We were only told our hotel 3 days before departure and so it was with some trepidation (after reading reviews) that we started our holiday at the H Top Royal Star.What a surprise, we found the hotel to be clean and although rather dated (not a four star) ideal for our holiday with 4 adults and 4 teenagers.
There was enough choice in the restaurant to please everybody,with lovely salads and meat and fish on every day.I read reviews stating that the food was cold but we certainly did not find that was the case.We had a trip out to Barcelona and the hotel provided us with a free packed lunch.
At night there was entertainment and the hotel was packed creating a buzzy atmosphere that we weren't expecting this early in the season.
A lovely 10 minute stroll to the beach which was clean and not too busy. We also went to Barcelona on a coach (approx 20 euro return).This service runs every 30 mins and the bus station is about 10 mins walk from the hotel.
The staff were pleasant and we did not encounter any rudeness towards us as previous reviewers have stated.
All in all we had a great time.I think some people expect far too much for the money that they paid. This was a great place to explore the Costa Brava. The only downside to the hotel is that the walls are paper thin and you could hear people in adjoining rooms and corridors. However the beds were really comfy and we all slept really well.
I would recommend this hotel,it is in a great place.Lloret has pubs and clubs, we recommend the Tyrol Bar,shops and a great beach. we were never bored.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-Star H•TOP Royal Star & SPA hotel is a nice family oriented hotel located in the lively city of Lloret de Mar, (north-east coast of Spain). Positioned at 10-minute walk from Fenals Beach Creek and a 15-minute walk from the Lloret de Mar beach. This classic 397- room hotel offer plenty of fun activities and relaxation comforts for adults and children. It is situated at 85 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 25 Km from Girona Airport. Lloret de Mar is one of the most popular cities in Costa Brava known for the lively nightlife and its clean&safe beaches. FACILITIES Rooms • Social room (ping pong, billard, etc.) • Restaurant • 2 Bar • 2 Swimming pools • Sun terraces • Laundry • Souvenirs/gift shop Children • Miniclub • Playground • Baby cots and chairs Spa area • Heated indoor pool with waterfall • Turkish bath • Sauna • Fitness room Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping Others • Facilities for guests with disabilities • Currency exchange • Car hire* • External medical service* • Air-conditioning / Heating • Safe boxes* • Wi-Fi* • TV • Luggage storage • Showers for check-out • Lifts • Bikes* • Parking* *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your H.TOP Royal Star & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Top Royal Star Hotel
- Royal Star Hotel Lloret De Mar
- H.TOP Royal Star & SPA Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain