“A week's not long enough”
Review of Hotel Augusta Club

Hotel Augusta Club
Ranked #25 of 125 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Buxton
“A week's not long enough”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Just returned from a coach holiday to Lloret. Journey tiring, but wonderful scenery !! Hotel was all we could have hoped for. Rooms a little on the small side but clean and comfortable. A brisk walk had us down on the front in about 10 minutes, but usually took a lot longer, window shopping, sight seeing etc. Food in the hotel was varied and plentiful, we sometimes had to wait for a table at dinner, but so what ! When one became available we were given our "all inclusive" bottle of wine and escorted there. Loved the salad bar and the "show cooking". Breakast was also varied, lots of choice, including the Catalolian speciality, the ingredients for tomato bread to assemble yourself. Yummy. The staff were all helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms are either pool side or street side. We were street side and got the sun in the morning. Pool...
13 Thank agedequestrian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Having read other reviews (after I'd booked!) I was a little anxious about staying here but there was no need - we got a clean, polite service and a good holiday for £285pp HB!

I stayed half board at the Augusta Club with my boyfriend. We are in our late twenties and although we like a drink, are not massive party animals. The majority of the hotel guests during our stay were 55+, which we didn't mind as we wanted to stay somewhere quiet, as opposed to a place full of Club 18-30 types. There are plenty of other hotels in Lloret if you are looking for that sort of thing anyway!

The hotel served well as a clean, quiet base, it's about a 5 minute walk from the beach, with a supermarket and great bakery practically on the doorstep, the bus station is about 2 mins walk from the front door, where the free bus runs to the water park half hourly, and there are frequent daily buses to Barcelona as well as BCA and GIR airports. The only slight criticism is that three sides of the hotel are small roads/alleyways that may be a little creepy to walk down on your own at night!

The food is an eat-all-you-like buffet for all meals, there is a separate hotplate for vegetarians which also makes pancakes and omelettes to order at breakfast (which I missed for the first four days as it was hidden at the back of the room!) and it's typical of Spanish hotels I have stayed in before - reasonable quality, reasonable selection but never going to win a Michelin star (But it doesn't claim to, and if it's gastro food you want, why are you staying in Lloret anyway?! Spend the extra and holiday in Barcelona!) Drinks are extra, and I admit that I think water ought to be included as a minimum.

Air con is included but the safe is extra, the room was basic (no hairdryers/drinks facilities/minibars etc) but clean and bright with a modern scheme.

I probably won't go back to Lloret, but if I did I would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool
14 Thank SmileyHappyGirl
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I am on my mothers account and I went on holiday with my school to Spain and the hotel overall was great we did have a few incidents with the hotel cleaners where they moved our stuff around but overall it was great we came in a big group but we did not feel like we were the odd ones out we had a great experience in this hotel i must admit the drinks and snacks were very pricey but everything there was. Many reviews I have read have said that this hotel was not good but I beg to differ many things about this hotel was great. The swimming pools (both inside and out) were big and were not crowded the lobby was large and quite grand the beds were very comfy and the rooms were quite small with the basic essentials and nothing more. The bathrooms did not have a lock but neither did the balcony but there was a telly although you could only get English subtitles.
I would happily stay there again if i had too but would choose a different hotel above this one. I would recommend it for the older range of people but also good for family's.

Room Tip: south rooms have a better view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank jomcgrace
Weston-super-Mare, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We have returned from this hotel this morning, and overall we were very disappointed. The rooms didn't have a fridge for essentials such as water, there were no coffee/tea making facilities in the room - the only way to have this was to pay 2 Euros in the bar each. The hotel stated the rooms had a hairdryer, they don't and we had to pay a 20 Euro deposit to have one.
I hired a car and enquired about parking at the hotel, and they wanted 15 Euros per day - when there was free parking nearby.
We went half-board, so we had our breakfast and dinner included. The food was of a mediocre standand, very repetitive and finally became an insult to our digest systems.
The 'entertainment' consisted of a man next to an mp3 playing laptop and a single speaker - if you like Tina Turners Simply The Best then you're in for a treat most nights.
My girlfriend came downstairs at 5am as she was very dehydrated and needed water, when she asked the man on reception he abruptly stated 'the bar is closed'.
We came home today and enjoyed the simple luxuries a 4 star hotel should have.

Room Tip: Try a 5 star hotel
5 Thank Mathew P

Travelers are raving about these Lloret de Mar hotels

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2011

After recentling returning home from what was the most uncomfortable week of our lives, we were extactic to have simple luxuries such as water with our meals and a bathroom that locked. The staff were rude to us and we feel we were victimised for our age, being the only young residents at the hotel. Upon apprival we recieved no welcome or friendly face, and were made to wait for an hour extra because our rooms were still not ready. Our room did not have a fridge for water, the air con and heating were broken, the toilets flush often broke and the doors did not lock. Our room wasnt cleaned once even though we left the sign on the door, cleaners walked into our rooms without knocking, waking us up. However, their only attempt at cleaning our tidy room, we were left with an empty bin, unchanged sheets and damp towels, with dirty floors and surfaces. This was not acceptable. We were forbidden to bring water into the crowded dining area as we refused to pay around 2euros for a bottle they provided and as we went half board we thought this would be included. The food was average and the male waitors were VERY friendly to the point of each memeber were asked frequyently to retire in their bed. The recpeption staff were horrible and charged my friend 95euros for one, already stained, bedsheet, for getting a small mark of nail polish on. When we finally left the hotel, and handed our keys, their negative attiitude towards us continued as any form of customer service clearly did not apply to us. A memeber of our group left a coat and we asked them to post it, prepared to pay for the cost of 30euros (resonable). However, a month later whilst checking her bank statement my friend has been charged 200euros and the coat may be 'lost in the post'!! Overall, this hotel was by far, employing the rudest staff and worst sercvice provided we have ever experienced. We would highly not reccomend this to any other person as we do not wish them to have the same torture inflicted on them, as we did on us.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
9 Thank Danni W
Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I am working as a travel agent and I read a lot of reviews about this hotel before to send the first clients here. To be honest afterI reading some of the malevolent reviews I was quite fearful about what this hotel can offer. But my experience guided me to decide for it based on the fact that this world has a lot of people that are exaggerating and that are expecting 5* comfort for 25 Euro/night.

Before August 2011 I already had about 10 families that stayed here. None of them was dissapointed, some of them were very satisfied, some of them said just ...good/OK.

But this summer (25 of August - 1 of September) I stayed here and I will try to make a profesional/real review:
Price: a joke (25.30 Euro/person/night with HalfBoard)
Location: If you are 16-25 or over 60 years maybe is not the best location. It is about 800 meters from the beach, 250 meters from the Bus Terminal and center of Lloret. But for me and my friends (30-45 years) was perfect because it was far enough (300-400 meters) from the the very noisy clubbing area of Lloret and we could sleep when we desired and it was also very close from everything we need (clubs, shops, busses, etc).
Two minuses can be: NO hairdryer in the room but you can get one from reception with 10 Euro guarantee, some of the rooms can have view over the other neighboring buildings ...
Reception: Great, huge, one of the best that I saw in Costa Brava
Staff: Friendly, helpfull, most of them speak a average/good English
Rooms: Small (maximum 11sqm) but with good furniture and very clean (daily cleaning service). Most of the bad reviews invoked the small rooms. But who is so stoopid to stay more than 5-8 hours from 24 in a room from a Lloret de Mar hotel??? For 5/6 hours of sleep the room is huge.
Food: excellent (excepting maybe the breakfast that was quite the same)
Facilites: quite small outdoor swimming pool (but private, peacefull and clean), the same thing about the indoor swimming pool

Global opinion: If you are not planning to have some parties in your room and if you want to sleep when you want and to feel the music only when you desire ... than this place is a great place. Of course that in a different resort (not Lloret de Mar) would be great if the hotel would be located on the beach. But not here and not for our age ...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
10 Thank c_belei
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I'd say hotel was average, food fills u up but lack of taste, if you get room facing garden you are lucky cuz others just had rough views. Very small garden not enough for every1 to sit down in evening so end up using sunbeds or other way round in day time not enough sunbeds so end up using chairs to sunbath (best to walk to beach). Staff ok but can get grumpy at times specially in morning, nyt time bar staff really jolly. If i wanted to go for cheap holiday I'd deff go back as Barcelona is only 1h away very easy to find things to do bus station few steps away also supemarkets, I'd say easiest option to go self catering to Lloret de Mar. Watch out for ppl in street trying to get u in clubs, such thing as free entry dont exist!!! Place is full of drunken teenagers so not so relaxing.

Room Tip: garden view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple