“We really enjoyed everything about this hotel...from the...”

Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Carter Lake
Reviewed August 11, 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Mark R, General Manager at Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is a great place to stay before flying out the next morning. I check into the hotel with no problems and the room is nice and comfy. I need a place to park my car while I'm on my trip, so during checkin, I get a paper packet for my car key and fill it out with flight times, etc.

The next morning after a Super 8 breakfast in the lobby -- food is good -- , a shuttle bus run takes me and other guests to the airport (every 15-20 minutes, beginning at 4 a.m.) So I leave my car key with the driver who drops me and my luggage at the airport. (Eventually he will pick up my car from the Super8 parking lot and move it to a fenced-in parking lot, complete with security cameras and 24-hr surveillance).

Last night at midnight, I returned from my trip and called Super 8 from the airport, who immediately called for the shuttle bus to pick me up to take me to my parked car. I really didn't have to call, however, because the shuttle bus was already outside the airport doors, collecting other Super8/Parking passengers. I joined them and was taken to my car right away. I paid my parking fee (inside parking), and headed home (in less than 25 minutes after picking up my luggage from baggage claim). Couldn't be any easier.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Mark R, General Manager at Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Valued customer

Thank you for your excellent comments about our staff and Hotel, we all work very hard to make every guest's stay the best it can possibly be.

Our shuttle service is also a great compliment to the services we provide and it always receives excellent feedback from anyone who cares to comment about the shuttle and parking service.

Once again thanks for your feedback and we look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Sincerely Mark.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We did our reservation for this hotel thru booking.com on July 14, 2014 for the night of July 25, 2014. Some how our reservation was not in the computer at the motel, the night clerk on duty at the time we got there to check in did everything he could to find it for us. The night clerk was Derick, he tried to contact the owners and also the previous clerk that he had relieved. Could not get in touch with any of them. At this point he then called Booking.com at their contact # to see if there was any help thru them. Derick was informed that all my credit card info was already removed from their system at this time. Derick then got all my information from me and got us the room that I had done the reservation for. This young man, Derick did a fantastic job, he told me that he was new on the job, but to me he did his job wonderfuly and in the best timely matter that he could. The room he gave us was very clean, lots of hot water, very good breakfast in the morning. There was 4 of us in the room; myself, wife, 2 granddaughters. Because of Derick We were still able to have a good nights sleep after 5 hrs on the road. Derick needs to be told by this company that he did a fantastic job for us. Thank You, Joseph Martin and Family.

Room Tip: Due to the Clerk Derick we would be willing to use this hotel again if we are in this area again.
2  Thank Joe M

Joe

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about our employees they all work very hard to make us the nicest economy hotel in the Downtown Omaha, Eppley Airport area. It's my expectation as the manager that all our desk clerks will do what ever is required to help our customers. I stress this fact any time we have a staff meeting.

I'm glad you had a wonderful time while in Omaha, the Zoo here is certainly a great experience and worth a trip to Omaha any time.

Once again thanks for your feedback and we look forward to serving you in the future, Mark.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

My children and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Overall, we had a nice time. It has an odd smell when you enter, but we bought some simple febreeze and it took care of it. The hotel is conveniently located just a few minutes from downtown Omaha, which was nice- it was close enough for us to go spend the day there, but far enough away that we were able to get away and get some quiet time.

This hotel is def. above average but maybe not what some would call "very good"- but I didn't feel "Average" was high enough.

I was slightly taken aback from the staff though- I am use to a little nicer group of people. When I checked in, we had a gentleman help us, he was by far, the nicest person on site. He was nice at check-in and also nice when we asked him for ideas for dinner. The ladies however are a different story- each of them acted put out, when I asked for change for the pop machine / questions about the area.

We did have one nice older housekeeper though. I do not really like that each time we stepped in the halls in the morning, each housekeeper asked if we were leaving- each time, I told them that we weren't and that we just needed towels....I know it's their job to clean rooms and I respect that, but I felt stalked each time I stepped in the halls in the AM. I did make sure to tip them each day, just for towels, but I wish I had a little less of them questioning me or the kids each time we stepped outside the room. We also did keep the Do Not Disturb sign on the doors, so they knew we didn't want them to clean, clean the room.

Breakfast area is super small and not much selection of food- however, the space isn't the hotels fault...I think they have about 15 chairs.

Not quite sure about the folks who hang out in the lake behind the hotel, they were often outside my window and it kinda freaked me out....but no one bothered us.

As far as the rooms, I wish they had fridges or microwaves, but I know not all hotels do. My only real complaint is that the shower curtains had better magnets, they did not work at all, so it was hard to have someone showering and someone else doing their hair in the bathroom, because the shower curtain would not stay.

The down button for volume didn't work on the remote, but again, more annoying than something to complain about.

The pool area was nice, a little slippery and maybe needs some paint, but the kids had a blast and the hot tub was perfect.

We def. would stay again-

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Mark R, General Manager at Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Valued Customer

I would like to thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel, my staff works very hard to make us the nicest hotel in the downtown Omaha Eppley Airport area.

Our desk clerks are trained to give a great attitude and welcoming smile and if you feel the girls were a little cold this will be discussed at our next meeting. This should never be the case.

Anytime you stay for a long period if you asked we do have suites with microwaves and refrigerators in them, they are also twice the size of a normal room. They only cost slightly more than a normal room and certainly a value for the costs.

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our Hotel and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely Mark.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Mark R, General Manager at Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Reviewed July 14, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Mark R, General Manager at Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carter Lake
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Omaha
Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown
Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Omaha Airport, IA
Quality Inn & Suites Council Bluffs
Quality Inn & Suites Council Blu...
#21 of 25 in Council Bluffs

Been to Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake? Share your experiences!