“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #80 of 127 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Arrived 30th September for a 5 night stay were allocated our room even though we arrived at 11.30am were told where to get snacks and drinks prior to lunch, our room 401 was lovely could see the sea, very clean they have done a superb refurb. Meals very nice meat and fish cooked fresh nice salad bar and always lots of fresh fruit. There were some guests that spoilt the peace and quite namely german lads !!! On monday a coach arrived with 64 serbian youths on board all i can say is the germans could learn lessons from these kids 14 & 15 year olds they respected other guests ate quietly cleaned up after themselves and kept themselves to themselves. The only gripe would be that there were'nt enough staff who by the way worked very hard while we were there. And yes would not hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Christine A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2012

dIisrace from we arrived lovely hotel but very ignorant i went with 8 friends for my 40TH BIRTHDAY the bar was a DISCRACE AN THE GIRL WOULD ONLY GIVE US HALF PINTS OF BEER AFTER TRYING 2 EXPLAIN 2 HER WHAT WE WANTED she never spoke ENGLISH they wouldnt let us IN FOR LUNCH EVEN THO WE ARRIVED AT 1.0CLOCK AN WE HAD PAID FOR ALL INCLUSSIVE HOLIDAY an awful lot of money I ASKED FOR A COCKTAIL AN SHE COULDNT UNDERSTAND ME SO I POINTED WHAT I WANTED IN MY DRINK AN SHE TRY 2 CHARGE ME 8 EURO EVEN THO THE DRINKS I WANTED IN MY COCKTAIL WERE ON THE DRINKS LIST WE WERE ALLOWED that was the last straw for me so i went down for my dinneran i wasnt allowed in there either even tho there was seats DISCRACE DISCRACE DISCRACE so i went up 2 my room leaving 2 of my friends still there after about an hour n half i got a knock at the door as i got up 2 open it 2 fellas walked in my room asking me 2 leave the hotel so i went down 2 reception 2 see what was going on an they had 2 of my friends arrested saying they broke 2 glasses an a chair an the girl came at me with a pair of scissors an cut my wristband of me an told me we had 2 leave the hotel no1 would listen 2 any of us even tho we were all in bed sleeping we were thrown out for nothing at all worst holiday ever ruined my 40th birthday an we had 2 book in2 another hotel beside it hotel athenne which cost us over another 1000 pounds they didnt want us there 2 begin with any1 going 2 med sands please dnt u will b let down an awful lot med sands thanx for ruining my 40th birthday trip the hotel was a discrace an 8hrs an thrown out while we were asleep in our beds IM PUSHING THIS AS FAR AS I POSSIBLY CAN NO1 SHOULD B TREATED THIS WAY THE DOGS IN THE STREET WERE TREATED BETTER AN IM LETTING EVERY1 KNOW HOW ILL TREATED WE WERE TREVOR JOHN BELFAST

Room Tip: dnt choose this hotel please u have been warned very ignorant ppl who dnt want 2 help u or even list...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank trevorjohn250972

Travelers are raving about these Lloret de Mar hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Myself and my partner had the misfortune of booking up to this Hotel for a week from the 25th July 2012. It has taken this long to write a review as we were attempting to gain some kind of recognition/compensation from the Holiday operator and didn't want to jeapordise that in any way by writing on a public forum.

Frustratingly we have not had any success in gaining any sort of recognition that something was amiss when we stayed, so I will share our experience now.

We arrived at the Hotel and were very pleasantly surprised with the decor and general cleanliness of the place. We had read they had just been through a renovation of the building and were suitably impressed. We arrived at night so were met by the night receptionist who seemed like a friendly guy. We were basically signed in, given our all inclusive bands and that was it. We werent told where our room was, where the lift/stairs were or where any fire escapes were either. The information we got was very limited indeed.

Despite this we found our own way up to the room and we were again delighted to see our room was very nicely decorated and clean. We really thought we had hit the jackpot.

We then headed down to the basement where we found the all inclusive food hall. There seemed to be a half decent selection of food. Although some of it was cold and it seemed as though it had been lying out for a while. We didn't realise this until we had eaten it of course.

The next day we went to the pool, which had no music or atmosphere at all which we were a little disappointed with. We noted they had speakers installed round the pool, so we assumed that they would be turned on later in the afternoon or perhaps in the evening. This wasn't the case and the pool remained quiet for the entire day.

At around 1400 on our first day in Lloret I began to feel very unwell and had to return to the room. All I will say is that I had the symptoms of food poisoning. Stomach cramps, sickness, the works. A very unpleasant day and night were spent by myself which at the time I possibly thought was caused by something I had eaten. The next day I began to feel better, myself and my partner continued eating from the all inclusive selection.

The second night of our holiday, my partner began to feel unwell, with the same symptoms as I had had the previous day/night. We had been out to a local restaurant but as she was feeling so unwell we had to return to the Hotel where she experienced exactly the same night I had endured the previous night. We did not think anything sinister until we got down to the pool the next day.

We spoke daily to a young couple from Newcastle who had come on holiday with their two young sons had been very ill with the same symptoms we had. We spoke to a Welsh family who had arrived the day before us, and had all been ill with the same thing. Finally, we spoke to a middle aged couple from Southern England who had been so ill that they had to wear socks on their hands as gloves to keep warm in their room. They also requested blankets which they did not get straight away. They had also packed their things to go home 2 days before they were due to leave as they had such a rotten time. A Swedish family arrived at the Hotel, heard what had been going on from other residents, and immediately moved elsewhere in Lloret.

Pretty much everyone we spoke to had been affected by this sickness and diarrhoea bug.

With absolutely no acknowledgement from the Hotel themselves. Or the Holidaybrokers since we came home. Exasperated!!!

