H.TOP Royal Star & SPA
Institut Gem Wellness & Spa(Lloret de Mar)(Great Value!)
$54
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
$61
$55
GHT Oasis Park & SPA(Lloret de Mar)
$59
  • Restaurant
URH Hotel Excelsior(Lloret de Mar)
$56
$50
  • Beachfront
Hotel Santa Marta(Lloret de Mar)
$263
$212
Hotel Bonsol(Lloret de Mar)
$46
$38
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Aparthotel Costa Encantada(Lloret de Mar)(Great Value!)
$69
  • Pool
Hotel Marsol(Lloret de Mar)
$68
$61
  • Pool
Hotel GHT Aquarium & SPA(Lloret de Mar)(Great Value!)
$67
  • Pool
Hotel Anabel(Lloret de Mar)(Great Value!)
$87
$85
  • Breakfast included
1,925 results
All reviewsfree busempty glassesbad reviewscleaned every dayplenty of choiceoutdoor poolfussy eatermain poolmin walkgreat holidayfenals beachfresh towelsnight lifeafter reading the reviewsnationalities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My friend and I recently returned from our 4 day 3 night stay in The HTop Royal Star & I have to say what a great time we had. We had to pay to be upgraded here as we were allocated the Alexsis which was disgusting and to be honest we weren't thrilled at the idea of this Hotel either based on the reviews but we were really happy once we settled in. I can see why people would complain about certain things about this Hotel but you have to put them into perspective. Llorett de mar is a young lively resort so noise and groups of fairly drunk "young Adults" are common in places like this. This Hotel is just out of the main Town so a little quieter. These hotels are meant to be cheap & their star ratings are outdated but the hotel was kept clean and the pool areas are tidy and pleasant. The tiles around the pool are very dangerous when wet though so please take care, especially children running around as there were a couple of accidents whilst we were there. I would have no problem bringing my children back here as i felt the staff were great with the kids & guests who got a little rowdy. The food was surprisingly good and we both felt we had a good choice of things to eat at all meal times. Yes, there were some dishes that raised an eyebrow on occasion but for the most it was hot, edible and tasty. All inclusive drinks were ok and the glass return was fab because it meant there weren't empty glasses left around the place so it was tidy & safe. There was a hidden play area on top of the hotel roof for those who were able to find it & with two pools there was always enough room to sit around a pool if a sun lounger wasn't available. The little children's pool was big enough for them to splash about it and the pool around the back has windows in it so you can watch the swimmers from the dining room!!(Be careful what you do under the water as we saw some extremely funny sites from swimmers who did not realise they were on show!!) We found the staff to be friendly and as accommodating as possible. They spoke English well although we noticed there were many French & German holiday makers there too. I would advise you get your own transfer from the Hotel back to the airport as the companies leave way too early to get you to the airport cutting into your holiday time & leaving you waiting hours at the airport. The bus from town to the airport was 9 Euros each with no stops so straight there in 35 mins unlike the 2 hour transfer to the hotel with many pick ups & drop offs. The little shop was expensive but there is a supermarket less than 5 mins walk away & always barter with the gift shops as the ones near the hotel are far less expensive than the ones near the beach or town. I would recommend this Hotel based on our stay and say don't expect it to be 4* its not but its clean, friendly and certainly a bargain holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank karentazdevil
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband & i have just returned from a 11 day holiday & we loved it. Yes the hotel is basic & noisy, but it's to be expected if you go to a hotel that caters for families & young couples etc !
It was Very clean , our room was done daily , & the staff are very friendly.
I know of some who complained that the bar staff were rude but we saw no evidence of this. They were all very friendly & we got to know them very well.It does'nt take a lot of effort to be civil to them !
The food was fine , i would recommend the paella.We went to the beach most mornings & a packed lunch was provided for us , although after a few mornings of the same , we did it ourselves at breakfast time.
The entertainment was hit & miss ,but if you can , take the excursion to the medieval night. it was brilliant fun & great value for money.
There is lots to see & do, close by, if you venture out & about . The beaches are great but buy a sun brolly, you'll need it (about 8 euros)We are both in our fifties but were not put off by the nightlife in lloret. lloret is very vibrant !! Have a few drinks in the Rob Roy but beware the free pour , two g&',s & you're gone!
We would certainly go back to the same hotel.

Room Tip: We would have liked a sixth floor room . We were on the second but took the lift up & the views were amazing.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jenny w
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week in August hotel and rooms are pretty clean we had a nice pool view but not enough sun shades at all plus you have to get up early and queue to wait for the doors to open at 9 to get a bed crazy . Most the staff were nice enough it was the guests that were ignorant I had my sun shade stolen from right under my nose the drinks situation is a bit mad too but you get used to it the fresh orange was nice and you helped your self to tea machine in main bar entertainment every night was passable the resteraunt was always buzy again ill mannered guests and to me the food was terrible but am quite fussy but still felt hungry after meals because a didn't like much at all oh also the pool area was very slippy too

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank greens_7
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Came back from the the hotel on Fri after a 4 night break with my wife. Hotel was nice and clean with rooms very spacious cleaned daily with change of towels. Quality of pillows not the best, but no different to any othe Spanish All Inc I've been to in the past.

I agree with previous comments in re to card system for drinks if you were on an All Inc basis, what's wrong with the old wristbands! It was a nightmare trying to remember your AI card when going to the bar. Food in the restaurant was basic, i.e you wouldn;t starve if you were a fussy eater, they must get pork on a good deal as it was on the menu every meal time!

Hotel guests were from across Europe, with Spanish, Germans, English and a lot of guests from South Wales, it was like being in Barry Island at one point!

I disagree with the comments re the Germans with the towels, it was the Brits that were queing up waiting for the pool door to open at 9am! Pool area was very clean in both pools, with easy access to both bar areas.

Entertainment wasn't the best but it passed the night. Staff were very friendly and helpful in the hotel.

One tip, if you've got a late eve / night flight booked on day of departure then the All Inc card stops at midday for drinks but they do allow you to get lunch with drinks inc. This was the only drawback of the hotel that they don't allow you to use the bar for an extra few hours. So get a morning or afternoon flight back!

Hotel was close to the centre of Lloret de Mar and the beach (its not sandy), within walking distance (15-20min). Nightlife in centre catered for the young clubbers with nightclubs galore on the main street.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hamish M
Reviewed August 10, 2013

(The title is deliberate. Its the first thing I look for on a review after the rating.)

I'd read the other reviews on here for this hotel and was a little "hmm...have I just paid for a lemon?".
The answer is no.

This was a nice hotel, in a busy location, that seems to be set up mainly for families. It does have an eclectic mix of nationalities and that is certainly worth bearing in mind here. The food, accommodation and entertainment are all as broad spectrum as possible so as to include everyone as much as possible.

So, Food -
Good standard and variety and plenty to choose from. We have a picky eater in our family and she was able to eat something every night. a previous comment about variety at snack time is valid but I would argue its not there as a main meal so its not that important.
Restaurant staff were always pleasant, (One of the chefs looks like comedian Omid Djalli). quick to clear up and turn the tables around for the next guests and generally helpful.

Staff: There were some comments on here about staff. I found all the staff helpful and polite, but I did notice one thing and maybe people forget this. If you are polite and friendly the staff react politely and friendly. If you are rude expect them to be rude back.
The staff were brilliant, bar staff helpful and funny, reception always glad to help and the cleaning staff excellent.

Cleanliness: Daily change of sheets, towels replaced when you want them, rooms and balcony swept everyday, pool areas washed and power hosed every morning and night, and clean public areas. Honestly it was cleaner than some UK 4 and 5 star Hotels I've stayed in.

Rooms: Basic and functional, but your not paying for a luxury suite, your paying for a small bedroom with en-suite and a balcony.If you can get a room high up you will avoid more of the noise day and night, but even on the first floor, you'll avoid most of the noise.
One word of warning is that the walls between rooms are a little on the thin side, so don't be surprised to hear music coming from next door, or on one memorable occasion a fart!

I only went looking for the indoor pool on the last day just to say I'd seen it and knew where it was. We were more than happy with the main pool which gets the sun throughout the whole day, and on occasions the quieter smaller pool which gets the sun for about half the day. All the other amenities were of a good standard.

Entertainment is always a dodgy topic - in the art world one persons masterpiece is another persons doodle's.
By way of proof, for me the entertainment was a miss, but my youngest loved it and the wife enjoyed some of it. The eldest is a teenager so......

So all in all, excellent VALUE - and that's the key word here - VALUE!
Your not paying for a luxury spa break with food prepared by a Michelin starred chef.
So long as you remember that you'll do fine.

One word of caution, and its really the only negative and Its not even about the hotel.
Transfer time quoted on every website this hotel is advertised on is generally 1 hour.

We flew from East Midlands to Girona, total flight time 2 hours 5 min. The transfer from Girona to Royal Star took longer at 2 hours 40 mins.
On arrival that was OK as it was a nice day, the coach had air con and everyone is excited, its light and so you can see everything.

However it means that if you have the early flight back (7am flight to Birmingham, the 8am flight to E.Midlands or the 7:30am Bristol flight) you are leaving the hotel between 3am and 4am.
If you get the chance and you have the budget take a private or direct transfer - not the general coach - we wish we had.

Room Tip: Rooms over the main pool get the sun almost all day, but will be nosier through the day and night. Corner rooms have bigger balconies.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family