All reviewssecond floorgreat locationthe main streettim hortonsqueen bedour room had a great viewrecommend hotelclean roomseasy accessrue de lafront officesmall kitchenettenothing fancyoverlooking the bayhotel is locatedsit outsidesteep hill
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Day two of our "unresearched" trip. We arrvied in Gaspe.The drive to the city was long and made even longer by the road repairs and the wind turbines being transported to the area...lots of delays.Anyway we found another hotel,well motel that look great.And it was.Very basic no frills but extremely clean with a nice kitchette.
We were very close to down town and walked the main street, visited the lovely shops, stopped at Timmy's for a coffee and watched a concert on the lawn behind the shops...just lovely.We decided that with the kitchen we would pick up something for supper and breakfast and sort of stay in to eat.There was a nice well stock depanier just a short walk from the motel.And again the language barrier was managed.The guy here was a gem....really kind.
Now being in the heart of the city we did get transports coming and going but it wasnt very bad...but to my surprise the next morning (not sure what time...wasn't that early) we were treated to the bells from the cathedral....just lovely...
If ever we get back to Gaspe we would definitely stay here...

PS..the rooms also have computers in them for your use but they are all set up in french...we did get the access code to use our own but had to sit outside to get a signal...

Room Tip: can;t miss this place....bright blue roof can be seen from everywhere..
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kitten50
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at the Motel Plante and salmon fished in two fantastic rivers, the York and the Dartmouth. The motel is very centrally located and within walking distance to great restaurants.
The rooms are basic but spotless and feature a small kitchenette. The front desk staff were very helpful and efficient. The Gaspe region is beautiful but it is unfortunate that finding something to eat after 9:00 pm is almost impossible! The only pizza delivery place even closes at 9:00! This makes eating difficult when you don't get back from fishing until after dark.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the ocean or you may wind up with a view of the parking lot!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KDP_Hfx
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed at this motel over night while in Gaspe to correct exams for my local school board. The bilingual reception desk offered a quick check in and are very knowledgeable. The outside of this hotel leads on to believe that the rooms might be dated, but they are far from being old. The room I had (26) was nice and bright and all recently redone. It offered a nice kitchenette with all the utensils, pots, pans and dishes (this is one of their basic rooms $85 at the end of May). They do offer more upscale rooms and suites.

The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance of many stores and restaurants.

The beds were very comfortable and even though they were people staying in the two rooms beside me, I never heard any noise from either side.

There is a great view from the yard.

Given that I live not that far from Gaspe, I do not usually have the chance to spend the night, however, I now know where I will stay on any night that I find myself needing a room in Gaspe.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank PepsiCola5
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is a traditional style motel, totally kept up to date. Fortunately the rooms in the original were not small and the result is an attractive stay and quite up to any standards of the name brand 3-story hotels one sees by the hundreds on our continent (there are none in Gaspe). Motel Plante is on a hillside in the center of town. Breakfast is not included, but available within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the harbour which Cartier first visited in 1534
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ontarian59
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We arrived in town late and night and this motel offered us the best deal in town. Rooms are spacious, clean and warm and there is a convenience store within walking distance. I would definitely recommend the motel and it probably has some great views in the summer.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends