We walked into the lobby of the hotel on a cold evening it was like stepping back in time. The bus we came on was not just a bus it was a time machine !. Spandau ballet were playing over the speakers the 1980`s decor & the guests all dressed in shell suits we were back in the 80`s.
The hotel is clean but very dated the staff are friendly enough but are worn down by the relentless drinking of the infomous Britts. The hotel is full of people on job seekers allowence who intend & to make the most of the free booze & food its like walking into a social security Chrismas party ! the food is ok & the selection of drinks is good but it is abused by 80% of the people here.
Getting to sleep at night is another adventure 12 midnight till 2am you have no chance doors banging ,people falling over & scousers shouting at the top of their voice " come on girl " means that a good nights sleep is out of the question. 50 year olds who still think they are 21 litter the bars & floors at times but saying that its not all bad.
The hotel is without doubt a 2 star at best whoever gave it 4 star status was either bribed or had been on an all inclusive bender before submitting his report. If you have booked to come donºt dispair the resort if great Fenals is first class take a walk along the coastal path into lloret it is breath taking or if you dont like that kind of thing get out of your head on the free booze.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-Star H•TOP Royal Star & SPA hotel is a nice family oriented hotel located in the lively city of Lloret de Mar, (north-east coast of Spain). Positioned at 10-minute walk from Fenals Beach Creek and a 15-minute walk from the Lloret de Mar beach. This classic 397- room hotel offer plenty of fun activities and relaxation comforts for adults and children. It is situated at 85 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 25 Km from Girona Airport. Lloret de Mar is one of the most popular cities in Costa Brava known for the lively nightlife and its clean&safe beaches. FACILITIES Rooms • Social room (ping pong, billard, etc.) • Restaurant • 2 Bar • 2 Swimming pools • Sun terraces • Laundry • Souvenirs/gift shop Children • Miniclub • Playground • Baby cots and chairs Spa area • Heated indoor pool with waterfall • Turkish bath • Sauna • Fitness room Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping Others • Facilities for guests with disabilities • Currency exchange • Car hire* • External medical service* • Air-conditioning / Heating • Safe boxes* • Wi-Fi* • TV • Luggage storage • Showers for check-out • Lifts • Bikes* • Parking* *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your H.TOP Royal Star & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Top Royal Star Hotel
- Royal Star Hotel Lloret De Mar
- H.TOP Royal Star & SPA Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain