If you like your burger with a side of flies then this is the place for you! And if you're a keen fisher, there's also an 80% chance you'll catch crabbes off the bedding.
This hotel is NOT a four star by any means and definitely isn't what it says on the tin.
The room decor was like something from the shining, all that was missing was a corpse in the bath. The food was abysmal and ridden with flies. I found mould on my pineapple. If you get up from your dinner to grab a drink in the restaurant, then don't expect it to be there when you get back and if you dare to point out that you weren't actually finished expect a typical friendly Olympic hotel staff reply.... 'If you're hungry get some more'. The reception staff must only know one word in English and its 'No' so don't expect any help from them, ever.
What I particularly enjoyed about this palatial dwelling was the beautiful morning chorus that accompanied the rising sun. You can't beat the screeching of the cleaning ladies up and down the corridor at 7:15am. This place is noisy! The cardboard walls do little to muffle the sound of slamming doors all.night.long. I even heard the bloke next door fart they were that thin.
Now, to be fair to the place the evenia Olympic complex comprises of three separate hotel buildings, one of which is probably 4 star quality; lovely pool, decent restaurants, friendly staff, nice decor. Unfortunately, we bypassed any such luxury and stepped straight into the Olympic time machine. I would not recommend this place at all. We made the best of a bad situation and invited ourselves over to the 'other side' most evenings and chose to eat out making little use of our all inclusive status (which apparently finishes at 10pm).
All that said, I'm sure we will look back and find it funny one day. Perhaps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel is part of the Evenia Olympic Resort, a large touristic complex, with more than 30.000 m2 and extensive gardens. The Hotels have 6 swimming pools (2 of them heated), 2 tennis courts, sun terrace with palm trees and sun loungers, pool bar, snack bar, restaurant, nightclub, parking, complete fitness centre with Spa and a Congress Centre. Entertainment program for adults and children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Evenia Olympic Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evenia Olympic Park Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Evenia Olympic Park Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain