“Still excellent!”

Guitart Central Park Aqua Resort
Ranked #100 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is no doubt the thirtieth or fourtieth time I have visited Guitart hotels, and everything was still up to the usual high standards. Silver rooms in Guitart park II are very practical (shower instead of bath, and lots of room in it too!) Nice food in the restaurant and served by people with a smile. Very friendly on reception. Only one problem: my stay was not long enough!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank GJCFrance

Reviewed June 16, 2014

my husband, I and 4 yr old had a recent 1 week stay half-board at this hotel and was glad to be going home at the end of it and that we hadn't booked to stay any longer.
On the plus side, the room was clean and every day the cleaning staff made it up to a very good standard. However, my daughter had to sleep on a put up very old and out of condition sofa bed. Thankfully she was light enough not to have been a problem for her. It was a very small room for the 3 of us and we felt on top of each other all week.
The food was basic. Again, on the plus side the meats were different and quite well cooked each evening but the vegetables and everything else were always the same, hardly any variation.
We arrived about 11pm and there was nowhere to get a hot drink or any other drink. I asked if a kettle was available but the chap at reception could not understand what I asked Again on the plus side as I needed a certain hot drink for medication purposes the man at reception said he would go to the other side of the hotel to get me a cup of hot water, so we had to wait another 10 minutes in reception for this. My husband nor daughter were offered a drink, thankfully they were fine with the drinks we had with them. Also on arrival we were greeted with having to pay an extra almost 14 euros tourist tax which was not mentioned beforehand.

My daughter had been really looking forward to the childrens activities so on the first day we went to where the club was meant to be taking place and nothing was going on at all. Also she was really looking forward to seeing the dressed up tiger that was on all the info about the hotel, I tried asking many times about this but no-one knew could understand what I was asking.
The childrens activities were very disappointing for her.

In the info it leads you to believe that there are several restaurants to choose from, again on arrival we were told, this is your restaurant where you will eat. There was no other choice.

We stayed from Tuesday to Tuesday. From the Tuesday to Friday it was fairly quiet but over the weekend the hotel was bursting at the seams with spanish people visiting. There were no sunbeds available throughout the day, although some older ones were there chained up in the vicinity and the restaurant was manically overcrowded. It then became quieter again for our final day.

I had been looking forward to the spa at the hotel but did not find it during our stay and there was no indication where it was. As other people have said, the reception staff could not speak much English so I spoke in my schoolgirl french to communicate which wasn't very successful.

On the whole then it was very basic and in comparison, I and my daughter enjoyed a more comfortable stay in a travel lodge in England a month beforehand.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Karen C
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed here with the boyfriend for a week all inclusive when we got there we walked through a long corridor of decent looking rooms then walked through double doors and came to shabby looking rooms which was ours room very basic and smelt of drains staff very unhelpful didn't speak a word of English moody aswell when we asked for drinks at the bar they seemed very unhappy to do them! That's there job! Kept awake up untill 3 am noisy neighbours and woken up at 7 by the noise of bin men every morning! Not very nice area full of fast food shops like kebabs and burgers no decent restaurants. Was told it was a spa hotel only to find out you have to pay to use the spa everyday! Wouldn't bother it's not a nice spa. Overall wouldn't go back to here horrible stay only thing good was the weather on some days

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Chelseaac
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I loved this place, super value for the money. The town is wonderful and so was the hotel. I also appreciate the friendly service. The spa and gym were wonderful! The food was not all that though. Thank you for your service

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Joe S
Reviewed January 12, 2014

After our original holiday was cancelled on the day we were due to fly we booked a holiday to the Guitart Central Park in August 2013 as the pictures looked great, we were totally shocked when we arrived to a crowd of 18 year olds in the dirty drab reception, we were given our key to our room, our 2 children walked into the room first and even they were totally shocked, there were holes in the bedding and curtains,and it was filthy, we asked to be moved straight away they did the next morning into a suite, this was better but was above the bar & entrance, we were kept awake until midnight with the music in the bar & then woken up again every morning at 4am with all the youngsters coming back from the nightclubs, the pool area was a joke, we were charged for using the sunbeds! And also we were packed in like sardines so you would have someones feet in your ears and had your bed touching others either side!!
The pool area was dirty with rubbish left everywhere, the poolside loo was digusting so i woudnt let my children use it, the pool was full of teenagers shouting and throwing each other around.
The restarant was dirty and packed, you had to fight your way to get food, the food was the same most days and not nice.
Overall the whole hotel was tired and dirty, the tennis courts were a complete no go as the floor was all broken around them and they were so shabby you wouldnt want to go in them.
This is no way a 4 star its most likely a 1 star!!, i would rather go to butlins.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Nathan R
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our holiday took place in December over the christmas break. It took five attempts to sort out our room on the first night. However it was sorted out and with great patience and diplomacy. The food was plentiful and varied as was the local alcohol provided. Clearly caters for vegans, vegetarians as well as pescatarians and carnivores. The fresh seafood was a bonus. However the restaurant's inconsistent labelling of dishes could cause a problem for any special diets. We ate in the buffet restaurant. There were other restaurants on site but only the buffet was included in the all inclusive price we paid.The staff made it worth while as they were helpful and professional. The cleaners were excellent. The rooms were average but included air conditioning/heat which we discovered 3 days into the holiday. There isn't anyone to help you with your luggage and they don't offer room service. Visitors with disabilities are welcome and catered for fully.The photographs of the hotel were misleading. The indoor pool (families only) was quite small, although well heated. It didn't include a toilet and only two changing rooms. It was a great for the children except for the broken paving slabs around the pool and in one of the changing rooms. the sun loungers were grubbly and no lights were apparent when the light fell around 4-5pm. The hotel was in fact 4 separate blocks of rooms. The spa and gym beautifully set out. The only benefit to the hotel residents is they didn't have to pay an entrance fee. The treatments were extensive but expensive. I found it easier to walk to the various parts as the lift system didn't always go directly to all parts. During the summer it may feel different. As it was low season some of the local businesses were closed and so some of events/trips weren't available. New Years Eve was festive and the food was even better.
Overall the hotel has potential and once it has completed its refurbishment it could be great. If your children are between 13-18 they may get bored in the low season. Weather was a welcome change from home. We didn't speak Spanish which detracted from out trip although most staff have some english and french as well as spanish.
The beach, cash points, shops and facilities (pharmacy, supermarkets, wine bars and clubs) were only five minutes walk away.
In conclusion a reasonably priced convenient hotel in a well appointed area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for over Christmas , with 3 young children .
Firstly , when we arrived , we was greeted with the receptionist who hardly spoke English . Had to pay €15 euros for wifi , €4 a night for the safe , plus a deposit of €10. We got told where our room was with hand gestures to the the direction .
ROOM .
The room was clean , although 2 singles pushed together to form a double , very narrow, the children's half of the room would not be allowed in England for health and safety reasons . You had a big pillar in middle if room which took the space and 3 single beds with one up high on the wall with no safety rail . Therefore my daughter slept on the floor .bathroom was nice and clean although my only issue is the bath was awkward to reach the Taps as it was squeezed on the corner .
There was loads of storage space in the room to hang clothes . Balcony was street facing with no chairs. Hairdryer never worked .
RESTAURANT
This hotel cater for the Spanish , hardly any English dishes , the food was cold , hardly Luke warm , we had to heat it up in the microwave . The line for the toaster and microwave was such a long wait too .

SWIMMING POOL
The swimming pools outside sis look very inviting although was freezing cold and at the time of the year we went , we couldn't use them . The inside pool was dirty , no lifeguard , very deep , not suitable for young children . 2 changing rooms that were tiny . No light in there of a night and full of red ants that taken up to our room on our towels

HOTEL
The hotel was a beautiful hotel , the grounds were spotless and I assume it's beautiful in the summer months . It was very peaceful and relaxing , and I did enjoy Walking around the hotel . The situation was brilliant , 5 minute walk to beach and few shops right outside , in which you have to bargin for everything you want to buy .

MY NEGATIVES ARE;
The Spanish locals staying in the hotel were very rude , ignorant . I got pushed out the lift by an old lady because she said I wouldn't fit with my young child , they play all Spanish music in the salsa bar .i had someone else pushed their way to the front of reception because they think it's okay to do this . I think they've let the hotel down big time ! They don't appreciate the hotel , leave rubbish around and very dirty ! They don't say please , thank you for holding doors open and push your children out the way . The only one who helped us was a English women who worked in the restaurant ! If I had issues she was the only one there . Such a shame as such a beautiful hotel so for this reason I wouldn't come back ! Be warned !

• Stayed: December 2013