“Pizza heaven!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We enjoyed a lovely birthday dinner here - lovely freshly prepared pizza with toppings and boxes available to take out leftovers! Thank you !

Reviewed August 10, 2014

My partner and I recently stopped at Billy Budds for a light lunch and decided to order from the tapas menu. Big mistake!!

This was the worst attempt at tapas we have ever eaten. The calamari in batter was overcooked and the batter was oily but the fried chorizo was so bad it was almost inedible. Rather than being thinly sliced and flash-fried, it was chopped into large lumps that had obviously been cooked too slowly so the chorizo had acted as a sponge and had soaked up the cooking oil.

In the end we ate approximately a third of what we had ordered and we could still taste the oil hours later. Not a pleasant meal!

I'm sure the burgers, pizzas etc. on the menu would be a safe bet but my advice to Billy Budds would be to stick with whatever it is they do well and remove the tapas from the menu unless they educate their staff into cooking it correctly.

The reason I gave Billy Budds two stars is because the staff were friendly and the outdoor seating area at the side of the pub was pleasant. The food deserved a resounding zero.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

took grandchildren at lunch time ....sat outside and had food.....very good .lots of different dishes to try aswell as the usual meals.....great play area

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Limited menu. We had lunch, a shared pizza by my husband and granddaughter and roll for myself, which was ok. My granddaughter wanted to play in the play area which was very popular with children so we had a late evening meal. this time, burgers, which were very good. It's a place suited to families rather than couples etc.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

This place was just the job after a long drive down!Nice,relaxed and friendly and nicely cooked food.
Lovely sticky toffee pudding!
Nicely child friendly too.
Would definitely return when back in the area.