“Great hotel, quiet location, great service”

Hotel GHT Aquarium & SPA
Ranked #8 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
“Great hotel, quiet location, great service”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We are staying at the Aquarium at the moment and I really can't fault the place. I was tempted not to say anything and keep this lovely hotel to ourselves but that really wouldn't be fair. We have been here for a week and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I don't know what some of the people who've given bad reviews were expecting for their money!! This hotel is immaculately clean, the food is as good if not better than we've had at any other 4 star hotel. There is plenty of variety and to be honest if you have to go hungry here then you must be a really picky eater. The spa is great and the indoor pool is ideal at this time of year. I must confess I've not used the gym but it looks pretty well equipped. If you're staying at the Aquarium make sure you pop into El Pub for a drink, it's only 5 minutes from the hotel and must be the friendliest pub on the costa brava, a good selection of drinks, three screens showing as much sport as you'd like and a smashing couple in charge.what's not to like

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and found it lovely and quiet on an evening,
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel GHT Aquarium & SPA, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear guest,
First of all: big thank you for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor. I know it’s been hard… ! 
We always try to offer the best quality to all our clients, I’m glad to know that this time we did it with good marks.
Hopefully we will see you again in a short future.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Timisoara
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I just returned from a week vacation spent in Lloret de Mar. My stay at this hotel is very much appreciated. The first surprise was that, even I arrived very late at the hotel, around midnight, a cold dinner was waiting for me (and not only for me) in the restaurant.
The room was very clean, which is the main criteria for me when I choose a place to stay. They did the cleaning and changed the towels every day. Contrary on some reviews that I read here there was a variety of food from where you could choose. I had breakfast, lunch and dinner and you could eat every day something different.
The pools were very nice, not very busy even there were lot of tourists in the hotel.
There was some entertainment show organized every evening.
The weather was very nice and warm, there were some rains, but mostly in the nights and it was about warm rains.
And finally, but not on the last place, I have to mention the stuff of the hotel. They were all very kind and helpful, ready to solve any of your requests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cristina M
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel GHT Aquarium & SPA, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your comments. We are so glad to know that you had a good experience in our hotel and enjoyed our facilities and services.
Day after day we work to offer our customers the widest variety of meals in order to satisfy the tastes of our customers. Thank you for appreciate it.
We feel very proud of the impression you had from the hotel. It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again!
scotland
Reviewed October 7, 2013

we had been to this hotel about 10 years ago , it was just as good as our last visit.
staff are helpful and friendly . I did have a problem with my bed and they changed it the day I spoke to the reception about it . food was good ,self service and bar staff great .
this is a good place for a quiet break .

Room Tip: choose a room that faces the pool as the others all look onto the street and appartment flats
Dear Jon,
Thank you very much for sending your comments to Trip Advisor. Your comfortability is our commitment. Thanks and do not hesitate to contact us in the future if you visit again Fenals, Lloret de Mar. Kind regards
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed 29 Sept - 5 Oct, 6 nights, half board. Good location, approx. 5 mins walk to Fenals Beach and about 15 to Lloret centre. (either via the hilly route past the fire station, or taking the pavement alongside the busy main road). Fairly quiet in immediate hotel area, with a lot of shutters down. (Assume reason is season coming to an end). Hotel was clean and comfortable and food typical of many hotels. Found the dining room (and bar area) quite congested with too many chairs. Small round tables, set up for two diners and 4 chairs, making it difficult to move around. Main reason for this short holiday was to visit Barcelona and have a couple of bonus days on the beach. Easy walk to bus station with hourly direct bus to Barcelona (Journey time, 1 hour). Would be very happy to stay here again.