During all of this, communication was non existent. We did not hear anything from the Hotel themselves - even when a local Doctor was called to the Hotel to see the amount of ill people. The only way we heard about this visit from the Doctor was a few days later from other residents who had been ill. Myself and my partner took it in turns to go to the local Pharmacy to get the necessary medication to aid our ailments.

This was almost certainly caused by something we had all consumed in the Hotel - but when we complained when we got home to our holiday supplier we were told that it sounded like 'something we had contracted before we got to the Hotel'. Surely too much of a coincedence considering we had not come into contact with these people at all in the first couple of days. We were also told from other holidaymakers that tests were carried out on water supplies and the kitchens but were never told of the results of these tests. The very fact that 'tests' were required at all should really have alarm bells ringing for anyone reading this with a holiday booked there.

This coupled with no entertainment at all (music even!), a very limited bar stock for all inclusive, no communication from Hotel staff throughout the epidemic - thats what it was - made it a thoroughly miserable experience for us.

If anyone is reading this and was there at the same time I would love to hear from you and what has happened since you got home with regards complaints.

We had an absolutely awful experience with this Hotel.

AVOID AVOID AVOID!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DannyS85
Essex
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We spent a week in the Mediterranean Sands (previously called Hotel Dex), at the end of August, for one week. The hotel is newly refurbished, very clean and in a good location despite only a few rooms having a sea view. The location is brilliant as the hotel is very close to the sea and the promenade. On our first night we were awoken about 4am in the morning due to a burst water pipe and the staff were "hoovering" water away from the corridors.The loud (and I mean loud) noise went on for over an hour. There was no formal acknowledgement of the disruption or apology from the management. We stayed half board, the breakfast was poor but adequate the evening meal was hot, well cooked with a limited choice. The bread was stale every day except one. The restaurant was very crowded, with few staff. The tablecloth's were shaken off and reused. I burnt my arm on the toaster-no written warnings on the toaster. The only staff member who spoke to us was the cleaner. Restaurant staff did not speak to guests.
Our greatest complaint is fire safety procedures. There were no notices in the rooms of Fire Procedures and no number for reception should there be an emergency. Very early one morning an alarm sounded. It went on for up to half an hour. Given that there was no written information guests did not know if it was a fire alarm. The hotel was not evacuated. I went to reception and was told it was a false alarm. Staff behind the desk said they had checked the area identified by the fire board and there was no fire. When I asked why guests were not being evacuated I was told that I could leave and was shown the door. We subsequently complained to the Manager who explained there were two alarms, one was a warning and staff checked the area and then if a fire was found another alarm would sound and the hotel was then evacuated. I asked how guests would know this, as there were no fire notices in the room, he assured me that this would be addressed. However, I believe that this system puts guests in danger and is inadequate how would anyone know if an alarm was a "real fire" or a false alarm. Of particular concern if you were on the 7th Floor or were vulnerable e.g. children, elderly or disabled. I have complained to Media Travel with whom we booked our holiday but have not received a response. We also went to local council to complain but they were on holiday and shut.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ingeniousEssex
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here for a week all inclusive in September, 5 of us, me and other half, my brother and his other half and our mum. We arrived late morning, and our rooms where still being cleaned so we had about 20 minutes wait, but reception was comfortable and we didn't mind the wait.

The hotel is in the quiet end of town, away from the neon and the noise but its only a 10 minute walk to the main drinking strip, if thats what you are after or there are some quieter bars and resturants near by.

The rooms were a decent size and the bathrooms were great, we had a huge shower! The rooms were cleaned daily and the towels changed, thought the sheets were only changed once but this really wasn't an issue for us. The aircon worked well.

The hotel has been completely refurbished, its very clean and functional, the staff are helpful and friendly and although we didn't chat to them much they where quite happy to chat to people.

The food was average, what you expect for a 3 star spanish buffet resturant, every day there was at least 3 dishes to choose from, plus another meat of some sort cooked in front of you as well as fresh fish, and plenty of salads to go with them. There was plenty to choose to drink though no cocktails on the all inclusive. We ate their a fair amount and there was always food avliable from the set meal times to snack foods like pizza's and burgers.

We found most of the people in the hotel were couples, only 1 group of teenage boys who were a pain on the first night but were brought under control by the hotel staff and we never really noticed them after that.

I do think it is a little unfair that this hotel is still attached to its old name on trip advisor, it has been complely updated, so in my mind you can only go on the reviews since the upgrade

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view or at least pool side, the other side looks on the a service road
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Claire197505
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2012

A grand shiny white lobby greeted us, and it turned out to be in character with the rest of the recent refurbishments which make this hotel pleasing to the eye as well as functional. It certainly ticked all the boxes, we were pleased to find that:
- it is very close to the beach
- it has a great pool with sufficient sunbeds and an attractive wooden decking
- it is clean
- it has comfortable, simple rooms with balcony overlooking the pool
- it has great shower and bathroom set-up
- there was a good range of food, mostly very tasty

We hadn't been on an all inclusive holiday before and admittedly our expectations were quite low, but we were pleasantly surprised by the place and would recommend it to anyone looking for a restful, enjoyable holiday. Mediterranean Sands was fantastic value for money and we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Diana B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Postives-Hotel near the beach
Negatives- 10mins walk from nightlife/ Food boring and repeated constantly.
Not enough room restaurant to swing a cat (had to squeeze my way around chairs/tables)
Drink alchol selection awful (about 5 drinks to choose from)- been to spain all inc 8 times and drinks are usually decent
NO ENTERTAINMENT AT ALL-MORE ENTERTAINMENT IN A CEMETARY!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family