“Average but busy pub”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 17, 2013

IT's an OK pub for a few beers, pretty busy with a god sitting oiut area. Prices were a little high, but everywhere in Crode is! Food was average, but must admit large portions. If you want a lunchtime snack they do a nice selection of tapas, buy 3 dishes get one free. They also have a cash machine (small charge), sufing videos playing on the big screen, and is dog friendly. I found the Blue Groove, Hobbs and the Manor much better choice for an evening meal.

There are newer reviews for Billy Budds

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Not great service from the barman unless you're young and pretty, wooden floors no comfy seats but has a nich outdoor area

Reviewed September 11, 2013

A little pricy but well worth a visit. We had 2 spicy chicken melts with chips, and two ciders for £23. You won't be disappointed with the size of the meals. In fact we were due to go out for tea but ended up staying in as we were still full.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

There's only a couple of pubs in Croyde, we tend to go to all of them, I'm sure the Thatch next door is owned by the same people. Day drinking , sitting outside or evenings or both, great place , good choice of drinks, quite lively , got sky for the football and the food is simple but great.
Prop your surf board against the bar and enjoy yourselves!

Go next door for an ice cream , beats having the traditional kebab after the pub shuts!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Walked into Croyde Village centre and wasn't sure where to eat. We decided on Billy Budd's as the exterior appeared funky and upbeat, unfortunatley this wasn't the case.

Ordered the food, and waited ages, although the inside was surprisingly empty and outside was similar. I don't recall seeing any signs telling me I would have to wait as everything was fresh, so I assumed it was just slow service.

When the food arrived, we ordered some burgers, it was nothing ot write home about.

The outdoor area was adequate for young children, but the inside had a grubby pub atmosphere, which surprised me.

For me, the Billy Budd was average and mediocre, both in it's food and atmosphere.