“Good Value in a Quiet area”

GHT Oasis Park & SPA
Ranked #22 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Good Value in a quiet area, friendly staff with very good facilities. It has a 3/4 length swimming pool with plenty of activities for both adults and children. Its only a 10-15 min walk to the busier bar and restaurant area and about the same to both Fennel and Llorett beaches.

The only criticism and its only a small one, was for the size of the hotel the wi-fi, although free had a very poor signal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Wiggyhub
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear guest,
Thanks for your comments in Trip Advisor. We are so pleased with it. Do not hesitate to contact us for your following reservations. Hope to see you soon. Sincerely

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Just arrived back from a weeks all inclusive stay at the Oasis Park. A little apprehensive after reading some reviews but we found many of the negatives to be unfounded.
Location
Firstly, the hotel is located in Fenals, not Lloret. This is a bonus! It is definitely a family resort and Fenals is much quieter and less 'neon' than its neighbour, Lloret. We liked being 8 - 10 minutes to Fenals beach yet only a 15-20 minute walk from Lloret beach. Nearby you have two supermarkets, one across the road to the left of the property and one 2 minutes further, by heading up and across the main road.
Both beaches are shale, not sand, but we didn't mind this as I don't particularly like sand on my feet! The Fenals beach has a couple of ice cream huts and some small restaurants on the front. If you want more shops and commercial food Lloret is better.
We were all inclusive. This consists of Breakfast 7.30 - 9.45 / Lunch 1pm to 3pm / Evening meal 7-9pm all served in the first floor restaurant. In addition to this there is a small snack bar (part of the main bar on the main level of the hotel) this serves food from 10-12.30 and 4pm to around 6.30. The snack bar serves pizza / chips / pasta and a meat which varies, e.g. hot dog / burger / breaded chicken fillet or a fish. In addition there is a small salad selection. The snack bar is not self service and serves quite small portions, however you are not limited to how many times you can visit. We sometimes missed breakfast but would get some pasta just before noon. Fine for me but not quite substantial enough for my husband. I don't understand why the salad area of the snack bar is not self service, seems silly that you aren't able to add your own salad to your food!
The food in the main restaurant is ok. I don't envy them having to cater for so many different nationalities. We found that having a walk around all the different food stations prior to choosing helped us to be more creative and find something we liked.
Breakfast was continental, the hot plate / grill would vary each morning between meat (e.g bacon / sausage) to eggs and omelettes. Cereals, juices and hot drinks also available regardless of the board basis you were staying on.
Lunch and evening meals were similar to each other. The grill would have a selection of meats or fish or vegetables. We had a variety such as king prawn / Mediterranean veg / chicken fillet / pork fillet and sometimes it was beef or veal.
In addition there was always a pasta and then a couple of 'wet' dishes such as fish in a sauce or meat in a sauce. There was a salad bar which had the same main salad items each day, plus a few salads that changed such as pasta salads and mixed bean salads.
We never tried the desserts but my son had the little pots of ice creams.
Drinks
If you are all inclusive your drinks are included in between 10am until 11pm. In the main restaurant those not all inclusive had to pay for their drinks although if you purchased a bottle of wine they would put a label around the neck so that you could finish it the following night.
Most drinks were included in the all inclusive, they make it clear what is included as they display a list at the bar which includes spirits, soft drinks, house wine, sangria and the house cocktail (sex on the beach). Also they state at check-in that there is a rule of one drink per all inclusive. We queried this as I don't agree that my six year old son should go to the bar, but they confirmed that he would have to! We found that in reality this was not the case. The bar staff (once they'd seen you a couple of times) would allow you two alcoholic drinks and one non-alcoholic drink which suited us fine.
My only gripe with the hotel was with the drinks, if you are all inclusive you pay the premium to be so, yet you don't receive the same service. The staff will wait on everyone else yet aren't allowed to wait on the all inclusive guests. Also, you aren't allowed to use the pool bar, you have to go up the steps to the outdoor part of the main bar (the all inclusive part). I can't understand why they don't just allow you to use any bar! Also, so that the staff can distinguish between those who are All inclusive and those who aren't you are given plastic glasses, I agree with plastic glasses by the pool but not in the evening venue, this needs to be changed. You wear a band to distinguish you, you don't need plastic glasses too!
Entertainment / kids club
We found the kids club very poor. The miniclub was supposed to be on 11 until 12 everyday but it never seemed to open. I'd advertise it as having an entertainments team rather than a kids club. We've stayed with Thomson hotels in the past or with the Golden hotel chain where it is more of a structured kids club where they get signed in and signed out.
The entertainments team do try to get everyone involved. By the pool there would be water polo or aqua aerobics etc everyday and at the evening there would be an evening kids disco from 9.30 pm until 10pm, same songs each night but the kids loved it!
The evening entertainment was generally ok. Bearing in mind that there are so many nationalities that they need to please. We don't book hotels for the entertainment but the two shows that we did watch, the karate style show and the magic show were both good. The shows would start at 10pm until 11pm.
Vicinity
It is a quiet resort, perfect for families. You can head down hill, towards fenals beach (turn left) and there are a few bars and souvenir shops or head right up and over the hill and there is a busier atmosphere in Lloret, although I probably wouldn't recommend those with young children heading into Lloret beyond 10pm. It was a very 'young' resort.
Around the corner from the hotel, next to the Himalayan restaurant (turn right) is an English Family sports bar called Buzby's, they have all sports channels and are very friendly towards families. They helped direct us to the Lloret market (Tuesday's, head left as you get into lloret) and also were kind enough to lend us a buggy as our son was exhausted with the heat.
Rooms
Small but large enough for us. We emailed ahead to request a pool view, we received one but of the wrong pool!! We were facing the sister hotel's pool next door, the Aquarium! the balconies are an ok size and most can see the sea in the distance. Air con is free and the towels are changed daily.
Other items that I think are worth mentioning.
Hotel has a small soft play area which is great for an excuse to get the children out of the sun, it also has a small children's games room with air hockey, pool tables and some coin machines.
Gym - really good little gym but I didn't take my kit. Also has a little spa which consists of a drench bucket / steam shower and steam room. A tip is to use the toilets in there during the day, they are much nicer than the ones under the waterfall.
Other guests - be warned that some of the other nationalities don't do queuing, this includes at the lifts / at the bar and the food service points. It is definitely survival of the fittest but just stand your ground!!
Sunbeds - yes they get reserved by towels, two of the days we were next to four reserved ones between 10 until 3pm which never had anyone one them.
Pools - Good, two pools, one has a shallow children's area sectioned off, plus there is a hot tub but it is always full of children but they were always well behaved.
Would we go back - probably however we like to try new places. Would I recommend it - Yes.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view, we emailed ahead. Even numbers face the main pool on the main stretch of the ho...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank linzijtravels
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear guest,
What a complete description of the hotel!! Thanks for taking the time and doing it.
I’m glad to know that overall you had a nice stay at our hotel. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just had a week all inc as meeting up with friends and family. Rooms clean but v small, couldn't access the free wifi unless you were in the reception area, which as i was staying there alone i eould have preferred to be anle to access it in my room and they gave you plastic glasses for all drinks. They should decide whether the whole hotel is all inc, as considering it wasn't cheap they left you feeling like you shouldn't be there and everything was all too much trouble. On the plus side the resort is excellent and will definitely return to visit my friends who live there

• Stayed: July 2013
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Sue,
Thanks for your comments. This is the first year that we have the all inc in our hotel, we are still improving, thanks for your comprehension. Hope to see you soon and give you a perfect vacation.
Don’t hesitate to check our web site to obtain the best prices and promotions.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

No real complaints about this hotel, very modern and clean. Check in was very fast and rooms very clean. Were cleaned on a daily basis. Hair dryer in all rooms but no fridges. Was my first time in spain, hospitality was not great compared to other countries I have visited but whatever you needed got done efficiently.
We discovered our balcony door was broken on the first night and did not lock, called reception, someone was down at 10am to get it fixed which was great.
Didnt use the pool so cannot comment on it. Fenals beach is a very short (5min walk) from hotel, Lloret beach about 15 minutes, but worth it as it is so much more lively and more to do around it.
Hotel in prime location, lots of restaurants and shops around. Cheap supermarket within 3 minutes of the hotel (water was very cheap here).
Hotel food I did not like at all. Only one night I actually ate properly. This is just me though as I am muslim couldn't eat any of the meat there. Even the egg was cooked on the same stove as the pork which annoyed me alittle but it is not an islamic country so I was not expecting anything more. The best meal of the day was breakfast though, loads of choice. For those who only eat Halal meat, great news! There is quite a few halal restaurants within walking distance to the hotel!
The hotel also has a luggage room which is kept locked at all times and only those with a key can access it which was great.
All in all great hotel and if I was to return to spain I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank sharmlover1

Dear guest,
Thanks for taking time and write your opinions on TripAdvisor. What a good new to know that if you come to Spain we will meet you again!!
I really apologize for the inconvenience with the food, next time I would recommend you to contact the hotel and they will take care of your preferences in so far as possible.
The fridge in the room is something optional, you can ask for it at the reception. Hopefully next time you will have all the information of the hotel and you will have a 100% pleasant stay.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just got back from a 3 night stay here, a little apprehensive when there was no British flag outside amongst the others that were up.
But to be honest we greeted with helpful receptionist, rooms were great for 3 people sharing, 3 single beds, it had air on which was great too. The rooms are cleaned daily and fresh towels daily.
The downside too the all inc is you are only allowed 1 drink at a time, considering we were a party of 6 which meant we all at to go to the bar, but after they got used to us they used to serve us.., depending on staff tho!!
Food was ok lots to choose from
Great location just 5/10mins to fennel beach and 15/20min walk to the very busy town of bars, clubs etc lots to do if you don't have children.
The only thing I would recommend is Ito get a private transfer to the hotel, we had a coach and it took 1 hour and 45 mins at least to the hotel it was dreadful, plus I think the driver was new which didn't help! But after speaking to other guests they experienced the same! So we cancelled our return shuttle to the airport and ordered a minibus as there was 6 of us which took 20 mins and oat €60 bargain and well worth it saves that endless jour eh back to the airport, we were going be picked up at 6am to meet the10.10amflight that's how long it was expected to take.
Overall it was a nice few days away and would return

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sarz,
Thank you for your comment. We are so glad to know that you had a good experience in our hotel and enjoyed our facilities and services.
We feel very proud of the impression you had from the hotel.
Check our web site, ghthotels to obtain the best price. I recommend you to contact the hotel for more information about the transfers on your next visit, they will offer you the best option.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

booked family holiday all inclusive very disappointed ...you could hear the people upstairs walking around with heals on every night constant noise... plenty of food to choose from but tastless east European food and barely warm!!!...and 90% Russian guests who are so ignorant they look through you as your not even there..really felt like an outcast. nothing for kids to do the mini club was pathetic they put on a show or disco art 9pm till 10pm every night and nothing else.

Room Tip: do your research and don't go here!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Martyn D
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Martyn,
I’m so sad to know that the hotel didn’t cover your expectations. We will take into consideration all your comments.
However, I would like to make it clear that the Hotel Oasis Park & SPA is a 4 star hotel and meets current regulations to keep this category year after year.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked into this hotel through an agency for a 7-night stay. The hotel was lovely, clean, staff very helpful indeed. The only detriment was that 99% of the people staying there were Russian. They were OK, but the whole hotel staff and food were geared to Russian taste. Food was catered to their taste and I found them extremely rude and wasteful. Wouldn't stay there again. Also was advised it was on the beach - no way. It was a good 8-minute brisk walk to the beach.

Room Tip: No idea. Hotel was very large with 6 floors and maybe 150 rooms on each floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Alison,
Thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We have a high number of people from all over the world that’s why we try to offer an international food to our guests. I would like to receive you in our hotel and maybe on that occasion our food will cover yours expectations. Best regards,