We decided to stay here despite reading bad reviews and we really wish we didn't. It was AWFUL. The holiday from HELL. Our room wasn't cleaned properly, there was dirt and dust at the sides of the room. The balcony was pointless as the view was in fact a brick wall. It was also a very tiny balcony with broken tiles at the edge. The blackout curtains were ripped and falling down and didn't close properly. The heater in the room was temperamental and wouldn't work when you wanted it to then suddenly would come on in the middle of the night and you would be roasting. The food was the same everyday and half of it looked inedible but actually the food was probably the best bit of the whole holiday. The all inclusive cups were plastic and jagged round the edge and discoloured. Queueing was a nightmare for buffet food and drinks as people just thought they didn't need to queue and just pushed in where they wanted. You were lucky if you could get a table at any meal time. The swimming pools were also dirty. It was actually a very long walk to the beach and to any civilisation and wasn't very well signposted. It was very loud all day and night so sleep was continually broken. The beds were really uncomfortable. Entertainment was terrible unless you were Dutch. I wouldn't advise this hotel to anyone. If you want a relaxing holiday do not stay here because you will feel like you need another holiday when you get home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star H·TOP Royal Star & SPA is a nice family oriented hotel located in the lively city of Lloret de Mar. Positioned at 10-minute walk from Fenals Beach Creek and a 15-minute walk from the town centre. The spa is a unique space to relax and enjoy the benefits of water: heated indoor pool with waterfall, hot tubs, *Turkish bath and sauna (*payment facilities for non All Inclusive guests). The hotel provides a gym, a large solarium with 2 swimming pools and kids pool, sun beds, parasols, playground, miniclub, lounge, 2 bars, restaurant, souvenir shop, meeting room, garage for bicycles and indoor payment parking. The hotel is equipped for people with reduced mobility. 397 rooms divided in 9 oors are full- equipped. Features include a private balcony for most of the rooms, individually controlled air-conditioning, heating, satellite TV, telephone, desk, safe box (for hire), wardrobe and a fully equipped bathroom with bathtub for most of the rooms, hair dryer and free toiletries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your H.TOP Royal Star & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Top Royal Star Hotel
- Royal Star Hotel Lloret De Mar
- H.TOP Royal Star & SPA Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain