“Not so bad!”

Ranked #61 of 127 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Ilkeston, United Kingdom
“Not so bad!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

After reading reviews I was unsure about this hotel, but once we arrived was pleasantly surprised! The Receptionist was lovely, and we had no problems with hotel staff, we had our 10 month old with us and he got so much attention, we also found there weren't many English in the hotel, but we didn't have any problem getting served for drinks at all! Our room was clean, yes they need updating but for the price why complain! The food wasn't amazing but was always fresh, it does get a bit samey if your all inclusive but surely you expect this of a buffet, there was always something nice to eat! The pool was freezing so didnt really go in, but so was the sea think this was more to do with travelling in september! All in all if your looking for a few days away the location is perfect (right on the beach and only 10 mins away from lloret centre) I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room was on first floor, and we had a lovely partial view sea room, was always quiet!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Charlenexpx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Folkestone, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have never written a trip adviser review but returning from my 4 day stay there with my sisters I felt I had too, hotel appearance fine, room ok, a bit grubby, furniture and flooring all needed replacing, receptionists ok not overally friendly, bar staff very rude, only one pleasant young lady there, liked to walk pass you at least twice before deciding to serve you, restaurant staff rude, a simple question was looked as a real problem for them, hotel full of miserable elderly Swiss people, they had obviously never seen people in their 30s and spent most of the time kept staring at us, funny enough the bar staff seemed to love the Swiss and we were told that they don't like English people, ps we were not on some kind of 18 year old behaving badly holiday, we are women in their 30s who wanted to relax, we had hardly any sleep as the neighbours next door seemed to have their tv blaring and high heels constantly walking about at 3.00 in the morning, the rooms were not sound proof at all, food choice was very limited and we had no children with us but I'm not what they would have eaten at hotel, only good thing was location close to beach, beach was fantastic, hotel horrible.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kerrie S

Travelers are raving about these Lloret de Mar hotels

hawkinge
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Well I travelled Sunday 8th Sept to Thursday 12th Sept 2013. With my 3 sisters for a short break. I had read several reviews but I always make my own decision on a place and give it the benefit of the doubt. The hotel was full of Dutch and French people. We were the only English people there. They constantly stared at us not just a quick glance but made you feel really uncomfortable. The staff did not like us either. They would ignore us and on purpose serve someone else just leaving us stood there. They were rude and not helpful. There were no reps to complain to as we booked through Travel Republic. The room was very noisy so much so you could hear next door receive a text message on there phone. So trying to get to sleep you had no chance. Food was very basic not much choice I have had better ALL INCLUSIVE at a 3 star hotel. Location is the only highlight of this hotel as its directly on the beach. I would not class this hotel as 4 star. We even ate out 2 nights of the 4 because we had had enough of the constant staring from guests and staff. They allow dogs in the hotel on and off leads which just strolled round. So I would only pick this hotel if you don't intend to eat or sleep on your holiday and you don't mind people looking at you all the time. Hope this helps future travellers to this hotel. I am no snob and stay in 3 star hotels all the time but to be broken to tears at lunch because of the staff and guests I certainly would not recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank jellhj17
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had 3 days off between business weeks and decided to stay in Spain rather than go home, saw this "4" star hotel with a good deal on all inclusive. My title says it all, I've stayed in a lot of 4 star hotels and this isn't one of them, as someone else said "2 star at best".

Reception/bar staff friendly enough, but the restaurant staff don't want to be there and are not helpful. The food is so bad I wouldn't even give it to my dog, I ended up eating out every meal even though I was all inclusive and I'm not a fussy eater. The "bar buffet" is 4 hot plates with food in it that looks like its been there all sumer. The rooms are very dated, but very clean, there is a daily room service and they do a great job. They do start early though, so forget your holiday lie in, they're dragging beds around well before 9.

The pool area was nice and there is 1 activity a day, water aerobics, water polo ect ect. The evening entertainment was OK, they were doing the best with what they had. The location is brilliant, the beach is just over the road and was lovely.

All in all, I would never come back here. I tried to get the other half and little one to come out before i arrived and I'm glad they had other commitments, it is that bad.

Room Tip: If you don't believe this review and come anyway, the front of the hotel is quieter than the bac...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank STaylor2013
Oppegard, Norway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

A very nice location close to the beach and away from the uncharming centre of Lloret de Mar, but that was the only positive thing with this hotel. The staff was unpleasant, and charged extra for everything, the food was horrible and the rooms were small (described as spacious!) and very run-down. Generally we got the feeling that we were there for the hotel instead of the hotel beeing there for us. It seems as though maintance have been neglected for decades, and it's a mystery how they keep their four stars. The guests were also a very homogenic group mainly beeing russian. We'll never return to neither the hotel nor the city!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ChristianFoWi
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hotel is nothing of a 4 star. More like average 2 star property. Pool area not kept well and very far from posted pics. Food is no good as well (had half board option), doesn't make sense to over pay for it. Hotel packed with kids so be prepare for all pleasures "attached".
in addition had some troubles with check-in and had to change the room

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Check in was lengthy but the staff were pleasant. Food was good and there was a microwave if you needed to heat it up. Great outdoor play area for younger kids and soft play area in the dining room which was noisey if you had a table next to it. Evening karaoke for the adults was basically taken over by kids, no adult entertainment. Good for families with younger children. Not suitable for teenagers or couples looking for night time entertainment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family