“Great hotel,great location”

Guitart Central Park Aqua Resort
Ranked #100 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Very good food.Some days they have themes about food.The best was the Mexican night.When we arrived,we had to go to the 4 th section reception not the general reception,because of the booking we had made,but the staff took us 20 minutes to
take us to the 4th section reception because they were taking us to the general reception all the time.It s in a grt location,There is the fenals beach near the hotel with lots of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: If choosing the 4th section room(aparthotel),just ask the staff for the aparthotel reception,not the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank allieatis
Write a ReviewReviews (1,659)

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We booked 4* all inclusive gold standard for two people.Lovely grounds kept nice and clean.Our room overlooked the steep steps heading towards the large pool so when anyone was walking past you could hear them.I thought we had left the patio doors open,but they were closed.Also you could hear people in the corridors.Our room was kept nice and clean but the bedding was very worn and really needs changing especially saying it's a 4* hotel. I thought staff there were helpful and polite.We went to the dining room at different times for our meal's but on most occasion's the food was cold luckily they have a microwave.Food ok.You won't go hungry.Drinks in the bar were plentiful but as usual there own substitute.On the whole i did'nt think the hotel catered much for english mainly french and spanish.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kay h
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I booked 4* All inclusive for 4 adults and 1 child for 7 days.
Hotel 1st impressions ok.
Room Junior suite, old decor, shabby bedding. I booked 2 of these rooms so was just adequate
Staff were ignorant, rude, infact too lazy to rude, really couldnt be bothered, Treat us like something on their shoe. Very unhelpful.
All inclusive my backside...!!! were given a paper plate with a pile of crisps, asked about other snacks available, told there was nothing till 7pm meal. ???? Had to go to reception, The receptionist rang up to the bar and told him to get the sandwhiches. 50 mins ......OMG Pre packed very poor ham/luncheon meat/chicken type thing, No salad. 3 of them literally thrown at us. There were 5 of us, my partner is veggie.?? Terrible. pictures enclosed.
Only 1 restaurant and 1 bar open, There was another smaller bar but didnt accept A.I.
The restaurant was poor, breakfast poor quality, cold, and nasty. Each day the fruit juice got weaker.. same bread, same everything and poor. Dinner worse, Evening meal worse. Same chicken soup. Got weaker by the day. Same fish. dubious meat didshes. Fishfingers 2 evenings on the trott. Burgers not cooked.. Pic enclosed. Im no snob and have have stayed all over the world but 4* not a chance.. A 4* prison maybe!!
Really unhelpful stay and very tight regarding drinks, warm water, paper cups, checking every drink. Watching you like a hawk, Tutting when asked for more pathetic plate of crisps. Snatching the a.i card out of your hand. One eve he cleaned the bar and a few tables, never spoke to us, acknowledged us, Put on his coat, switched off the lights and left us, Sat in the dark. Outrageous.!! Ive read reviews back to 2006 and all the negative reviews are spot on.. and more. I hate complaining but it was really terrible. I would never ever go back or recommend. The complex itself. ok Not as nice as the pics. Top pool is lovely but stupid steps all the way up. Kids play area a good walk up the steps past the pool very out of the way. Indoor pool my lad aged 9 loved it. but very shabby. Overall i paid for 4* A.I and got 2* full board which wouldnt have been worth it. As ate out 5 nights out of the 7. and thru the day. Staff appauling behaviour, seems the same staff and have worked there for yrs. Oh one other thing. If you enjoy 7.30am Mad Lizzie/ Miss Motivater stlye work out at nightclub volume, like your raving very fast.. Its perfect for you. I was not impressed.!! Avoid like the plague.

Room Tip: Ask for new refurbed room but will cost extra
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank KelliHollis
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Me and my boyfriend went away to Lloret De Mar this September, we stayed in Guitart Central Park III.
We had a great time, the accomadation we were staying in was very simple but we got to use the other parts of the group of hotels, including the heated pool and the 4 star hotel food. The rooms were cleaned every single day, very polite receptionists.
If you are a young couple and aren't to fussy about having a fancy room then this is a brilliant place to stay, it is about a 10 minute walk from the beach and about a 5 minute walk from the main bars and clubs.

The only bad point that I can make is that September isn't really a busy time for tourists and also it is noisy! If you want piece and quiet, I would find somewhere a bit further out.

Fantastic place for us, suited us down to the ground.

Room Tip: A corner room gives you a good view of the pool and what else is going on!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Georgia C
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed here for 4 days at the end of September. I'm still undecided about this hotel and whether I wouldstay here again.

I would definitely not stay in the same room. I was in Guitart I, thebuilding that the reception is in. On my floor it looked lovely, with posh doors with key cards etc, I then walked through a door to get to my part of the corridor and it looked much more run down, with little keys that you put into the door knob. I didn't feel particularly secure with that door. The room itself was very basic. The beds were not comfortable, and my blankets had cigarette burns in them. The walls were very thin, the nice lads next door were having conversations at normal volume and I could hear every single word.

The bathroom was disgusting. It was mouldy, there were cracks in the walls and the tiles, pipe were exposed, there were holes in the walls, it was disgusting. I got the impression that this was the oldestpart of the complex and therefore the worst, although looking at other reviews I'm not so sure! There's also only one plug socket in the entire room which was above the double bed, this made it somewhat awkward to use. The room was also right above the worker's area, and they would often stand beneath my window smoking and chatting,so I couldn't really open the balcony doors as it got loud and smoky very quickly. This was also a very cold room - it was 27degrees but as its on the second floor and overlooked the room gets no sun and I was shivering.

The lifts are a bit dodgy, one of them the doors don't shut properly, and the other one got stuck between floors which wasn't overly fun. (These are the small lifts that lead to the restaurant, not the big ones from reception). The food itself was good atlunchtime and in the evenings. There was a decent selection and they kept the food replenished and it was hot. Breakfast was a different story and it was pretty awful- so avoid the breakfast but the rest of it is good. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly also.

I didn't really take advantage of the all-inclusive, as every time I went there were really long queues and only one person on the bar, who wasn't in any rush to get the queue down. Generally I just couldn't be bothered to wait 15 minutes to get a drink, although the selection they had was really good.

One thing that was really missing is a map of the hotel. They do have boards around telling you the layout, but theydon't really tell you where you are. I think it would help a lot if they gave you a map on arrival, as there are many different levels, and a lot of stairs, and I found it quite difficult to navigate. I expect there were much shorter routes than I took to get to places, but I couldn't find them easily. On the last day I found another part of the resort that I had never seen before, complete with pool and entertainment. Turns out this was where all the English speakers had been hiding (I didn't encounter any before this, there seemed to be predominantly French and Spanish at the hotel) and it would have been nice to find it earlier.

One thing I did like,was that if you climbed all the stairs past the pools there were roof terraces that were quiet zones with no smoking just with sunbeds for people to relax in peace. This was ideal for me as I wanted some quiet and naturally the pool area is quite noisy with children running about. It was good that they catered for different wants in this way.

The hotel was in a good location with a short walk to the beach (not sandy) and shops and bars. This is a very touristy area, so if you are wanting to avoid that kind of thing then Lloret de mar isn't for you. I liked it and found the locals friendly.

Overall I would recommend the complex itself, but not the room I stayed in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Ed W
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed from Sept 20th - 27th 2012 as part of a large group. The hotel and its staff are absolutely appalling! The staff are extremely rude and unhelpful and make absolutely no effort to welcome guests or resolve issues never mind apologise! We arrived to find that we had been allocated a room with a double bed despite having called in advance to request a twin room. We were told they would make up the sofa bed which we refused. Our new room hadnt been cleaned so we had to wait 25 mins outside while this was done. We then found (at 1am) that we had no hot water from the taps. Then followed the rudest conversation we have ever encountered with Michael at reception who refused to even listen never mind do something about it! It was resolved the next day. The rooms are not cleaned properly and the only reason we had our sheets changed every day is because we stripped our beds every morning otherwise they only change sheets once a week! The breakfast is awful and we ended up paying again to eat in local cafes every morning. We were lucky we stayed in guitart II but some had to stay in what was locally known as Bairut! A delapidated building with no tvs. GOLD Superiour standard is a myth as there is no carpet, washing lines, piped music!! or the use of the safe as that costs a £10 deposit and the £4 per day!

Room Tip: Try for the main building which houses the reception as those rooms are apparently the nicest
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LondonShay
Reviewed October 2, 2012

awful place spent a nightmare week in it filthy rooms our beds had not been changed from last oucupirer and was blood stained . 3 robberys from our croup when asked for things to be left in our rooms and place moveing with ants ground floor appartment and cigs littered everywhere from higher appartments never cleaned up . place should be wiped of map

Room Tip: would not even give it one my tip is dont go near it
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends