“Best Sea view and friendliest staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Rosamar Maxim - Adults Only
Ranked #15 of 127 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
miami beach
“Best Sea view and friendliest staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I've been wanting to stay at this hotel since I saw its location. If you like to have your own private beach close to your room and gorgeous views then this is the place. The front desk staff, dunia, Julia montse and worker Maria made me feel so at home . Very comfortable. Added plus was a mature crowd ' no partying teenagers ' . Already planning my next visit.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank rolandhagley
RosamarHotels, Director General at Hotel Rosamar Maxim - Adults Only, responded to this review, April 12, 2015
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to read your comment about our Hotel. At Rosamar Hotels our team works with the firm objective of providing maximum comfort for our guests. For this reason opinions such as your own give us great satisfaction.

We hope to see you again soon at our Hotel. Many thanks for putting your trust in us.

Kind Regards,
Montse Vilella
Manageress of Rosamar Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lloret De Mar
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was surprised that the most beautiful places on the beach was such a bad hotel. We spent in Lloret de Mar 7 days and luckily we had three days in another hotel which met our expectations, and it was cheaper The beds are very uncomfortable, the only good thing was food. This hotel has the necessary repairs and innovation!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Anneli S
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were staying on another hotel in Lloret de Mar but at night we were always on the look out for somewhere new and value for money to eat and saw the buffet offer for non-guests by the door for only €8.50 with wine and water. What a mistake! First of all, not everything described on the menu was available and we found just odd the fact that they only give you the option of wine or water, nothing in the middle like soft drinks. They hygiene is appalling as we found a bug on the lettuce served on the salad bar. Even after I told them about it, nothing was done apart from them changing the batch of lettuce. We got no discounts or even an apology, just "Ok, ok" and thats it. Ridiculous! Staff were rude, a woman started speaking French with me when I spoke English with her. I even tried speaking spanish but even though they saw I was struggling the didn't have a care in the world.

Never go for dinner there or if you are staying don't go Full Board our even Half Board because apart from food and staff, the location is great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tamires C
Alderley Edge, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Everything about this hotel is pretty basic except it's location which is the best in Lloret, right on the sea front. Our room was particularly odd as there was a separate dressing area from the bedroom with just a fridge and case stand in, access to a very tiny bathroom and access to the balcony. No pictures on the walls made room feel cell like particularly as the room number is painted on the wall over the bed - a strange interior design feature, and whats with the 32" flat screen TV over the dressing table ,a mirror and electric socket with be more appropriate. Two good things were the constant hot water and room heating which was definitely needed at night as our stay was at the end of April and the nights particularly chilly. Both inside and outside of hotel could do with some maintenance work and upgrading of furnishings and decoration it would then be worthy of its 3 star rating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AMH121
Breda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

If the hotel was located elsewhere, it would certainly not even have half the charm it has. It's right next to the sea: incredible! The rooms are simple but good. Common areas are perhaps the weakest point...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Astrid_B58
Tallinn, Estonia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I usually write reviews after thinking over all those things that need to be mentioned so that potential travelers get all the answers before booking. But Rosamar Maxim had left so many impressions that I got to the review 6 hours after leaving the hotel. And I also slept for 3 hours, so you probably already presume that those impressions are quite negative. The reason why it haven't been published yet is that it contained some bad words there in the beginning. Anyway, let me describe all important things separately.

I love Spain – was there last year as well, but not in Costa Brava. This year we (me, my wife and other human beings) decided to go to Costa Brava. We tried to choose between Lloret de Mar and Tossa de Mar – that was our first mistake. Tossa de Mar is much better if you ask me. But it's a matter of taste anyway. Lloret de Mar is a nice place as well, but it looks more like a “tourist place” with many sellers from Pakistan, no cozy restaurants, loud hotels in the center etc. Next year we’ll go to Tossa de Mar – that’s 100 percent. But if you’re into sunbathing, swimming, snorkeling and looking at old topless ladies (mainly “frauen” from Germany) – Llored de Mar will work perfectly for you.

The second mistake was the fact that we choose Rosamar Maxim because of its high ratings and positive comments. I always read comments and 3 facts are very important for me – location, food and silence at night. We got everything except decent food, but I would get to that later. My review is intended for those who also read reviews and want to know the truth rather than read those brief “Was great, come here my friend” comments. Maybe Rosamar Maxim was better before and that’s why all those “Great food and free vine” comments didn't work this year, but my review is based on June 2012 visit.

The third mistake was choosing full board instead of just breakfasts, but as mentioned above – I’ll describe the food later.

Well, it’s time to break down the review into multiple things.

Food. My God it was bad for the first 2 days. Duck was more like rubber – even my knife would confirm this if it could talk. Then it got better, but it had always been tasteless. They really need to hire a cook who knows what at least salt is for. And adding salt after any dish is cooked is not the same as adding it while cooking. The choice is quit poor as well – don’t know who all those people who wrote that there is a good choice are. Maybe they buy frozen stuff and eat it daily? I’m not a crazy gourmet guy, but I love good food perfectly cooked and I hate when there are only 2-3 types of meat and 1-2 fish types for lunch, especially tasteless. Let’s put it that way – breakfast is nice (good sausages, cheese, Champagne – I’ll get to that later, bread etc.), lunch is OK if you are very hungry (great components sometimes ruined by overcooking and always ruined by avoiding any spices and sauces) and supper is OK if you think that lunch is good (which it’s not). One good thing is that you can go daily to Rosamar & Spa for supper if you reserve a table – at least there you get serviced and get a bit better food. I recommend staying in another Rosamar hotel or at least eat there if possible. But be warned – their entrees are huge, so you may not need the main dish afterwards.

Drinks. Hmmm, would you be surprised if I tell you that you get champagne for breakfast? I was surprised, but it seems that’s a usual thing in Costa Brava. You also get decent coffee (from one of 2 coffee machines which uses coffee beans, another one is worse), some chemical liquids they call juice (but that’s a usual thing for almost any hotel anywhere in Europe except for Germany), tea, milk etc. But now it gets interesting – there are no “free” (you paid for the hotel after all) drinks during lunch or supper. Even water cost 1.5 EUR. Free champagne for breakfast and no water for lunch and supper – sounds stupid if you ask me. And all those comment regarding free rose wine are lies or someone’s dreams. Had read a lot of such comments (about the vine), so was a bit upset. 1.5 EUR is nothing, but anyway...

Location. It’s great – no roads under the hotel windows, the beach right in front of the hotel entrance etc. This is probably the biggest plus of this hotel. Some decent shops are near as well – so you can buy some nice food once you get sick of that tasteless hotel junk (2 days maximum – trust me).

Beach. It’s not sand – it’s tiny stones. First it felt bad, but after a few days we all liked that it’s not sand – your legs (or bottom if you prefer not to sit on the towel) don’t get dirty after swimming. The water is not very clean, but good enough for snorkeling – there are a couple of interesting fish types swimming nearby, but nothing fancy (it’s not Caribbean or Red Sea after all).

Staff. 3 ladies working at the reception caught my attention. One can't help you with anything, the other one is nice (she is Russian knowing 3 or 4 languages well enough) and the last one is a pure evil. I even remembered her name, but can't state it in the review since it's against the rules. She isn't much help unless you need our mood to be ruined – she is a professional here. Maybe she just hates people – I don’t know. If you see her (trust me, you won't mix her with someone else) – run.

Internet. Yes, there is free Wi-Fi, but it worked for 2 days out of 7 we had been there. I had told about the problem once it occurred, but had to wait for 4 days for them to restart the router. Operative, aren't they?

Rooms. If you are at least 43 cm. tall, you’ll find these tiny. Not important if you just sleep there like me, but if you are planning to spend some time in your room and suffer from claustrophobia – be prepared. I liked the fact that the floor is not tiles – it’s laminate, so feels quite cozy. And this hotel was renovated in 2010 (according to their website), but only the furniture looked “fresh”. The same can’t be said about walls and especially sanitary engineering. But overall the rooms are acceptable. Oh, almost forgot, there is no TV remote. I guess the remotes are made of gold, so they keep them somewhere safe. You should ask for your remote (don’t know if it’s not free – didn't ask).

Cleanliness. They clean daily (mainly the bathroom) and change towels along with bed linen. They’re not into washing your glasses, so don’t be surprised. If you are not a pig, you’ll find this acceptable as well. But if you are into soling everything – some things will remain the same once you get back.

Old topless ladies. Yup, there were there.

Can’t remember anything else worth mentioning regarding the hotel. So I guess it’s time for the conclusion. Rosamar Maxim has a great location which compensates some of its minuses. But there are so many minuses that you can’t go far only because of the location. Great advertisement for the brochure, don’t you think? But I guess they won’t like it.

The worst minuses are this specific reception lady and food, but if you avoid her and only have breakfasts in the hotel – you’ll sure like it more than we did. But even so – surely not the best place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Andrey K
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

i booked one week holiday on september 2012 nice sea view food was awfull we where the only british there hotel seem two cater for germans staff was not helpfull it was the worse week ever wont be going back

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends