“One of the best meals I have ever had.”
Review of Hobb's Bistro

Hobb's Bistro
Ranked #8 of 11 Restaurants in Croyde
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Mortehoe, Woolacombe
“One of the best meals I have ever had.”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We went one evening without a booking, and although fully booked, they allowed us to come in early to fit us in - impressed straight away. The staff were delightful and the food - where can I start! I ordered 3 starters as my main course as I couldn't decide what I wanted, my companions ordered main courses. All the meals were SO tasty, I enjoyed my starters so much, I couldn't stop praising the chef. The deserts were equally impressive. Everything was obviously home made and made with care.
I can't believe that people have criticised that they couldn't get a table, how crass to then give a 'poor' rating. It is a fantastic restaurant, of course they may be full!! I have also seen criticism that it is expensive - I have to disagree! This is Croyde, it's on a par with Georgeham and Woolacombe - these are expensive areas, but in this premises, at least you get what you pay for.
I made sure I told the staff how brilliant I thought the food was, something we forget to do. I would have been equally honest if I found them lacking. Any establishment needs feedback, but I think people need to be realistic too. Quality comes at a price.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank r0xx

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely food.”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Great food and friendly staff. Enough said.The only disappointment for me was that they didn't sell draught beer.But a nice bottle of white soon put that right.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal out !”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had a superb meal and were served by friendly, knowledgeable staff. The food and service were of a high standard

Cleator, United Kingdom
“thank heavens for Hobbs”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We found this place the last night of our holidays to be truthful we had just walked past it so may times and thought nothing of going in. Gladly we decided to give it a go thank heavens for a menu without nachos and burgers. The menu was very different to the run of the mill stuff available in Croyde. seafood paella, seafood tagliatelle , duck in a red wine Ju and the carpet bagger steak - each totally delicious (I didn't order them all that is what the four of us had ;o) ). The service was excellent too
If we are lucky enough to visit Croyde again we will definitely book here. 10/10

Bedford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpectedly High Quality Bistro”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Typical bistro - low lighting, small tables and very popular but only open during the high season. The menu is very inovative but doesn't vary much from year to year (maybe a good thing, if you like it), although the singature dishes can't be found many places. Small list of high quality wines, including Gavi di Gavi. Great cheese board. Friendly, helpful service.

Visited June 2014