“I can't rate this place and it's people highly enough”
Review of Green Rooms B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Croyde
Green Rooms B&B
Ranked #7 of 22 Croyde B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We've just returned from a 4-night stay at Green Rooms, and I really want to recommend it to everyone. Where to start? Lyn and Phil are clearly such genuinely lovely people, who clearly take such care to make sure that your stay is perfect. Their dog Rocky is a real sweetie too.
The (downstairs, en-suite) room was a good size, very clean, fresh and bright, with a very comfortable bed (and believe me I am fussy, having a chronic back condition involving post-surgical nerve damage)! I have also tried a fair few too (I used to travel a lot, and even worked in travel, that's why)! Gorgeous shower room too.
The two very best points about this place are, firstly, the location. Between the village and beach, you're close to everything, yet tucked away in a quiet corner with green as far as the eye can see; such a relaxing view.
Secondly, the breakfasts. I'm about to have dinner and I really shouldn't have written this when I'm hungry! The full English breakfast is spot-on; best poached egg I've ever had and lovely sausages (often my bugbear, I am really saddened when cheap sausages just slightly spoil an otherwise great breakfast!) I commented on these and Phil said they'd tried lots of everything in their quest to make the breakfast just right, which says it all really.
The breakfast specials are a very special touch indeed. Chorizo hash with fried egg (free-range, with a wonderfully orange yolk) followed by pancakes with strawberries and maple syrup; not on the same day, but on different days during our stay; although, to me, that sounds and tastes like a fab 2-course meal for brunch, lunch or dinner!
The choice of teas and hot chocolate to help yourself to is a lovely touch too; I really enjoyed that, not being a traditional tea drinker (i.e. I have it black, shocking I know) and preferring alternative brews like Green, Redbush, Mint etc. And did I mention the huge cafetiere of freshly brewed coffee I had with breakfast... Or the home-baked bread...
As you can see, I could go on. But I'll just end by saying - chuck a bag and a board (optional) in the car and get down to Green Rooms in Croyde. While you still can, i.e. before they're booked solid for a year in advance!
Thanks Lyn and Phil, we'll be back. Six stars ;-)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 3, 2012

A pleasant surprise on arrival as it looked quite a small place, but the room was fine and the best bathroom/shower! The bed was a bit uncomfortable, could do with either a new mattress or topper. The dining area is 'cosy'. Great breakfast and wish I'd asked for the granola recipe as that was delicious. Hosts were very polite, attentive and friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Had a blissful trip here. People were so lovely, was like a home from home but with much better breakfast! They were really helpful, the location was spot on, close to everything, gardens were beautiful. And the local thatch, great live music and good food. The manor is also a nice pub. The town has a real laid back surfy feel about it. The beach, wow, soft soft sand, great waves, the sand dunes are an adventure in itself. Loads of pretty coastal walks. Honestly this is only an hour away from me. And its just perfect. Go go go!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Lauratejada
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Returned to the Green Rooms for the Jubilee Weekend after a great experience last year, and we weren't disappointed. Lyn, Phil and the amiable Rocky are the perfect hosts. My husband chats away with Phil like an old surfing buddy, as if they go back years together, and the surf storage facilities are ideal. The passion of these guys for their lifestyle and their desire to share it shines through in everything about this B&B. We stayed this time in the downstairs en-suite room. A spacious, well-lit room with a good comfy bed and plenty of storage, free wifi and a decent shower in the compact, but entirely adequate shower room. Decor is contemporary and fresh. And then there's breakfast! What can I say about breakfast? Every day there's something new on the specials board as well as the standard fry-up, including black pudding. We sampled a huge bowl of porridge with home-grown apples and cinnamon, maple syrup pancakes and strawberries, and the new, simply wonderful chorizo hash, with rocket, fried egg and sweet chilli sauce. Yum! And I say again, yum. That one is definitely a winner. Green Rooms will be our first choice in Croyde every time.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Lyn and Phil are really nice people. Really welcoming people. Brillant Granola recipe which I'm now making myself. A really good range of breakfast choices from fry-ups to more healthy choices and even Smoked Salmon/Pancakes. Being a couple that like to surf/bodyboard/do stuff in the sea, there is facilities for washing, storing and drying your kit and board. Little Pink Shop at the top of the road supply all that you need and had a good long chat with the owner (Apparently originally was a shed come shop). The 308 Bus stops right outside this shop as well which is handy to getting the bus to/from Barnstaple if travelling by train. I imagine we will be back at some point.

Room Tip: Say Hello to Rocky the dog and eat the Granola!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank timthepig
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Lyn and Phil make staying at Green Rooms truly enjoyable. The experience is most akin to catching up with old friends after they have moved to the coast, friends who cheerily cook you a tasty breakfast every morning, make their own delicious jam and impart advice, interspersed with the odd bon mots, about all things Croyde. And the "cherry on the cake" is that you are within easy walking distance of the pub and the beach. (and you can park your car).
Thanks Lyn and Phil. A good review is better late than never. :-)

Room Tip: The 1st floor room is great. En suite.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Ok, I've never submitted one of these before. But, I felt compelled to do so on this occasion.

Everything about the Green Rooms is excellent, the rooms, the food and your hosts Lyn and Phil! My son loved "Rocky" their dog, who is such a friendly chap!

The breakfasts are excellent and the pancakes with Maple syrup the best I've ever had!

We went down to Croyde for some surf lessons, unfortunately we could only do one because the swell was so big! But we will definitely be going back and definitely be staying at the Green Rooms.

Phil even understood how disappointed we were to only get one lesson in and volunteered to drop us a line when he thought the conditions would be good so that we can make a return trip! Now that's service!

If you go to Croyde stay at the Green Rooms you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family