“Good Hotels still Exist....Services/Price..."I'll be back..."” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Marsol

Hotel Marsol
Ranked #28 of 127 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Montreal, Canada
“Good Hotels still Exist....Services/Price..."I'll be back..."”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Usually I am unlucky when it comes to hotel services (or hotels in general) especially in a so busy touristic place as Lloret del Mar but for once I had a great experience.
I did not know what to expect especially when you travel alone but when I arrived I was like wow…the hotel is greatly situated you cannot get better than that just across from the beach (1 min across)…, and very central.
-It was so busy when I got there but the front desk was smiley and pleasant.
Passport, confirmation number in hand and hop hop I had my room number and the receptionist was also kind enough to give me a map and directions to some spots I had noted earlier that I wanted to go to despite all the waiting crowd…
-I guess it is because the staff personnel is kind and very helpful that some of the waiting clients get frustrated for waiting but when it comes their turn they take more time than others and still remain unhappy…Some people are never satisfied.
-The room was great and very causy and comfi. I have been to another hotel in Lloret and boy the AC “is seasonal” it works from August to September but here in Marsol it was 24/7 (put your key in and hop it goes on)
-The cuisine is pretty good, of course it is not Maxim in Paris but still is well assorted. A good menu, drinks..the works and you can have a cocktail or beer (or both which I did) on their terasse …
- I guess my review is long but it is because I would like to give what is to Cesar to Cesar and what is to God to God…and to the staff of Marsol I give a big thank you…and sure I will be back…

Room Tip: -Front view spectacular; -the heigher the better...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Tuus_Sempre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Slovak first
Pleasanton, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Hotel Marsol is overpriced, has no AC, no fan, parking is 26 Euro per day and a 15 min walk away. It noisy until 5:00AM. The rooms are very small. The beach is overcrowded and the sand is coarse. I am glad I had to stay only 2 nights in this town/hotel. Questionable class of people in this town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank G S

Travelers are raving about these Lloret de Mar hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Hotel location is just perfect. I could not believe how centrally located this hotel was, right opposite the beach minutes away. Then we tried to check in! Well I say TRIED because we were asked to wait 10 mins, ha ha! Actually 50 mins whilst the desk receptionist typed in our passport details into her system... seriously my 10 yr old could have done it faster.

Anyway we finally got our room cards, dumped our bags and belongings and went to the beach much to our surprise when we got back later that evening that all our cash had been stolen from in our room, from within our personal belongings DISGUSTING it still sends a shiver up my spine to think some dirty nasty piece of work has been through my personal belongings and had seen my face on ID but I don’t know who s/he is.

Great start to our wkend :(
We reported it to the reception manager/hotel manager and (lack of communication) he assumed we were accusing his hotel staff so extremely loud and aggressive towards us.

Hold on I’m confused? Who’s the victim? We went to the Police St and had a report written and now 1 week later still await a reply from the Hotel with regards to where the investigation has reached?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Deepa P
DIRECCION12, Relacion con el Cliente at Hotel Marsol, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Deepa P,

Unfortunately, in recent weeks, there have been a series of robberies in different hotels in Lloret de Mar, with the same Modus Operandi: They have entered the hotel with a device, possibly homemade, with which they opened the doors to the rooms. The Police are still investigating, so, much to our regret, we cannot give you an answer about how the investigation is processing. No doubt that when we have any news, we will contact you with the resolution of it.
There have been some totally exceptional circumstances within the establishment, that have really turned into an unpleasant stay for yourselves, and we understand this, after what happened. At the time, we tried to put ourselves in your position, and for this we looked for a solution to compensate yourselves in some way, providing the safe without cost and full board for the 5 rooms that were occupied, even though only two rooms were affected, in an attempt to make this more bearable for yourselves. With the intention that you would try to enjoy the remainder of your holiday.
we are very sorry, that our efforts to please and give a good service to you, were not enough. We would hope for an early resolution of this case, and we reiterate of our sincere apologies to those who were affected by these circumstances.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed here before and it was good but now, the front desk staff is rude and unhelpful. The breakfast has gone way downhill in quality.

The best part was the location and the staff in the bar/restaurant. The food there was good. We ended up buying breakfast there in the mornings rather than eat the free breakfast upstairs.

In our room the lamp on the wall by the bed was sideways and loose.
The manager handled one situation that the front desk staff had treated with no concern. The nights were a bit chilly and the maid had removed the extra blankets from the room. The lady at the front desk acted like that was no big deal and she would get around to handling it whenever she was ready to.

I am not that picky but I will never stay here again. My wife who had lived in Lloret de Mar over 20 years was also disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms in front have a view but there is a lot of noise from people partying on the street below.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PandRC
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from an enjoyable week’s holiday in Lloret. The hotel while be excellent in many ways does not cater for the disabled with 12 steps from the entrance door to the reception desk. There appears to be no way for a person in a wheelchair can get into the building.
The hotel location is excellent right on the front with street cafes right outside. The other good points were the bedroom and the cleanliness excellent in fact everywhere we went in the hotel was clean and tidy. There were plenty of food choices which must cater for all tastes though we did find it odd that the fried eggs and bacon were cold.
One other complaint was the lack of English programmes on the television you get rather tired looking at news programmes.
The people we dealt with on reception were always very helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ted-pools
Warsash, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Cold called as not many hotels open at this time of year. Right on the front at Lloret. It was excellent value at €58 per night with breakfast. Room was fine. Breakfast OK. 24 Hr reception and the bar appears to stay open as long as there are quests around.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank markeymark01984
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Scores high on the interior of rooms and cleanliness, menu choice and food quality at all meal times were very good. Reception staff and room service staff were very friendly and helpful.
Only a few rooms towards the front of the hotel have a balcony, all other rooms have no balconies with a very restricted view looking out onto very small side roads, very rough looking roofs of adjoining buildings and hotel service areas.Local pub at the side of building produced lots of shouting and music disturbance until the early hours of the morning. The local church bell clock chimes can be heard quite loudly in the room throughout 24 hrs, even with the window closed and restricts ones sleep during the night. Bar and Dining room staff could be a little more customer friendly.No entertainment was provided during our stay and the bar prices are excessive. For those with a car there is a complete lack of car parking facilities. Taking account of charges and what one receives I do not believe that this hotel deserves four stars. I would suggest that those looking to holiday in Lloret look for alternatives, .

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple