“Not a 5* hotel but then it's not a 5* price!”

Bolero Park Apartments
Ranked #82 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“Not a 5* hotel but then it's not a 5* price!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Just back from staying at this apartotel for my 54th birthday and must say the Club 18-30 fellow guests made me feel young again! Staff on reception couldn't have been more helpful - brought us a toaster and kettle when we asked, gave us tips for local walks and let us use the lockable store room for our luggage on the last day. The apartment was clean and provided everything we needed - even if it could do with a lick of paint, metaphorically speaking! The night life should in fact be renamed 'early morning life' as it doesn't start until midnight and goes on until 5 in the morning, but if you're a night owl this won't be a problem. The pool area is large with jacuzzi, smaller children's pool and bar. The town itself is about a 10 minute slow walk away but, beware, it is uphill coming back!

Room Tip: Ask for a high room overlooking the pool - that way you'll see the sea in the distance too!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NorthantsVixen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've just returned from a 3 night stay!! There were 8 of us there for my hen do!! I must admit we were a little nervous after readin the reviews however when we arrived we were pleasently surprise the rooms are in need of updating and taps etc are a little rusty but overall it was a lovely little place for a short break the hotel reception staff were a little grumpy at times but what do expect they work such long hours and have to deal with a lot of unruley groups!!! There is a lovely bar underneath the apartments which are run by Gary and Alexis a lovely young Scottish couple who go out of there way to make sure you have a good time so please everyone keep an open mind and don't be put off!! I feel it was excellent value for money!! And don't forget to get yourselfs don't to Regents Bar just downstairs in the apartments!! Happy Holidays :)

• Stayed June 2013
London
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were back in lloret for a second year on netball tour. We stayed at the Hotel Samba last year opposite and when we were allocated the bolero we were expecting it to be worse...... but it was in fact better.

This is not the normal sort of hotel I would stay in, its very basic, not the best facilities and isnt always the cleanest but for what we wanted was great some good points were:
1) Good Location
2) Spacious Self Catering Aparments
3) We were allowed to check in early
4) Good pool area with lots of sun beds
5) Good beach bar.
6) Reception was friendly.

Bad Points
1) The apartment wasnt cleaned once in 4 days
2) The bathroom could do with updating and is slightly moudly.
3) The outside areas need painting
4) Is very much an 18-30's holiday spot with lots of young big groups

But for a base for 4 days for partying was great. One Tip... take ear plugs, the walls let you hear everything!

Room Tip: If you have a pool view you can see the sea.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London, UK
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is very much an 18-30's hotel. You just about get what you pay for and not a thing more. Rooms are very basic and tatty around the edges but were ok for just sleeping and showering in. There was plenty of hot water. The room was just about clean when we arrived - if you didn't look too closely at the floor. The bedding and towels were clean as was the fridge and bathroom. There is no maid service here - you leave towels and sheets outside your door every 4 days and they are replaced. Rubbish is left outside your door and replaced with another black bag and that is it. Reception is 24 hours. There are 2 receptionists. The black guy is incredibly rude and not worth the bother. He tried to overcharge us for the late check out and is generally dismissive. The white guy is great so if you need anything ask him. Really felt for him as he was really trying to please a lot of unhappy guests. There is noise every night from other guests who come home usually between 2am-6am. There is no soundproofing etc so every sound travels. The walls are thin. Shouting, screaming and banging on doors. The pools are actually really nice but sadly the pool area is not cleaned so all of the rubbish collects and results in a lot of ants. There are a lot of cigarette ends etc lying around. The pool bar is good and the staff helpful. Location is ok - 10 minute walk in either direction to the bars etc. We struggled to find decent places to eat and vegetables were few and far between. The saving grace of our holiday was The regents Pub just underneath the complex. Gary and Alexis run it and are fabulous. We had great fun in there and would highly recommend visiting. You will be made very welcome and the cocktails are great!! We won't be returning to Lloret or the Bolero - it just wasn't for us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Lloret de Mar hotels

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

If you are not looking for an 18:30 hotel, then avoid this dirty hovel at all costs! I have recently returned from a horrific stay in the Bolero Park. I used to live and work in Lloret de Mar, even as a hoilday rep, so I am familiar with the hotels in the resort, and the reason I chose the Bolero Park, was that the accommodation is a one bed apartment as opposed to a room, therefore you have a separate room to relax in when the children are asleep (however relaxing is an impossibility in this place). I was travelling with my 2children, and we stayed in the Costa Encantada for our first 5 days (wonderful hotel!, also one bed apartments), & as I booked my return flights after the accommodation, they were full when I asked to extend our stay, hence ending up at the hell hole that is the Bolero. The rooms at the Bolero are filthy and the smell is horrendous - I immediately bought bleach & air freshener to mask the odour in the room. The air vents in the rooms are so clogged with filth and dirt, I don't think they've been cleaned since I first saw the rooms at the Bolero in the year it was built. The toilet flushes brown water. Looking over the balcony the area below is strewn with debris, cigarette butts & litter.
I actually went to the hotel the day before we were due to check in and specifically asked for a room suitable for 2 small children. We were placed in a room which had a group of young men next door, opposite, next to them, and on in all the rooms overlooking ours, meaning we couldn't even escape outside. There were other people staying there with small children, so perhaps despite the hotels total disregard for their guests, they should place the families on one section of the hotel and the 18-30 types in another. Simple.
I was scared in this hotel, as these young people were running riot all over the place. I called reception on numerous occasions (always between midnight & 5am) and was again met with total disinterest, I was told that security were on the floor trying to stop the parties, screaming etc, but that it was impossible and to say something in the morning - meaning more sleepless nights. This is a typical response in this hotel. As well as the intolerable noise inside the hotel, the balconies would be packed with noisy people & loud music, shouting & chanting until gone midnight, then if they went out, they would come back in drunk at 5am and start again. I don't know what or where the so-called security was/is here but it was no-existent as far as I could see. On one occasion I opened the door to tell a group to be quiet as the kids were sleeping, I was told to suck a part of his body by the vile boy.
Friends in town told me that they had had other families in the hotel complaining to them about the fact they were unable to use the pool area (the only semi-nice factor in the place, although we were also unable to use it). I feel sorry for these families, as they may not know the area, whereas we just continued to spend our days at the gorgeous Costa Encantada pool and then we moved into the beautiful Acapulco hotel, which was total luxury after the Bolero. We finally had a nights sleep and felt clean.
All I can say to any couples/ families/ people who don't like filth - AVOID AT ALL COSTS, just spend that little bit more and go to the Costa Encantada, Hotel Aquarium, Hotel Acapulco.....anywhere but the Bolero - it really is disgusting.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank E E
shotton colliery
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I booked this hotel even though there were mixed reviews on the bolero. I would not return to this hotel. We travelled as a family of 3 with our four year old child. the noise was horrendous between the hours of 11pm and 6am when young people were constantly coming and going and making so much noise. one night someone was braying on the door at 3am trying to get in the room. we went to the pool once at around 5pm thinking it wouldnt be busy but it was still full of young groups making loads of noise, i didnt feel this was a safe environment for my child to be in. the bathroom constantly had a bad smell to it from arriving and we never got maid service. we placed the towels outside the door on our 4th day and the maid simply left new ones in the bathroom. its a good job a mop and brush are provided to that i could clean it myself. one of the beds in the bedroom was constantly rocking when my child was sleeping in it, it eventually collapsed on a Sunday and when we reported it to reception we were told to wait until Monday when the maintenance man would be back at work. There is a bank upto the hotel and it was tiring pushing a child up it but at least there wasnt any surrounding noise from other hotels or bars. I would not return to this hotel even without a child as i didnt enjoy at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Donna3108
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Upon entering the foyer I felt as though I had arrived at a prison. This was the start of my 7 day sentence. The Foyer was dark and sparse and at this point I already had the urge to run in the opposite direction. We head to reception and was 'greeted' by a man behind the counter. An incredibly rude man if I'm truly honest. We gave our names and the 'receptionist' barked back a few words. I wonder why a hotel would give some one like this a customer facing role? He was rude beyond belief and undoubtedly had a chip on his shoulder about something, being stuck behind a grotty reception for 12 hours a would probably do that to you. The 'receptionist' muttered the directions to our room, throwing in some more attitude along the way. Because being rude wasn't enough.

The apartment - awful, awful, awful. I have complied a short list for your perusal:

Smell - mixture of urine and unwashed bed linen. Musky.
Walls - stained and chipped.
Windows - coming off their runners.
Shower/bath - shower curtain old and stained. Bath rusty in parts. Toilet seat broken. No hooks to hang your towels or shelves for your toiletries.

I ended up making up my bed in the lounge area as I could bear to sleep in the bedroom. Walls are paper thin and you can hear everything. Sneezing, people singing in the shower, dragging furniture around. Sometimes amusing but not at 4am.

I think I've droned too much and hopefully you can picture how your holiday would be if you were to stay here. I would recommend paying that little bit more and going somewhere with better facilities (esp those with families) If you can only afford one holiday this year don't make this your choice of accommodation. Though cheap not worth your custom.

The location was good, though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends