I spent a week here earlier in the month.
Upon arrival at 10pm, we were greeted by a less than interested hotel owner and told where our room was along with a "handy" point of a finger. We were also told that he needed to keep our passports overnight (for what reason, I have no idea but after a day of traveling you don't really have the energy to argue!)
The apartment... We booked a 1 bed apartment to sleep 4. When we arrived, there was the bedroom with 2 single beds & a sofa. We managed to pull the sofa out and make it into a DOUBLE bed - not entirely ideal!! Blankets weren't the best, but what do you expect!
The facilities of the apartment were spot on. We had a toaster (ok, it only cooked one side of the bread at a time, but we worked around that!) kettle, coffee percolator, 4 gas rings, microwave oven. Enough plates, bowls etc...
Bathroom was ok, bit dingy due to the brown tiling throughout.
One major downside was that there was only one mirror in the apartment - this was in the bathroom. With 4 women trying to get ready for an evening, it was hard!
We had our towels changed once in the week.
The swimming pool was ok, nothing spectacular. The pool bar was average for food, if not a bit pricey for what you actually get & the quality!
One more than one occasion, we had to wait to be served at the pool bar. Once while paying for breakfast (the owners were doing shots..!!!). It seems the norm for the owners to sit and drink beer at 9am and carry on chatting while you stand at the bar being ignored.
The mini market at the bottom of the hill - the owner is lovely! She is always willing to help. It's not over priced either.
Location of the apartments... they are about 25 mins walk into the town centre (15 mins to the caprabo supermarket). It's quite a nice walk in the day, but I might suggest a cab for evenings.
Lloret de Mar has lovely beaches, bars and restaurants! Nightlife is great, plenty of clubs. We favored Zoo & Tropics.
It is easy to spend a day in Barcelona also, €19.00 return on the bus. This takes 1 hour.
All in all, was a great holiday, just let down by the staff at the apartments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Els Llorers apartments Lloret de Mar, Costa Brava Apartments Els Llorers - Els Llorers Apartments is a quiet complex located in a residential area one kilometer from the beach of Lloret de Mar and offer the possibility to enjoy a peaceful family holiday between sea and mountains. Els Llorers is a place of relaxation surrounded by a natural environment with the best value for money of the Costa Brava.At your disposal there are two private pools with free sun beds and parasols, landscape green space and a child`s playground. Bar-restaurant with a variety of national and international food. Organization of entertainment (karaoke, bingo, games, Wii, POOL contests ...)Services include 24-hour working reception, tour desk, free parking, mini-supermarket in 50 meters, diving school, cots and chairs is also free.Pets allowed up to 20 kg.Extra Services: Daily cleaning, safety deposit boxes, Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Els Llorers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Els Llorers Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Els Llorers Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain