This holiday was doomed to be a disaster from the start, when Icelolly.com booked us into the wrong hotel - we booked to stay at the Olympic Hotel, but our confirmation came through as being for the Hotel Alexis. The staff refused to listen, so we were stuck with it. Reading the reviews, we tried to keep positive, convinced it could not possibly be all that bad...it was worse. Rude reception staff, violence, and nothing edible were just a few things we were forced to put up with in this hell hole. I actually ended up being very ill on this trip, as our room was situated right next door to the washing room. This had no ventilation, so all the air is sent into this bedroom, making it extremely damp wit a persisting odour of wet dog. Despite repeated complaints to reception, we were ignored and told, and I quote if we didn't like it, we knew where the airport was. I wish this disgraceful customer service was a one off event, but unfortunately it seemed de rigour at the Alexis. The food was absolutely inedible, but luckily you can eat at any of the HTOP hotels - we recommend the Casino Royale a little way off - we discovered this on the second day so luckily we didn't starve! (Refused to eat the joke they called food on the first day.) The swimming pool is non existent - literally a puddle hidden round the corner by the terrace, and evening entertainment seems to consist of drunk holiday makers getting louder and more aggressive. The only bonuses were that our room was clean, and I cannot fault the bar staff who tried their best to be friendly and helpful. Special mention to Pablo, who was absolutely fantastic! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a decent holiday - fair enough if you are on a cheap drinking holiday, it will be fine, but for a decent break definitely pick somewhere else. It was supposed to be a treat for my daughters 21st birthday - needless to say she is in charge of booking next year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- H·TOP Alexis hotel is located near Lloret de Mar main sandy beach on the Costa Brava, just 5 minutes away from the centre of town, and 25 minutes transfer time from the Girona airport. Lloret de Mar is one of the most enjoyable towns in Catalunya. All guest rooms have air-conditioning with individual climate control, private balcony/terrace, satellite TV with remote control, bathrooms with bathtub. Direct dial telephone.Mini-club, entertainment, swimming pool, solarium, medical service, car rental...(Some of these services may not be included in the price). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your H.TOP Alexis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexis Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Alexis Lloret De Mar
- H.TOP Alexis Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain