person who was handling multiple people checking in and answering the telephone. We left early so only tried the continental breakfast, which began at 4:00 a.m. We were glad they did it so early because we needed to leave by 5:30 a.m. The continental breakfast was good. Our room was quiet and we slept well. We also used the free WiFi, which was nice ot have. The only down side was that there are not any good places to eat that are close to the hotel and we would have liked to have had a frig in the room. when we left they even gave us each a cold bottle of water for the trip

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Rooms are nice and clean. Complimentary breakfast and wi-fi. You can get bottled water by asking for it at the front desk. The hotel is close to the airport and uses Budget car rental shuttles for airport pickups. They will pick you up until 1AM. There is no day shuttle to go to the Omaha downtown.

There is a subway and a convenience store right across the street from the hotel. Dominos pizza will deliver to the hotel room until 1 AM.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sokaji
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Stayed here for the night before flying out of Eppley Airport the next morning. For the most part, I got everything I would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. The facilities still look really new and appear quite well maintained, and the staff was friendly. From the hotel, it is about a five minute drive to the airport up the same road. And if you have time to kill, downtown is pretty much five minutes the other way. (And due to Crater Lake, the hotel is actually in a small bit of Iowa that juts across the river and not actually in Omaha or even Nebraska).

The room was small, but on par with the chain. Though, this one didn't have the tiny refrigerator in my room, which I've come to expect. Otherwise, it was a decent room and I got a good night's sleep in it.

As in other HIEs there was the complimentary breakfast, which had pretty much the same thing you will find at any other hotel (including the pancake machine). Though, after breakfast hours, everything was close doff, while I have stayed at others that always would have fresh coffee and tea available.

Room Tip: The hotel is angled so the rooms really don't face the major street. So, should be good on any side. Though with nothing else around, and if you get to pick, decide if you want sunrise (front, odd number rooms) or sunset (back, even number rooms)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed May 4, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located very close to the Omaha Airport. Very clean and still looks brand new even though they have been open for 6 years. Stayed on a Tuesday night which was cool because they had a reception in the breakfast room with free wine, beer, cheese, snacks, etc. Staff was helpful and friendly. The shuttle driver/engineer guy was awesome and super nice! The shuttle will take you to downtown Omaha for dinner, drinks, sight seeing, etc.They will even take you to the airport if needed. The only downside to my stay is the spa was out of order. I was looking forward to relaxing in the spa, but the pool was heated to a pretty warm temp so that worked. I would definitely stay here again if I am in Omaha.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of downtown Omaha.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple