“Good location, upset as we was robbed on the first night of the hotel and the hotel manager wasn't helpful.”

Rosamar Garden Resort
Ranked #12 of 127 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Having come back today I feel I need to warn the uk guests who come to this hotel to be aware of cash robberies happening in the hotel, we arrived last week and had our money taken from the hotel within four hours of us being there. They do not supply safe deposit boxes when you check in and tell you to come back later, you are given key cards to your room, apparently there was a cloned card reader which was used to access our room, as there hotel card reader wasn't used, the hotel manager was unhelpful and was not sympathetic, she offered us an all inclusive stay even though we was already all inclusive, and a hotel move but we was on holiday with our friends, she said it weren't a robbery as such because our money wasnt taken from the safe therefore we could not claim on their insurance. I feel it is still a robbery as they have gone into our room, first choice was good about the whole matter, the hotel wasn't, whilst there I heard of three more situations were money was taken. Food was mainly the same thing every night but was nice, people are always going for the watermelons on offer instead of taking three pieces, people were taking up to ten pieces, some nationalities were rude and would bump into the children and not say sorry, this happened to my child and my friends child, and people are up early with the towels, the beach isn't sand but little stones that hurt your feet, the Barcelona trip was okay but very long winded to get to as your pickin up people from other hotels and the fountain shows your payin for something which is actually
free to get in! Rooms were clean and bar staff very friendly. Was just upset that we had got robbed within the first fours hours of gettin there which spoilt the holiday, my point I want to get across is get a safe as soon as you get there.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Cherryco78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Abingdon / Oxford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

For what we paid, the Hotel was fine. The room (yes small) but fine for our needs. We found staff to be friendly. It's not as "All Inclusive" as you think. Snack, cakes, chips etc not really freely accessible. Coffee was available at Breakfast from a machine which was just awful, I would have happily paid for a decent one from the Bar but you have to wait until10am when the Main Bar opens. The pool was nice, plenty of sunbeds, never a problem getting one. The Restaurant food was good (in our opinion) Although I can see that after 4 days or so you notice it's just more of the same. Our Holiday rep Mel was superb! really helpful. I wouldn't go back, but overall it was fine.

1 Thank jaffellie
Loughborough
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

When we first arrived in the middle of the night and had to walk down scruffy back streets to access the hotel we were wondering what on earth we had booked. This is an oldish hotel and the accommodation is basic and fairly small. Ask for a pool view room if you don't want to look out onto the road. However it was clean. In the morning, things seemed better! The pool area is lovely with plenty of sunbeds. It can be very busy and noisy with the lifeguard tooting his whistle every 5 seconds to signal to those using the water slides that it is safe to go. Great for health and safety but quite annoying. The food was fine but repetitive and of varying quality. For example, on 2 nights there was a chocolate fountain - great for the kids but the 'chocolate' was a tasteless brown sauce. We ate out twice despite being all inclusive to just have a break. Good proximity to Lloret but the sand on the beach is coarse and painful to walk on. Not nice. Excursion to Barcelona was highlight.

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very clean hotel, good evening entertainment and decent food. My husband and I took our son aged 1 year 5 month on his first holiday, the staff made a real fuss of him and we were made to feel very welcome. Our routine had to change as the hotel was lively until 11 PM and we did not want to miss the entertainment but then it was very quiet and a good nights sleep was had by all. The pool was large and there was a warm childrens pool with a mini slide and a nice play area for him to run off any leftover energy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher levels.
4 Thank Lucy K
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Reading the reviews on here 2 weeks before I was due to leave nearly made me switch holidays but so glad I didn't . Glad to see the reviews have got better because the hotel didn't deserve them.
Check in - well coach broke down so was an hour late went straight to dinner then checked in later. Check in was easy and straightforward was given a spotless room with bunk beds for our 9 &10 year old boys and me
and my husband had 2 singles pushed together but was comfy with extra pillows too . Cleaners were great rooms cleaned every day.
Pool area was excellent 4 slides and a kids pool and another small pool . plus indoor pool I never once didn't get a sunbed . As we were there they just allowed the outside bar to serve all inclusive customers instead of just cash payers which saves u walking inside.
Food- breakfast was Excellent lunch and dinner was ok but repetitive but it depends if yr fussy I am but my husband loves fish veal and rabbit so he loved it . But it's not uneatable I always found something .
Entertainment was good as well had karaoke , Kenyan brothers were excellent all hotels do the snake and bird shows it was ok kids love it .
The Bar was excellent huge measures poured every night
never waited to long for a drink
eitherand always got a table.
Bar snacks were great hotdogs , crisps, cheese and ham toasties chips , burgers were slightly iffy .
All the staff were lovely and mel the first choice rep was excellent .

The only thing I think lets this hotel down is the fact that its a splash hotel and I didn't realise you had to walk to the bus station which I only found out through trip advisor . Apparently it's only a 15 minute walk more like 30/ 40 mins when walking with 2 kids in the burning sun and don't get me started on the walk back with 2 tired kids . You r on the bus for all of 3 minutes really . I have been on splash holidays before and the water parks are either next door or the bus stop is not far from the hotel . So feel a bit mislead by first choice .
Water world was Excellent something for everyone stock up on water from the hotel and buy food in the supermarket on way as triple the price in there .
Overall thoroughly enjoyed this holiday at the end of the day it was the cheapest of all the splash holidays due to being newly added people need to realise like all things there will be teething problems but from what I can see they are listening to people's concerns and putting them right ie bar outside now serving all inclusive , better entertainment added . Can't grumble at £1700 for family of 4 for 11 nights inclusive .

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Kirky657
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

From the airport the trip took around 40 minutes. Upon arrival we had to walk up a road to get to the hotel but its not true about having to drag your cases up the road. A van came and collected the cases and delivered them to the hotel reception. A coach just could not get up the road at all. The hotel was always clean. cleaners were everywhere all week. The bar and dining staff were very efficient, especially Veronika, Anna and Petya! and yes its true only a selection of drinks by the pool bar were available to all inclusive but the main bar was only up a few stairs and every drink was available in plastic glasses for the poolside. The downside with the food was that fish got served many nights, but it just gave us an opportunity to eat out.
All the lifeguards were very good! Fun but also took no non-sense and were strict when needed to be. We plan to come back.
If i could improve anything i would increase the wifi range as it only covers the reception area.

3 Thank ChrisAbbeyAbson
Harwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was my last holiday with my family as I am 19 nearly 20. Went with my mum, dad and 17 year old brother. Transfer to hotel from airport was a nightmare, as the coach broke down! We didn't have a rep on board so no one on the coach knew what was going on, as coach driver didn't speak English! Got a replacement coach after an hour. Cleanliness in the hotel was perfect. Our room was always cleaned everyday and our beds were always made. All areas of the hotel were clean and tidy. If you are a vegetarian I would recommend that you don't come here. Both me and my mum are vegetarians and we hardly ate all week. The only vegetarian options they really had was salad , potatoes and pasta. When we asked the staff about this, they didn't seem to know or care. We had to eat out a few nights, which defeats the point of all inclusive. The bar was very good! They were very generous with measures which is a good thing. One thing I don't understand is how they can call the hotel a 'splash world' hotel when the splash world is on the other side of the resort. The local area was lovely, with a good variety of shops and bars and clubs. We went to Barcelona, on an excursion trip which was great. Journey was longer than I thought, but was worth it. We also went to marine land, which is a great sealife/waterpark. The dolphin show was amazing! Mel our rep, was great! Very likeable and funny and easy to talk too. She would always come up to us at the bar to make sure we were having a good time, and she would stay and chat to us for ages. She also keep us informed about trips, info about the local area and check in and out procedures.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family