Hotel des Commandants
Hotel Plante(Gaspe)(Great Value!)
$70
$85
$66
Hotel-Motel Le Pharillon(Gaspe)(Great Value!)
$56
$49
$54
Priceline
All reviewsnice hotelroom was largeplace to stayexpress breakfastking bedthe wi fibeds were very comfortablelong driverecommend this hotelmain streetview of the bayglass of winenice viewfrenchpillowsquebecaccommodations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Location is superb. Cleanliness and condition of room were fine. Water temp and pressure fine. Air quality was great and AC is powerful. Beds were very comfortable. All service staff we encountered were friendly and professional and were happy to indulge us with whatever English they knew, and weren't critical of our very weak French. Even when we left 'do not disturb' on the door during the day they graciously left a bag with new towels and coffee which was a thoughtful touch.

One negative issue with Gaspe generally and this hotel specifically was food availability.
We were told that the pub was open and serving until 10:30 Sunday night. At 9:45 we went to the pub to order, and the very friendly and helpful barkeep took our order (for delivery to the room). At 10:00 he came to our room to apologize for the chef closing the kitchen and refusing our order (after he took it). There are no real options at that hour in Gaspe - it's McDonald's, Tim Horton, or the Couche-Tard gas station - that's really it.

I raised the issue with the manager the next morning. She did apologize and said (a) the kitchen is open to 10:30 so thank you for informing me, (b) regardless of cleanup or whatever the order should have been filled especially after being accepted by the bartender - we had only ordered nachos and wings. No further remedy was requested by me, but neither was it offered, just a shrug and a "sorry but there's nothing I can do to fix it now." which was too bad.

This was the only negative mark keeping the property from getting full marks for the money.

We found good food another night at the Cafe Artistes down the street - limited menu but great salads and coffee.

Room Tip: The water side rooms have a superb view of the water. The other rooms face the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank seanrigbybrown
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Walked in and got two rooms without hassle. Rooms looked recently updated to modern style. Little pricey compared to other hotels, but very nice place centrally located in town. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank tbweber
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Was "greeted" by a guy who clearly hated his job. Wasn't given any info about the facilities, just gave me a key and shooed me away. Beautiful room, comfortable bed but weird lighting. Wanted to watch a bit of tv before passing out but it didn't work, too tired anyway. I had a Keurig in my room but no coffee, was told I had to supply my own. The girl at the reception was no better than the guy the night before. Not worth the price, won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Good day,

we were in for one night in September and the experience was great. Just at the heart of Gaspé and overlooking the bay, we had a great room which was very clean. The front desk was very helpful and funny.

The restaurant' meals were very good; one hiccup is that they should remove the cod off the menu since there was none available since a few days. The lady who served us mentionned that there were no cod fishing at all in Gaspésie (!?!?!?). She is very wrong in fact. Apart from that we would have stayed longer had our schedule permitted.

All in all, a great location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was very cozy, great after a long day of driving.

The junior suite was very quiet and quite spacious, and what was neat what was the glass between the bathroom and bedroom. I'm guessing to watch tv while in the jacuzzi. We ordered in room service and the food was awesome and quick. Wifi was decent. If ever back in this area I will be returning to this hotel

• Stayed: September 2012