The hotel is in a quiet residential area and there are plenty of quiet bars surrounding it. If you come out and turn right there is a nice little spanish bar on the corner called La Oca, they do free tapas with your lager. (1.95€) Depends how much you drink, you could have enough tapas to count it as your lunch. We went for 10 days and popped in now and again, I had 10 different tapas, very enjoyable.
The Navy bar next door is nice for meeting up with people.
The food in the hotel was not what I would expect for 4*. Dinner was ok, a good choice, but only saw a proper potatoes once. These were sliced thickly and griddled. Very enjoyable. It was chips every night, then they had some "puree" more like smash. Breakfast was the usual, continental (plenty of it ) the chef on the griddle did omelettes freshly cooked with ham or cheese (or both) then next day did fried eggs, so alternated between the two.
The hotel is built in a way that the sun doesn't come round until lunchtime, and people still persist in putting their towels on the sunbeds after breakfast (then disappear, why?) We used to got to Fenals Garden hotel (where you get dropped off at the petrol station) they get the sun all day.
We asked for a pool view upon arrival and were told there were non available, but more or less coaxed into having a room above the entrance which would be quieter. It certainly was, we did not get disturbed through the night. The reception staff were really helpful and gave us maps so we could find our way round.
As for Lloret, it was a nice walk after dinner, it's full of clubs, but some nice shops. We saw one bar that charged 6€ for a pint of lager!!!!
We went to Tossa one day, the bus station is in Lloret, 3€ return each. The road was very narrow and full of hairpin bends, so being a nervous traveller we came back by boat. Cost us 20€ plus 10€ for the obligatory photo on board the boat. Nice sightseeing tour though on the way back.
Would I go again, yes I would and stay in Fenals area. The beach is about an 8 minute walk and quiet.
The staff are really nice and helpful and the hotel is really clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet area of Platja Fenals, on the outskirts of Lloret, this delightful, friendly four-star hotel has been awarded the FAMILY TOURISM certificate and the ISO 9001 quality standards. It provides an excellent standard of amenities and services and is the ideal choice for a holiday with your partner, family or friends. Hotel Aquarium also has swimming pools for children and adults, a heated pool, a new SPA area with a fabulous fitness suite, Turkish bath, multishower, heated loungers, bi-thermal shower, massage area (the only SPA service that incurs a charge). There is also an archery gallery, day and evening entertainment for adults and children and a kid’s club in the summer season (June to September), garden, terrace, buffet-style meals and show cooking and free WiFi throughout the hotel. Its location next to the beach and the shopping area of Platja de Fenals, 800m from the centre of Lloret, provides guests with an array of options for exploring the surroundings. Since 2011, this hotel has been fitted with solar panels to heat water for the bathrooms and the indoor swimming pool. We do not accept pets Have an unforgettable holiday at Hotel Aquarium. We know you’ll be back! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel GHT Aquarium & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquarium Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Aquarium Lloret De Mar
- Hotel GHT Aquarium & SPA Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain