“Terrible night's sleep”
Review of Shuna Guest House

Shuna Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Croyde
Shuna Guest House
Ranked #2 of 21 Croyde B&B and Inns
Bristol
“Terrible night's sleep”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

First of all, just to say that this is just my opinion based on our night's stay here; I am genuinely confused why our experience was so different from the rest of the reviews on this B&B. My wife and I came to stay for a weekend at this B&B as the grandparents were looking after our young son. Unfortunately, the mattress was uncomfortably soft and it felt like the springs had actually gone on one side of the bed as it was so uncomfortable on my back. In addition, they had a winter duvet on the bed which was way too hot to sleep under; we ended up sleeping top to tail under the duvet top sheet! The room was pretty small and the shower had very little water pressure in the morning. We complained to the owners in the morning who were very surprised and stated that no-one had complained before and that they had slept in the bed recently so couldn't see any problem with it. The conversation became fairly heated, which seemed strange to me as I thought the customer was always right. Eventually, we had a good conversation with Aldo who refunded us about 50% of the cost for a single night and we left without breakfast. The B&B was very clean and seemed to be well looked-after in all other ways; honestly we are not fussy guests, but I can't see how anyone could find that bed comfortable to sleep in. Bit of a shame overall really.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 5
3 Thank alexwb77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cromford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed for four nights over the Bank Holiday and were given a very warm welcome by the hosts of Shuna Guest House. Although Croyde was very busy we found peace and tranquility here. The room was meticulously clean, we had wonderful views over rolling countryside and the breakfast was wonderful - fresh fruit and produce - what more could you want? if you are visiting Croyde this is the one - highly recommended!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in room 5 and it was immaculate not a speck of dirt anywhere and believe me I'm fussy being a hotel manager myself. The room was a good size with a big bed (the only improvement I would make is the pillows one was to small two to big but thats just me), an ensuite shower room, plenty of cupboard and wardrobe space and a little table and chairs we even had a balcony looking out over the hills which was a little sun trap during the day. Breakfast was amazing definetley one of the best I have had anywhere you have some cereals, fresh fruit ect to help yourself then you get a choice of cooked breakfasts i had a full breakfast one day then poached eggs on toast and then finally scrambled eggs with smoked salmon all were amazing and kept us going till mid afternoon.
Will definetley go back if we are in croyd again and highly recomended.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed one night, calling on the off chance that they had a room available. It was clear from the start what an immaculate and professional establishment the Shuna guest house is. On top of that the owners and hosts were warm and friendly and we were made to feel very welcome. The house is quiet, very close to the beach and town centre (both 5 - 10 mins easy walk), with well appointed and immaculately clean rooms. Breakfast was fantastic- top quality fresh fruit etc and a choice including full English or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs.
In addition Annabelle makes and sells a fantastic range of high quality bespoke swimwear for women at great prices. So I came away with a new swimming costume also.
I'd say an ideal place for couples and those looking for a quieter but friendly and well run establishment close to all Croyde's amenities.

staffordshire , uk
Reviewed August 19, 2013

we have just arived back from our two week break in croyed, north devon.we oppted to stay at shuna guest house for twwo weeks ,while my daughter and family were under canvas at ruda park.our stay at shuna was fantastic,al and annie were great host's ,and our room was fantastic. we had a room with a baclony overlooking rolling hills with grazing sheep at the rear with a great view of the sea and baggy point at the front. the breakfast was awsome with a good variety to choose from, very good location close to the beach and croyed village. we would recomend to anyone and would go back again. thank you once again.

Room Tip: ask for one with a balcony
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Welcoming and very pleasant could best describe our introduction and stay at Shuna Guest House. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable and the facilities were excellent, and we followed an excellent night's sleep with a superb breakfast. All boxes ticked, so much so that we stayed an extra night!! - We look forward to returning to Shuna next time we're in Croyde.

1 Thank IainHS
Biella
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We passed here for just one night, but it was sufficient to feel the friendship and corteousness of Al and Annabella. The house was very clean and confortable. We had a very confortable night. The town centre and a wonderfull beach are very close and you can rich them by walking.
I really recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Croyde
Saunton Sands Hotel
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#4 of 4 in Woolacombe
Unison Croyde Bay Holiday Resort

Been to Shuna Guest House? Share your experiences!