“Coasteering - 30 May 2014”

Lyndon Wake Surf School
Ranked #6 of 12 things to do in Croyde
More attraction details
Owner description: Lyndon Wake Surf School is a unique attraction, run by surfing professionals and located at Baggy Lodge on the scenic Baggy Point (North side of Croyde bay). Offering surf lessons, coasteering and surf hire, the school is becoming established as the place to be for all ages and abilities. Fun filled sessions, days and weeks can be spent here with a welcoming vibe.
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have been coasteering once before in North Devon and this was by far a superior experience. The coastline was incredible, especially as we were lucky with the weather, and the route through the rocks, pools and caves demonstrated the depth of Lyndon and Vicky's knowledge, which was reassuring. Much fun was had and I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Matthew L
lyndonwakesurfschool, Owner at Lyndon Wake Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2015

Hi matt,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a short review on your experience with Vicky and I. What a day that was great conditions and we are super stoked to hear you took as much enjoyment from it as we did.

Look forward to seeing you flying through the air water bound shortly!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I first visited Lyndon Wake surf school in April 2013 when I booked up some one to one surf lessons with Lyndon to try and push my surfing along. We had great conditions for two days and felt totally at ease and relaxed under Lyndon's tuition. I learnt some massively important skills such as proper duck diving techniques and positioning in the water all of which were explained simply and were easy to understand, and it was great to have someone there to show you how it's done too! I learnt more in two sessions than I would have in a year on my own and they were great fun as well!
I have also taken part in the coasteering sessions which are awesome! Fantastic leadership from the staff always felt comfortable with what we were doing and they made sure everyone had the best time.
Lyndon wake surf school is the perfect place to have surf lessons and coasteering with a massively high standard of coaching in a very friendly and approachable environment, and they're always on hand to offer any advice or help any way they can! Top guys!

1  Thank Sam S

Hi Sam,

Thank you very much for the review and it was a pleasure to see you once again last week.

So satisfying heading out there with you and seeing the huge improvements you have made in your surfing over a short period. Gone from mastering paddling techniques to pulling into barrels and learning advanced manoeuvres.

See you again on the next swell

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Having been coasteering a few times at different spots around North Devon, I can safely say that this experience around Baggy Point with Lyndon was the best I have done by far. Incredible scenery, and a brilliant combination of scrambling, swimming, caves and jumps. Lyndon was a fantastic guide, with a great knowledge of the area and route (knowing when certain areas could be explored based on tide height/swell etc) and also a brilliant manner with all of the guests on the trip. He was also ably supported by Vicky who was equally affable. For anyone wanting to try coasteering or a brilliant alternative to surfing I couldn't recommend Lyndon more.

1  Thank James B

Hi James,

Thank you very much for the review. It means a lot to us especially from someone such as yourself who has coasteered in numerous different locations and with several different operators.

To be put above them truly respects our efforts of trying to ensure that we show off the best route with top quality instruction.

Hope all is well at your end

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Lyndon and Garren provided a really enjoyable morning Coasteering at Ilfracoombe for me, my son and daughter. My son, Sean, has Down Syndrome and is 16 years old. Lyndon was exceptionally good in supporting Sean in climbing rocks and on jumps. He was patience and encouraging throughout and made sure we all had an enjoyable trip. He is always calm, was very knowledgeable about the coastline and tide which fills you with confidence. Thanks for a great morning, lads.

1  Thank DamoSouthBristol

Hi Damo,

It was a great day taking you and the kids coasteering around the wonderful hele bay. Sean took control of the route and over came some challenging terrain as well and yourself and your daughter.

We very much look forward to seeing you again for some more coasteering and maybe even a touch of surfing.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Stalker family have been visiting Lyndon Wake Surf School once or twice a year now for 3 maybe 4 years and we LOVE it!! From our enthusiastic 9 year old to me - the 47 year old wanna-be cool surf dude - plus the 14 and 17 year old in between, Lyndon has always made sure that we get the best tuition in the safest most fun way. From the moment we don wetsuits back at Baggy Lodge, the customer service is outstanding. You know for sure that Croyde Bay will be on Stalker holiday list for many years to come. Thanks to Lyndon and all at Lyndon Wake Surf School for helping to create some great memories...even if not a world class surfer...just yet! But you never know...

1  Thank PapaStalk

Hi Paul,

As one of our most regular and loyal customers I am really pleased that you have written on here. Having initially met yourself and your brilliant son Jack (aka colonel) it has been a very smooth and enjoyable road where we have now taught every member of your family the wonderful sport of surfing, all the way from the youngest to oldest and every one of the stalkie clan has taken to it like bee's around a honey pot.

No doubt that we will be seeing you shortly. When you do come we are expecting a high level of energy and a go get it attitude ready to hit some big waves.