“:)”

Hotel Acapulco Lloret de Mar
Ranked #15 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Can I just start my review by saying how confused I am by some of the other reviews...

"There is no security or control..."

Every night when my friend and I got in, which would be around 5-6am, there would be security standing at reception checking who stayed in the hotel. If you tried to bring someone back who didn't stay there, they wouldn't be allowed in (not that my friend and I were trying to bring guys back every night but on one of our first nights we tried and the hotel told us under no circumstances were we allowed for security and....noise(?) reasons). We would get ready in our room every night to go out around 10-11pm and play music as we getting ready. Every single night we had security chapping on our door to turn it down, it wasn't even that loud!!!!! You aren't allowed to play music after midnight (understandably). They patrol the corridors listening at doors to make sure no-one is being noisy and ask you to keep the noise down, turn music off, etc. There was no noise in our corridor or people shouting or banging doors :S There was some shouting early on from balcony to balcony but this maybe stopped around 9pm as most people headed out. I am very confused by reviews of loud noise but I guess everyone's experience is different :S

The hotel rooms are, as many people have said, very clean; probably the cleanest I've been in abroad. The cleaners come round every morning and wash all the floors, change towels, etc. The lobby and restaurant are very clean also. We were full board as part of our deal. Most mornings we never made breakfast and on the two occasions that we did it was pretty standard buffet options but all very edible. The lunch and dinner was again a buffet - the food was pretty basic: chips, noodles, salad, different kinds of meat every night (cooked in front of you), spring rolls, etc. It was all edible and tasted nice. Maybe not as good as you would go out and pay for in a restaurant but it was certainly good enough for us and there was always something we could eat. There was a good range of fresh fruit after every meal also and the chefs are always on hand changing the food, making sure it's hot & filling up the containers.

I have to agree that the pool was quite small but I don't think it's too small for the amount of people as it was never overcrowded while I was there, maybe a lack of sunloungers but we just sat with our feet in the pool or next to the cafe/bar. The pool is also the cleanest I've found.

The staff at the hotel were nothing but friendly to us, some of them even liked a joke and a laugh. They was always someone at reception who was helpful and could answer anything you wanted to know. One day I lost my key for my suitcase and a handyman came up within about 15 minutes to break the lock for me. Another time we slept in through the maids chapping on the doors and when we went down to reception, many hours later (we'd been sleeping for most of the day), they sent someone up at night to give us clean towels and toilet roll, no trouble at all.

The hotel is very central and only 1-2 minutes walk from all the strip and about a 5 minute walk from the beach.

I would definately recommend this hotel to both families and young people. I think the hotel is probably a mixture of about half and half. If you are young though and want to be having really wild nights then you can't do that in this hotel but by all means stay here during the day, get ready - you can play music at a reasonable level and have a drink in your room - and then head out for Lloret's fantastic night life. We tended to just go back to other people's hotels or...we spent a night sleeping on the beach and hanging around the strip :) When we came back to our hotel we knew it was a safe environment where we could rest and sleep during the day in preparation for another night out and have a decent meal.

All in all - excellent value for money and really enjoyed my time here!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Acapulco Lloret de Mar

Reviewed August 27, 2010

stayed in the hotel for two weeks found the food in the hotel very good a wide selection for all tastes very well cooked and never had a bad meal, the room was very clean and the maid was very good, the first week we had a group of three french lads next door, could not fault them in any way very polite and respected others when they came in late, then on the second week three german lads moved in total ignorant and typical german loud noisy and very badly behaved they had no respect banging doors when they came in even seen them one morning in the restaurant and they made a show of them selves in there. apart from them i would recomend the hotel for all ages we are not personally party people but did not find it a problem with the night noise found when you closed your balcony door you could not hear the street noise would go back no problem, other parts of the hotel very clean good location nice pool area

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We took a long weekend break with Ferris Coaches for around £300 for both of us, so the hotel and travel were very good value, but you need to be young for this hotel, so oldies beware. The hotel is clean and the staff really efficient and friendly, in fact one of the best we have ever encountered. The twin room we had was very small, but clean and had a nice ensuite and storage. However this hotel is very noisy, mainly full of young groups, not a problem if you are just using this hotel as a base, but the pool are is where it fails miserably, it is to small for the amount of people in the hotel, the sunbeds are practically overlapping the pool and are very close together so it is hard to get into the pool at all. It is a wonder that no one was killed in this pool, people and kids just leap in kamakaze style bombarding anyone who is actually in the water and no staff are on hand to help the situation, don't let the photos of the pool fool you, it is small and dangerous. You would have to be of olympic sprinter standard to obtain a sun lounger, they are claimed by people claiming them on the way home from a night clubbing.
The food, whilst probably edible, isn't at all appertizing, so we ate out for the 3 day stay, there isn't much choice and what is on offer is very basic and poor quality.
The noise in the corridors and outside is very loud, don't get me wrong, we like a bit of noise and it is a young resort, but there is no control or security in the hotel, so everyone just runs amok. The doors were constantly being knocked on by the youngsters trying to gain access to each others rooms, our door was even knocked on for 2 nights, perhaps I should of answered it, as a 50year old granny, I would have probably dampened his ardour for the duration and scared him for life, still, I resisted temptation and he lives to enjoy himself for another day.
In short, this hotel is a good clean hotel, but not for young families or the older generation, it is basically a 16 to 24 year old paradise, so please beware when booking. By the way, the DonJuan is just as bad, no worse, so don't go there neither. If you are going to Llort for a week and want a bit more out of your stay, go at least 4 star, you get what you pay for. Best wishes and have a happy holiday.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2010

This hotel is in a great location, off the main strip in lloret but not to far to walk to the beach/bars.Cleaning service was great/everyday.All staff were so helpful and friendly all the time. I went half board and the breakfast was impressive yet evening meal was basic but still nice especially for the price we paid.Hotel lobby/bar area so clean and tidy, outside pool area was small but i never fought for a sun lounger/spot in the pool!!!the room and bathroom were good sizes, one minor thing was there is no air con and there was a bit of noise from bars but nothing to hinder sleep!!lloret is an amazing holiday destination for people who want a friendly, busy resort packed full of activities to do, only a bus ride from Barcelona.I will definately be visiting this hotel again!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends