“great little place”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We went here on our last night in Croyde - we all had something different and everything was delicious and well presented - from both the standards menu and the specials board. Not cheap but a lovely evening guaranteed. friendly staff.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I went for a romantic meal with my husband in Hobbs in May 2013, hobbs has a cosy atmosphere and we really enjoyed the food but we did feel the cheese board wasn't very good and let the meal down, also I would say miss having an Irish coffee at £7.99 each they r very over priced.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We visited the Bistro in June while on a week stay. This was one of the best meals that we had. The chowder was excellent thick and very tasty. We then had the trio of fish which was very good value for the money and cooked to perfection. The waiter and waitress were very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

A pleasant evening - helpful people. Overall well worth a visit.

The food was freshly cooked, attractively served and tasted good.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We came here on a Monday night in the off season so as expected it wasn't very busy. Often in some restaurants this means the food can be a bit hit and miss but I have to say this was not the case at Hobbs!

Really friendly staff as well, I had the duck for my main and my wife had one of the fish dishes, we were both very please, filling too so I can't rport on the puddings I'm afraid.

A nice option if you're staying in the area, the alternative is pub grub nearby but thankfully they don't let there standards drop.

We paid £55 for 2 mains and a starter, this did however include a bottle of Prosecco as we got carried away ordering the wine :)