“We enjoyed our stay”

Hotel Guitart Gold Central Park Aqua Resort
Ranked #84 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We just returned from a week in Lloret de mar. We stayed at Guitart Central Park 1 and we had a gold room. For them it means a 4 star room. We were in the main building. Hotel very clean and good service. Most of the staff spoke enough english to get us what we needed. Food wasn't the greatest compared to other buffets we had but the quality of food was very good. Very good price and that got us to return for lunch. Breakfast was vry good. The same not many choices but quality of food very good. All pools they have were clean & nice. Rooms have all the basic needs. Worth for what we paid. Comfortbale beds and not a noisy AC. We slept like rocks and woke up fresh. Hotel location is perfect as it is at short walking distances to all the shops & maximum 10 mins walk to the very large beach. Lloret area is very noisy especially at night. Hotels have loud entertainment every night which we enjoyed. The streets are packed with clubs & bars. For younger and single people its perfect but we still did enjoy our holiday and glad we chose the area & Guitart Central Park 1.

Room Tip: Definetly ask for a gold room and try to ask for a double bed or else they give you a twin. Room wit...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Luana G

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Just returned last weekend from a weerk AI here. My friend and I enjoyed a lovely stay. We are British had had no problems. Staff were friendly and helpful. The food was varied and there was a good choice but cards above all the meals stating what they were would have been advantagous. There are 3 different pools for adults including 2 pools for small children. The room was a good size with a nice balcony with 2 chair ( a table may have been nice). Blankets were provided in the rooms. The air conditioning had various settings and the room could be serviced daily. The wifi when we stayed was very poor as they were having problems with their router. We checked in late - 2330 or so and had no problems. At checkout they have a left luggage room which reception holds the key and if you all inclusive (which we were) all facilities were available until 3pm of the day of check out. The location was brill less than 5 minutes to the beach at Llorett and also that of the beach in Fennels and bus station. The Llorett has a lovely selection of restrauants and the old town has lots of character with lovely buildings. There is a coastal trail that can be followed to various points of interest and gives spetacular views.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alecia84
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I am still currently at the guitart hotel using their very poor excuse for wifi, but had to come onto trustworthy trip advisor to read what people thought of this hotel. After having a very long tiresome journey with a few hiccups we finally arrived at the hotel, hoping to finally relax and enjoy our holiday. We went to the door which said reception and were told abruptly that we had to go round to main reception. We then went through a gruelling 45 minutes with an incompetent receptionist who couldn't find our booking. After finally receiving our keys we finally thought we could relax. The room was very clean and pretty spacious, however claimed to be a 4* suite I would say more of a 2/3*. The pool was okay, definitely not as nice as the pictures make out but will do. It was the food that was absolutely appauling. When my friend and myself sat down for dinner after barely eating at breakfast and lunch we expected not to go wrong with pasta, how wrong we were.... I've been to many countries and many resorts and hotels but this was by far one of the worst I have been to. Loretta de mar itself is not a very nice place, with nondescript buildings, shops full of useless junk, and kebabs and fast food establishments to feed a nation. After not enjoying our food, going into town was not much of an improvement. I have another two days to endure but trust me when I say I will never be returning.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank M0nkster66
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a week. It was a fab. stay. We had a nice room (not a very big one but it was ok,)with 2 balconies. The restaurant was called The Meditteranean and the food there was very good; there was a big choice of dishes, everyone could find sth for himself.The location was great it was close to the beach and to the bus station. The room was cleaned every day and generally with some exceptions I am satisfied.As for the staff I can say that they were quite helpful especially when I informed them about our late arrival, they offered to arrange late dinner.There were also some things I didn't like, there was no kettle in the room and it was a problem for me because I drink a lot of coffee, besides I couldn't prepare a meal for my baby.Next thing was a lack of quilt, there was a blanket instead. The room as I mentioned before was cleaned but they forgot a few times to give a bar of soap.But the worst thing it was a lack of a lifeguard at the swimming pools.Once I was a witness of a situation when a stupid man threw doormats to the heated swimming pool. I saw people smoking cigarettes at the swimming pool although it was prohibited, I saw people jumping which was also not allowed. Now the animation for children, once I went to the Kids Club with my children and the lady, my husband called her lazy lady, ordered my 9-year-old daughter to play with a rattle for babies for 15 min, my daughter was confused and asked me if this woman was dumb?But on Saturday a disco for kids was organised and it was quite well organised. We also enjoyed the flamenco show and live music disco. Generally I really find this hotel great, I recommend it for families, for couples for the old and the young.I would like to come back there one day.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank gosiawyso
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Within hours of being at this hotel somebody had got into our room & broke the lock off our suitcase & stole all our holiday money!!!!
when we reported this 2the staff we were jst told to go 2the police station (a 10 minute walk!) &report it. we were moved 2 another room, only after askin 2b moved ourselves. the staff at this hotel, apart from 1 or 2 were very rude & arrogant. the bar staff would jst tut &walk away if they could not understand what we were saying! we tried 2 book a day out thru the hotel but the language barrier became a problem once again & we were even told that the hotel doesnt cater 4 the british! during our stay there was hardly any other britsh people there.
we were all inclusive on the holiday &the food seemed very basic, definately not worthy of a 4*! we were once told that our all inclusive card had reached its limit 4 the day! this was at about 2pm & had hardly even been used that day! but even if it had, all inclusive is not supposed 2come with a limit!
we had 2children with us (7 & 2) there was no childrens entertainment &the evening entertainment was the same every nite, abit of salsa music & a few older people up dancing.

we were staying 4 2weeks but ended up feeling like we jst wanted 2go home. luckily we managed 2get ourselves moved 2 another hotel 4 our last week.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank katie m
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I spent a long weekend there, and as much as we liked Lloret de Mar we couldn't wait to leave. We payed for an all inclusive stay and only ate there twice because the food was so terrible - we left half way through breakfast because we could not stomach the food. The hotel was loud, run down, dirty and the furtherest thing from relaxing. The beds were also incredibly uncomfortable, however the room was a decent size. The receptionists were friendly and very helpful but other than that and the location this hotel has nothing going for it. Would never recommend this hotel to anyone. I was shocked to hear it was a 4* hotel, I have stayed in 2* hotels offering better quality

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I have been going to Guitart Hotels for 14 years, more than once in a year, and have noticed some remarkable changes. The hotel caters for as many different age groups as it can, the food is varied and in sufficient quantity, the rooms are spacious and clean. The staff are also very friendly; I now know some of them by name and they know me the same way - always a smile, always a kind word, and I will never forget the efforts made by all for my mother's 75th birthday, which Guitart made really special for her. The only people I hear complain about the hotel are those who are not adventurous, or just want everything the way they have it at home. Chill out! Holidays are for relaxing. And I know where I like to relax, and where I CAN relax - this hotel is really a welcome break!

Room Tip: Decide what you want your room for - is it to stay there all day or just to sleep? There are differe...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family