Dear Malc,
Thanks for staying at Hotel Aquarium and to post this comment. I’m happy to know that the hotel covered your expectations.
As you said it is very easy to move around the hotel and visit nice places such us Barcelona, Figueras or Girona.
Hopefully we will see you next year and will be able to visit other pretty places in Catalonia, Spain.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations. To be honest I didn't expect anything near how good this hotel was! It's amazing value for money, we 've got a half board deal and I thought if it's good it's good, if not I can always go somewhere else- well it was plenty to choose from for breakfast and dinner and the menu was different every night. I can understand there might be some saying this is not good because that tiny particular thing they are used to eat or they want to eat once in a life time like oysters,black caviar or I don't know what fancy taste you might have was missing but this doesn't mean the hotel should get anything less than 4 stars, for the fancy taste it's always the''go outside option''. Outside pool plus the inside pool and spa are both excellent. Fenals beach it's down the road just 5 minutes walk, main town Lloret it's about 15 minutes. I'm so glad this hotel it's outside the city centre as that's a bit tacky worth to go and see it, but don't spend too much time there, just go explore those paths near the beach there are some amazing views, you won't believe your eyes! As I was at the begining of October, outside the season, it wasn't too busy either. I went to visit St Clotide Gardens - just 20min walk from the hotel I was the only one in there, because everyone else are just staying around the pool to fry at the sun, it's a bit shame cause there are so many beautiful places to be explored around that place... Services - excellent, staff - amazing !! My husband is quite sick so we've asked if he can have some food in the room as he can't eat too much at once , or he could't come and get breakfast - was no problem to get something in the room. We wanted to exchange the room as we've got one in front of the elevator and you can hear the fountain in the lobby, we've been offered another one without a problem. We've ended up staying in the first one thought as the view to the pool was amazing :) and living in central London got us used to noise and sleeping with ear plugs if we have to :). Evening entertainment.. varied each night i think, judging by the level of excitement between the old ladies you could hear to the 4th floor:P
That's not my thing, but I can appreciate the effort.
The girls from the reception are extremely helpful and always so nice and polite. I can't thank them enough !
So, if you are looking for a lovely place you can go and relax, this is the one. If you want to go mad and party - go to Ibiza!
Do I want to go back ? Yes!
Thank you Aquarium Hotel for a great short break !

Dear Cristina,
What a complete description of the hotel. Thanks for doing it!!
It’s been our pleasure received you at Hotel Aquarium. We always try to offer our guest the best holidays possible, I’m happy to know that this time we made.
Hopefully we will see you again in another short or long break. Don’t hesitate to consult our web site to obtain the best deals, ghthotels.
Haswell Plough, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Just returned from two weeks at this hotel - couldn't have asked for anything more. My partners daughter has a disability and she was treated like a princess for the whole fortnight. The staff couldn't do enough for her and for us - the hotel was spotless and the food was varied and very enjoyable. All of the staff were very polite and helpful especially the lifeguard (what a laugh) and the restaurant staff. The bar staff were just as polite and helpful. Great location, perfect for a chilled out holiday, we would recommend this hotel to anyone but particularly to people with mobility problems. Will definitely be returning - thank you making our holiday so enjoyable

Room Tip: rooms poolside get much more sun - a bit noisy when the entertainment is on but not a problem
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,
Thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
You don’t know how happy I am to know that you and your family had good holidays in our hotel.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for future reservations; we will help you with anything you may need.
Hope to see you soon.
Brackley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 week 10th-17th September.

The hotel is clean and tidy and staff helpful and polite.

The outdoor pool was very nice as well it was very nice to be able to use the spa and heated pool for free.

We had both breakfast and dinner ( both self service ) at all times the buffet was well stocked a had plenty to choose from

The hotel is placed in a great location 15 min walk from town and aprox the same to the beach.

All in all this was a great holiday and would be happy to return again and would recommend it to my friends and family.

The only problem was the holiday went to fast for us both :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TimeTravel364
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel GHT Aquarium & SPA, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate the time that you spend explaining your experience in our hotel; definitely it will help other potential clients to know better Hotel Aquarium.
We all look forward to welcoming you again at the Hotel Aquarium in a not too distant future. Yours sincerely,