We stayed at this hotel as part of a mystery deal with super escapes. (Don't ever book with this company they take on average 10-15 minutes to answer the phone and are based in India so have premium rate phone lines!!!)
Don't ever come here if you're in a couple and want to have a quiet time. From the moment we arrived it was a disappointment, the check in staff were disinterested and quite arrogant! We had requested a pool view and were placed at the back of the hotel.
A large group of young loutish boys (is the only way I can describe them) checked in at the same time as us and were very noisy. They were placed on the same floor as us and not just on the same floor but in the room! They then proceeded until early hours of the morning to run, shout and fight each other in the corridors and as there are no sound buffers under or around the doors, just big gaps, sound echoes through the corridors so we could just hear them shouting and running around. We had the worst nights sleep of our lives, the two separate beds were hard and uncomfortable and I was as the point of tears in early hours of the morning after asking the louts to be quiet and being spoken to very rudely. There was no sign of security managing this disruption either.
The room was very outdated and very dirty. The bathroom was DISGUSTING yellow/brown water coming out of both taps.
After that terrible night we asked to be moved as far away from that floor as possible. It must be said that the staff did apologise for this and moved us to what they said was the 'family' side of the hotel. The room was better in the sense that it at least had a pool view and the two separate beds were marginally more comfortable but they were at different heights. The bathroom was better...the water in the taps came out brown at first but soon ran clear. The shower was the best thing about the room it was extremely powerful and very hot!
It was still very disruptive throughout the night with doors slamming loudly in the corridor and one morning a man was slumped snoring loudly outside our room dribbling sick on himself we assume having been locked out of his own room. We told security and they said 'we know'!
The food for all inclusive was not the worst I've eaten but was not the best either. Choice is limited, If you like chips for breakfast then this is the place for you. Lots of sweaty meat, cheese and old pasta salad. The packed lunch service is a disgrace I was almost sick. Who ever made it must have had 'wet hands' because the bread roll was soggy, the sweaty meat and cheese was wrapped badly in wet tin foil, there was an apple with 'bits' stuck to it and a bottle of water. The only thing form the bag that I kept!
As for the bar it is a pain having to take your one glass back each time. The staff are friendly if you tip them but not so if you don't. The mixers are very cheap tasting and limited. Another downside is you can only have tea and coffee during certain hours and you can't take them to your room!
The location is good. It's central to the beach shops and next to the bus station.
The overall appearance of the hotel is outdated. It was probably very good in the 80's but since then has not been changed. The check in desk is very very slow and took ages to check in and out.
My partner and myself still enjoyed our holiday as we decided to embrace all the faults rather than let it ruin our time, as a mystery deal for the price we paid I'm not sure what I expected but it was supposed to be 3/4 stars and I feel we were conned on that one. next time will not make this mistake.
All in all if you are in a big group of people who just want to get drunk and make a lot of noise then this place will be tolerant of that, but if you are a decent human being then I would recommend spending that little bit more and going anywhere else but here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3-Star H·TOP Gran Casino Royal hotel is a classic and well-known hotel located in the commercial heart of Lloret De Mar in Costa Brava and just under 5 minutes walking from the beach. The famous nightlife, restaurants, bars, shops and entertainment options can be found in the immediate surroundings.H·TOP Gran Casino Royal Hotel is an ideal choice for young couples and groups looking for a centrally located hotel within a young lively and friendly atmosphere and a good standard of accommodation. Offering different accommodation options the 807-room H·TOP Casino Hotel organize daily activities and evening entertainment. Guests of our hotel can use many services as swimming pool, garden, sun terrace with sun beds and umbrellas, 24 hour Front Desk, housekeeping, currency exchange, multilingual staff, tour desk, fax & copy service, billard (charge), car hire, heating, air-conditioning (in restaurant, bar and reception area), playground for children, baby cots and chairs available, lift, safe boxes (charge), 24 hour medical service available (charge), souvenirs/gift shop, Wifi and internet corner (both with charge).Transfer to Girona or Barcelona Airport available (charge). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your H.TOP Gran Casino Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h Top Gran Casino Royal Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Htop Gran Hotel Royal
- Casino Royal Lloret De Mar
- H.TOP Gran Casino Royal Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain