“Traditional pub” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Thatch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Croyde
The Thatch
Ranked #5 of 23 Croyde B&B and Inns
nottingham
“Traditional pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Croyde Bay just fantastic this was my first stay at the Thatch and we stayed in the main pub room 4.
Good bits-
Car park,close to the bar,very light cosy and very clean room,comfy bed,tea facilities in the room,flat screen tv
Not so good bits-
Shower went from freezing cold to dangerously hot,sat like idiots at breakfast as no one told us we had to go to the bar to order, didn't feel like guests as we had to seek out staff to help even though there were lots of them.
More good bits than not so good and we thought it was well worth the mone, can I also point out that the guests checking out in front of us had a problem with thier rom and they reduced the bill by 50% without being prompted! So that was good service!

Room Tip: Room 4 in Thatch just at the top of the short stairs and good if smoker as not too far to go out, al...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've been to The Thatch many times, but I've not yet written a review. This really is one of my favourite pubs in the UK. It gets fairly lively in the holidays and at weekends, but retains a very chilled atmosphere in the traditional, cosy surroundings. There's a brilliant choice of ales and ciders, and I've always had a very tasty meal. Breakfast is also very good! There's nothing better than arriving in Croyde in the sun and stopping off for a drink in the beer garden at the Thatch - always a good way to start off your holiday!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
exmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've visited The Thatch a few times however I only stayed there recently. I love Croyde, not much to do apart from long walks, cycling and surfing but that's what makes it so relaxing. The Thatch is situated near to everything whether your camping, walking to the beach or stopping in the middle of a cycle ride, it is defiantly worth the stop. In the day it's relaxing, good food and chilled but by the night it's party time with live bands, excellent food and great atmosphere. The band we saw when we were they were pretty amazing, live and local and wow did it get busy. We decided to go to bed before the band finished though as we were just so tired, don't forget that the room are right above the pub so it is still very loud, you can hear the band and the outside guests. Doesn't bother me though. The room was very cute, traditional cottage style with a kettle and tea/coffee facilities. We shared a bathroom, a very nice bathroom with a decent shower and good clean decor. Breakfast in the morning was a decent full English and oh yeah - free wi-fi. I love the thatch!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smiffy660
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

There aren't many pubs that pull it off but the Thatch seems to have the balance between a good old "boozer" and "gastro pub" just right. We only called in for a couple of pints but the atmosphere in the Thatch was spot on. It was a Saturday night but I imagine the Thatch is one of those places where every night is a Saturday night!! We could have easily stayed in here all night drinking the local ales and sampling the well stocked whiskey and bourbon shelves...only a pub such as the King's Arms in Georgeham had the pulling power to get us out to make our dinner reservation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
DERBYSHIRE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We visited here on Saturday, it was our first day and we had spent the afternoon on the beach and were looking forward to a tasty pub meal. Sadly it was a let down, its a lovely pub but the food wasn't great. It was very expensive for what you got - my boyfriend and son had burgers, the kitchen staff got them a bit mixed up but rectified this quickly, apparently they were alright but not outstanding considering the cost. I had bangers and mash but it wasn't very nice at all but I ate it because I was starving, the consistency of the sausages was horrible - the meals weren't worth the money.

Lots of nicer places to eat, okay if you want a pretty pub to sit outside and have a drink.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed in the cottage opposite the thatch but owned by the pub. Quaint , clean, cosy , all you need but a little noisy from pub garden noise. Big bathroom to dry your beach gear and small side garden. Parking beside cottage. Breakfast substantial.

• Stayed August 2013
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

If you see my reviews then you know I like my luxuries and have never stayed in a B&B so this was a first. Saying that, I love Croyde and know it well and have spent many an evening in the Thatch, just never stayed there, having friends who live in the area.
So I took a risk in booking this as a last minute Thursday night stay. The web site is good though and I could see pictures of the rooms which was reassuring.
Anyway, we got a last room over the Billy Budd section. Room 16. I would have gone for the quieter Priory but this was all that was available.
Well in a nutshell it was a DELIGHT - from start to finish. From booking via speedy email and friendly call right through to leaving breakfast !
We were welcomed superbly by a bar staff member who took us straight to reception. Then we were shown to our room. Parking was easy and free. Our room was really nice and had a little set of outside stairs and roof terrace to get to it. I was surprised at the value for money and level of facilities and cleanliness. It was soooooo clean! I was reassured by flat tv, cool radiator, spotless shower, neat furnishings, fluffy white towels and cool kettle and coffee and tea. All really clean and modern and well presented.
We had a great evening in the bar. Veggie nachos were to die for! We took our last orders to our room as it was near the gorgeous outside garden patio.
I really loved it and learned something about value for money here. My hubby was delighted I was pleased as I can be so fussy. Says something about the place. There was small noise at closing time and the suds of barrels in the morning, but it was all acceptable and atmospheric as we were over a pub.
This place looks so good from the outside- credit to the managers for getting it so right. Covered in flowers, well painted, beautiful thatch and good branding etc. it looks welcoming and inviting.
We had a breakfast in the price and that too was impressive. Juice and toast and cereal on help yourself and cooked breakies to order. One for veggies too! Gallons of tea too.
Easy checkout completed the event. All the young staff were particularly friendly. check out was at 10 which is early but then breakies was til 12!
I loved it!!! And surprised myself. Will def be going back and recommending it to all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisegirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Croyde
Saunton Sands Hotel
Unison Croyde Bay Holiday Resort
The Beach House
The Beach House
#11 of 15 in Woolacombe

Been to The Thatch? Share your experiences!