“Excellent Value hotel”
Review of Hotel Samba

Hotel Samba
Ranked #86 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was here for a few days with friends and had a great time. A good standard 3 star hotel with great rooms and a nice pool. The food wasn't bad either. I dont know what all the negative reviews are about. A great choice of hotel in sunny Lloret Del Mar

2  Thank JamiebHove
Write a ReviewReviews (1,690)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I am staying here at the samba now and I can assure you I won't be staying here again . We booked 3 rooms together months ago and 2 are on the 5th floor the other is on the 1 st floor which is with 200 students, how bloody noisy And when we asked to be together the man at reception has been so rude, telling me o go away, one receptionist told us to come ack the next day and still refused to move us , you have a little space get your AI drinks and the queue is so long. If you pay there is no queue what a surprise surprise.
Its such a shame the staff don't care or shall I say the management , don't come here guys

1  Thank debby1960
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have just returned from 3 nights at the Hotel Samba, Lloret de Mar. Il start off with a few of the minor points that irked me a little bit about my stay. First of all, if you are flying into Barcelona and are staying here, then please prepare yourself for a 2 hour journey. If you have kids (or like me are very impatient!) then reconsider flying into the airport in Girona if that option is available to you. Unfortunately, I had no option as I was flying from Belfast and Barcelona was the only airport I could fly into.

Second point is that there was no pool bar. This meant that I needed to a brave distance from the pool into the hotel to get a drink each time - anyone who has stayed in this hotel will agree that although this is a minor point, it does become a bit of a nuisance when you are at the pool and have to walk 4/5 mins to get a drink. I have heard that there is a pool bar in the summer when its busy (I visited start of May).

Third point - avoid this hotel if you are offended by rowdy stag party behaviour. We had a crowd of fellas on a stag who wore mankini's - some parents with children may have been offended. I wasnt - it amused both myself and my friend! If you are going to stay in a hotel in the centre of Lloret, then this type of behaviour is going to be common! Go a bit further outside in Fenals were its quiter.

Okay, some positives. Great location. Just a few mins walk from busy center. Not right in the center though which is great as it is very noisy there!

Rooms are very clean and are cleaned once a day. My friend sent an email to the hotel requesting a 5th floor room (these had been newly refurbished). I was over the moon to find that when we checked in, we had a 5th floor room. Maybe its coincidence, but perhaps its because we emailed them - why not chance your arm anyway!

The food in this hotel is pretty good for the money. Anyone who could complain needs to get into the real world. I paid £200 for 3 nights all inclusive and it was worth every penny. Breakfast consisted of croissants, cold meats, donuts, pancackes, cereals, fresh fruit, bacon, black pudding, beans, eggs etc.

Lunch and dinner was pizza, fish, pork, chicken, shell fish, potatoes, vegetables, pasta, salads etc. All nice fresh food. I did eat out once though as we fancied a steak - but all in all I thought it was excellent value. If you want better, then wise up and pay for it!

Anyway, ive tried to write a review based on the positives and negatives of this hotel. Im not fussy, but my friend is. She said she would recommend it to anyone staying in Lloret. I fail to see how anyone could have anything much bad to say about it!

Room Tip: go for the 5th floor if you can!
5  Thank Mark G
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a great time at hotel samba. Clean, comfortable and the food was ok. Always something to eat, always catering for Spanish but we always had something good and filling to eat. Nice walk away from the hustle and bustle of town so we didnt have any noise disruptions. Apart from one night but it was dealt with immediately.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I am a 20 year old girls who had come here with my friend for a cheap and cheerfull holiday this definatly not What i got! I'm not one to write reviews but I had to let everyone know what kind of disgusting, ridiculous hotel this is, seriously unbelievable! For starters the food is cold no flavour at all! Had to buy my own ketchup and Tabasco just for some flavour! All the staff are rude clearly hate English people, i got attacked by the security guard and get harassed by him everytime I come In after 1am even tho I don't make noise he threatens to call the police each time even tho all the French kids come in slamming doors and running riot every single night! He also was cursing my mother and basically callin me a [--] and didn't like the fact I understood what that meant. I am disgusted with the way they treat English people we have only showed them respect and all we have had back was abuse back in Spanish which I understand too!! No manners at all. We are the only English people here at the moment and it feels like we are living I'm a prison cell. Everyone stares at us when we go for food and there is only French which are the most unpleasant people I have ever come across in my life! I will write a full review when I get back home which is in 2 days the week I have been here has been the longest week of my life! Avoid hotel samba at all costs!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank C_dasilva
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel is quite good for a 3*, rooms basic but nice and clean. Food would have been ok if it were hot, or at least warm. Staff like the spanish but clearly not the english!

Will definately not be returning!

Room Tip: Rooms on 5th floor have been refurbished
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mkjackie
Reviewed March 27, 2013

the staff was very helpful and entertaining if you need anything you only have to ask i.e pillows extra blankets ect...we've just come back from an all inclusive short break and was spoilt for choice with drinks and food.....:-)
the drinks are there own brand but they will make you cocktails on request if your a cider drinker you will have to pay thats not free...... food wise we found they did different hot breakfasts every morning 1 day you might have eggs the next it could be omelete ect different saugsage every day along with many cereals and continental of course the hotel at meal time cater for all with quiet a selection the room we had was on the second floor very clean a lovely power shower/bath the maids came every day cleaned , made beds and fresh towels and toiletries.
they provide day and night entertainment

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends