This hotel was my worst 4 star holiday experience. I slept and ate much better at a 2 star hotel in France where I stopped for the night during my travel to Spain.
Room service & location - this was the only plus. The room was kept very clean and the hotel is at the beach and also at a good location for walking to the center and the shops.
Service - very disappointing - we almost had to beg for getting a parking spot (payable!), just because the receptionist was to lazy to check the availability. We also experienced the evening with the complete lack of shower/tap water mentioned in the previous review.I would have expected that in return the hotel management at least extend the evening dinner hours that night, as most people actually waited until the water was restored in order to take their shower and arrived at dinner with a delay.
Room - our room had constantly a horrible smell from the airco. Besides, the airco temperature could not be adjusted. Don't spend time searching for the TV remote control, there is none! You need to pay 10 euro at the reception in order to get one, but no one tells you about it when checking in.You get your money back when leaving, of course if you remember to bring the remote control back.
Walls are very thin, you can hear everything that from the nearby rooms. Sleep quality is therefore bad if you are a light sleeper, not to mention the noise from the street.
Food - VERY bad quality at the buffet restaurant and I am not even a big gourmand. But guess what - there IS a 2nd restaurant a la carte, that you need to discover yourself, because it is not advertised anywhere. The food there is much better, too bad we only found out about it in our last evening.
SPA - yeah, enjoy it if you can - it is only open in the hours when you are normally sun bathing at the pool or at the beach. And prices for the beauty/hair services there are a joke - I don't think anyone actually uses the paid services of the SPA - this is Spain and still the prices are as high as in Belgium.
As an example, gel nails cost 75 euro, while if you walk a bit to the centre, you can find promotions at local salons with 25 euro!
Knowing what this hotel has to offer for the money I spent there, I would definitely recommend searching for an alternative in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel facing Lloret's beach with a wellness centre and spa aimed at caring for health and beauty. The establishment also has a room for corporate events, reading area, TV room, garden terrace with sea view (with sun loungers and parasols), 4 swimming pools (3 outdoor and 1 heated, covered and with seawater) and Fitness Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rosamar & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosamar And Spa
- Rosamar Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Rosamar & Spa Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain